Azure Stack

Do you have an idea, suggestion or feedback back for the Azure Stack team? We would love to hear it!

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in the Azure Stack forum or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Stack customer. All of the feedback that you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Stack team.

Please remember that this is a Feedback forum, and should be used for ideas and suggestions related to Azure Stack.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Azure Stack Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Stack Kubernetes Template installs wrong version of K8S

Azure Stack Kubernetes Template deploys Kubernetes 1.10 instead of 1.11
    i deployed K8s 0.4 Template and slected k8s 1.11. however, 1.10 is installed https://gist.githubusercontent.com/bottkars/0b48089638f06ed92108d1782910d85c/raw/dde185ac4f25e8ba6a03b4101cf00e065f38190f/kubectl-descibe-nodes.txt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand the locked PEP session on disconnected stack to expose more useful diagnostic and quick fix cmdlets/scripts

The current locked PEP is very restrictive and we are finding that there are a common set of cmdlets/script that we are using to diagnose or get out of warning/failure states.

With a fully disconnected stack, just going through the PEP unlock token exchange can take hours and so having additional tools available would greatly simpliy and speed up the fault fix process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to Download from Azure Marketplace into AzureStack --> failed

Any Download Fails without detailed error Message...
    Download is cycling for minutes then only the "state" turns into failed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ASDK Version 1.1809.0.90 won't install. Need to update source files on image.

Following the installation instructions for installing ASDK, it errors out when trying to install version 1.1809.0.90. I am able to install on older versions of ASDK but the latest version gives an error. This is after multiple download and install attempts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When creating resources, subscriptions are not limited to the service

I should not be able to select a subscription that doesn't have access to a service when trying to create a resource for that service.
    E.g: when creating a keyvault, I'm able to select a subscription that only has access to compute.

Storage shows a validation error (Resource Manager is not supported by the selected subscription)

Compute shows a validation message for the location picker saying that the image isn't available for that location.

Tested on 1807

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide serial port access to a VM

I made a mistake in my CentOS Linux image so when it booted, it could not fully boot. However, I could see in the Linux Boot Diagnostics page that the kernel was asking me for the root password so I could fix the problem. It wasn't booted, so there was not network yet. However, it could talk on a serial port to let me login - if you could add that to AzureStack.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Error Response is not proper through API

When calling through API

If Subscription for a register provider (Microsoft.compute) is not registered, the error should be similar to this, where as it Error message SUBSCRIPTION ID could not be found.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Stack

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base