Azure Functions

Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in other Azure services, SaaS products, and on-premises systems. With Azure Functions, your applications scale based on demand and you pay only for the resources you consume. Azure Functions provides an intuitive, browser-based user interface allowing you to create scheduled or triggered pieces of code implemented in a variety of programming languages.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Durable Function Map (like Application Map in AppInsights)

Durable functions monitoring is possible by querying DurableFunctionsHubHistory, but it takes time to interpret it and create meaningful queries.
    It would be great to have visual representation of durable workflows: view all in-progress workflows, where they are and how do they progress execution. Also check history of each workflow instance. Times, spent on each Activity, events workflow was waiting for, durable overhead must be also visible there.
    It would be great to introduce workflow classification (Approval, Declined, Exception ... scenarios) in order to measure metrics among same-class workflow and not to compare times of Success to Exception workflows.
    Overall this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please support calls to System.Drawing.Bitmap ?

Hello Team,
    Azure function v2 engine does not support calls to System.Drawing.Bitmap class. I understand that this limitation has been documented under https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Azure-Web-App-sandbox

I find System.Drawing.Bitmap very useful when it comes to reading image files. Our current product (on .NET Framework) relies on System.Drawing for image processing and works very well. However we are unable to port to Azure because of the sandbox restrictions.

I request the team to consider this support in future versions of the runtime.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timer Trigger CRON interpreted per WEBSITE_TIME_ZONE for Linux Service Plans

I'd like timerTrigger and WEBSITETIMEZONE app setting to work on Function Apps hosted on Linux Service Plans as described in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-timer#ncrontab-time-zones

I've set WEBSITETIMEZONE app setting to "Eastern Standard Time"; however, it continues to interpret CRON expression as UTC, even after restart of Function App. I expect this works fine on Windows based Service Plans; however, this does not seem to be working on Linux based plans.

See attached pics. CRON is "schedule": "0 30 15 * * 1-5", but triggers at 11:30am EST.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add settings to change local logs verbosity/level

When running functions locally, on every call to a function I am bombarded with logs, can we have an options on the cli, or in local.settings.json to change the logs verbosity/level (debug/info/warning/error...) so it will be easier to debug and work with functions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure Functions Tools fail to start when there is a non american character on the user name (%userprofile% directory)

The network administrator just setup Active Directory integration and my user profile directory was created with non american characters. My name has an accent (^ ê).
    My azure function project stopped working and I found out that the only problem was having an accent in the user profile directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Functions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base