Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. premium plan billing and resource usage

Based on the document, function premium plan is billed based on vCPU and memory consumption.

We need a feature to check vCPU and memory usage.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for running functionapps on dotnetcore 5 on alpine image

Aleady spent time with an awesome engineer and the product group under ticket 2104210060004479 trying to get this working but some current limitations, we’d like to use alpine for smaller size/security footprint for functionapps as we do currently for our appservices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Startup Code For Azure Functions in Node JS

There is a need to have some code execute on startup. There is this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-warmup?tabs=javascript which executes on scale, but if we could changed that to have it run on the first, initial instance as well we could achieve the same thing that C# functions have: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-dotnet-dependency-injection

This will allow Azure Functions to have true "singleton/global" variables.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide Azure Functions using python in Visual Studio 2019

I recommend that it would be valuable to provide capabilities in Visual Studio 2019 to develop and deploy Azure functions using python in Visual Studio 2019 ( not only Visual Studio code as now ).
    The list at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-develop-local#local-development-environments shows the existing weakness of VS 2019 for python , compared to VS Code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The schema at https://json.schemastore.org/host.json does not allow logging.applicationInsights.snapshotConfiguration in hosts.json

The schema at https://json.schemastore.org/host.json does not allow logging.applicationInsights.snapshotConfiguration in hosts.json. This means that tools that provide validation against this schema do not allow the inclusion of this element. In my case that's ReSharper. See the attached image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Develop Azure Functions using Visual Studio and Python

As I stated when I raised support request #72988...

It would be valuable and impressive if Azure functions using Python in Visual Studio 201 was improved. At the moment it seems C# and VS Studio is supported, but not very much python in Visual Studio 2019.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Durable Azure Functions - Require restart when using slot functionality

My team is currently using durable Azure Functions and is there a way we can do CI/CD deployments without causing any downtime. The existing durable azure function functionality with swapping slots requires a restart so that the prod slot url is used, instead of the slot url.

Case Reference: 121012624005854

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Configure ClaimsPrincipal / Auth Bindings

Currently, it's possible to add a ClaimsPrincipal binding to C# functions. This is awesome... except that you can't run the functions instance locally. Since all of the security configuration seems to be abstracted away to EasyAuth, you can't specify your own clientId/tenantId/audience/authority.

Developing locally, I can build a custom validator that accepts the HttpRequest and returns the ClientPrincipal (or goes one step further and accepts the roles I want to validate against and tells me whether the ClientPrincipal in the HttpRequest is authorized). When I do this, I can specify my auth configuration so that I can run my React…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wildcards for queue names

When specifing a queueName for a ServiceBusTrigger in C#, it would be great to provide wildcards in the queueName, this way a single trigger can be used to handle queues from different and specific providers.
    For example, for queues "taskxproviderA","taskxproviderB" and "taskxproviderC", the queueName in the trigger would be "taskxprovider*".
    The trigger should also read messages evenly to prevent throttling.
    This way I can achieve two goals:
    1) Stop processing events for one provider (Setting the queue status
    to "receive only") while not loosing those messages if I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add VNet integration to the Consumption plan

Currently, the only serverless solution for VNet integration is to upgrade to the premium consumption plan.

It seems like overkill to upgrade to a whole new (way pricier) plan, to simply use a static outbound IP with Azure functions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add VNet integration to the Consumption plan

Currently, the only serverless solution for VNet integration is to upgrade to the premium consumption plan.

It seems like overkill to upgrade to a whole new (way pricier) plan, to simply use a static outbound IP with Azure functions.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to check the access log in application insights

Looking at application insights of Azure Function,
    I'm getting frequent 401 errors.
    I want to identify and block that IP address.
    But I can't check the access log in application insights.
    Please consider adding.
    I was guided to this website from Microsoft Japan.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to change quota on consumption function from portal or even CLI

I set a quota for my function app but still see this warning:

The function app has reached daily usage quota and has been stopped until the next 24 hours time frame.

I tried what the docs says to unset or higher the quota but is not possible to restart or even stop the function from running.
    Will be great a better management on function quota and a correct documentation, as the current docs shows misleading information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for specifying attributes on Javascript Azure Functions service bus output bindings

Currently, specifying custom message attibutes when posting a message to a service bus output binding and a NodeJS Azure Function is not supported. This means that these messages cannot be filtered robustly using service bus topic subscriptions. Adding this support would ease implementing a fan-out pattern for message passing using NodeJS Azure Functions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bindings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Instance name to Application Insights event types

Currently you can configure Application Insights via Instrumentation Key. In Application Insights data of different event types (request, trace, dependency) have several properties (e.g. Cloud role name or cloud role instance).

I request a new property for Application Insights data. I would like to know the name of the related Azure Functions App instance (e.g. RD0003FFDBB8FA). The Azure Functions App instance should be the name of the instance that is shown in the Metrics area of the Azure Function App.

This is needed to map the data of Application Insights (e.g. a special request) with the instance of the Azure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Search like scheduling for Azure Function

Azure Search offers functionality to set up a Start DateTime and Interval (in mins) to schedule Indexer runs. Can we have a similar setup so that we can run Azure Function at a particular DateTime and then after at every interval?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Distribute timer functions more wisely

We have observed a behavior in Azure Functions, which assigns almost all timer function execution to one single instance within App Service Plan. It eventually makes it more possible to run out of resource, memory or CPU. Would it possible to distribute timer function execution more wisely? Just like event triggered function execution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Read one queue item at a time

When calling a change token-based external API (get records since last change) from Azure Functions queue it is very important that queue items are run in order, one by one.

Explored several solutions to this, such as durable functions, but without luck.
    Currently using queues.batchSize = 1 to ensure concurrency, but this will affect all queues.
    If using consumption plan WEBSITEMAXDYNAMICAPPLICATIONSCALE_OUT must be set to 1, or else there might be several instances of the same function, and the batchSize fix won't help.

My dream scenario is some "concurrency key" in function.json, ensuring items with the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Run plain executables

Would love the ability just to upload a dotnet exe file, and have the function execute it and return the output. Or provide a reference to an existing exe in storage blob. Or a container with an exe inside it. This eliminates the overhead of creating a special function project and makes things easier to test locally. It makes things more generic so they can be integrated into open source infra like k8s.

Ultimately I'd love it if this same idea was adopted by all the cloud providers and k8s so that a function executable could be a first class…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base