Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run my code on demand like AWS Lambda

I'd like Azure to run my C#/C++ code on demand like the AWS Lambda service. I want my code to begin executing within 200ms of being triggered (this is negotiable). I only want to be charged for the time that it is starting up, executing and shutting down. I don't want to be charged to keep a server running idle somewhere when there is no work to be done. I want the service to automatically scale so that more and more of my jobs can be run simultaneously as demand increases. I want to use this for compute-intensive media processing…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is how Azure Functions works, allowing for C# code and binaries to be run on demand.

There are a few things here which aren’t met yet, so I’d encourage you to break it out into more feedback items for Functions. Specifically, we don’t have high RAM, high CPU machines for you to run on. They are mostly smaller machines.

Completing this given base requirement is met.

3. Please add a 'Create' or 'Add' button on Function apps page

I wanted to create a new function app. As a new user who has not done it before, I clicked on 'All services' and then selected ''Function apps' under 'Compute'. Function app page opened but I could not find a Create or add button. All that I could see were already created function apps.
    I tried the same path for other services like virtual machines and Container services but they all had an option to add a new one.
    When I looked at the docs to create a function app, I found that it is achieved by going to 'Create…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base