Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Handle Storage Queue/Service Bus messages in batches

I want to be able to handle multiple messages per function call - we are using a third-party web service which works much more efficiently if the messages are passed to it in batches. I know we could use a timer to trigger the function and grab messages from the queue ourselves but if we do that the function won't scale out automatically.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SQL Azure trigger support

Azure functions are great, but a lot of application logic is driven by data in SQL Azure DBs. It would be great to have a trigger based on a SQL Azure row data.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Output to Service Bus Queues Dynamically

I have an Azure Function that binds to an input Event Hub and an output Service Bus Namespace. The output binding accepts the name of a queue. However, the event data coming from the Event Hub can potentially go to different queues. The determinant is in the message data. It would be nice to be able to tokenize the queue destination based on event data coming from the Event Hub

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for VB

Have existing Web Jobs in VB, some of which might be candidates for moving to Functions. Would be great to see full support for .Net languages in functions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Golang support for Azure Functions

C# and other environments are already supported; it would be nice if Go / Golang was one of them. I'd love to handle web requests using Golang + Azure Functions.

It could provide the "HTTP Requests" via the stdin, while the "HTTP Response" can be given via the stdout. (or whatever those two are called on Windows ;-) )

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  23 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable custom 3rd party authentication providers

Outside of out of the box providers like facebook and google, provide samples and guidance on how to authenticate with others like LinkedIn.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve gotten a few questions about this item recently, so I just wanted to give a more detailed status. We still have this on the backlog; it hasn’t been forgotten. But we don’t have a clear timeline for when we would get to it right now. The “unplanned” status just means that it can’t be tied to a timeline, but we do think this is a valid request that we would like to have in the product.
    - Matthew

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base