(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow customisation of RADIUS access challenge reply message content for Azure MFA NPS extension

Currently RADIUS access challenge reply message content is set in the code of the NPS extension.

We'd like the ability to customise the reply message for challenge based authentication methods ( e.g. SMS, mobile app verification code etc ).

For example when using mobile app verification code method, the RADIUS access challenge reply message is 'Enter Your Microsoft verification code'.

We'd like the ability to override, this, for branding consistency / ease of use reasons.

As the VPN appliance will take the reply message content and display it to the user as is, we'd like this control.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create More Learning Plans

I really like the Learning Plans you have posted, and I'd like to see additional Learning Plans for the following topics:

• Virtual Networks / Networking

• Azure Active Directory - Operations

• Storage

Having these plans would really help those studying for the 70-533 and, of course, with understanding infrastructure topics for operations.

I would be willing to contribute to these, but I do not see the Learning Plans anywhere on the GitHub repo.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open a DataCenter in Chile

Chile is a growing market. Google has a data center here and the communications infrastructure for the cities is good. If you build it they will come ! the Internet providers here still charge a premium for international traffic, ignoring the fact that they are thieves, I believe a having Azure/Office 365 presence in Chile would generate interest in the service. We are testing n Brazil, but the lack of some services and the use of international traffic is a big problem for our plans.. We are a Gold Partner interested in migrating an existing online service to Azure but…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow change of country residency

I changed my country of residency and now my Azure account is pretty much locked up. It does not let me add a new payment method with my new country as the country option is grayed out.

I contacted support and they basically told me the current platform does not allow it!!!

Can you please allow this? For me, it is not an option to use another email address....I have only one email address that I monitor.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. single invoice

just like amazon aws it would be good to have single invoice for all subscriptions.

its cumbersome for accounts department to handle multiple bills
    single monthly invoice
    subscription wise break-up
    resource wise break-up would be good

moving from aws to azure itself a humongous learning curve
    now, multiple billing is another burden

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WEBJOBS_SHUTDOWN_FILE configuration using web jobs continuously

continuously using webjobs and constitute a WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE.
    When Azure maintenance occurs, it stops before the file is deployed, even though you have configured WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE.

Please consider our request that files, such as WEBJOBSSHUTDOWNFILE, should be placed before shutdown the server.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Customers the ability to see the allocated workers from the client side, as well as which workers get into bad instances.

At the moment, customers are unable to see which of their workers are assigned to bad instances from the Azure Portal. In order to know this very valuable information, they have to contact Azure Support Staff, and be in close contact with them every time they make any updates, or restart their application to see if things are going correctly.

As workers are incredibly important, they are basically the backbone of function apps, I propose that we make it so that customers have the ability to see which workers are allocated to their app services.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. integrate Azure File Services in DFS-R

If you use Azure File Services as an alternative to a file server, it would be very useful to have a replication mechanism like DFS-R.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Hybrid azure joined Devices in Non-Persistent vdi environment

We rely on Conditional access policy to secure o365 resources to Hybrid joined devices. On Non-Persistent VDI resources this process fails on initial logon and requires a user to lock the device before receiving the Primary refresh token. I would consider this a bug. With the need of more remote work options this has become more important to our organization.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Develop a native Azure diagramming tool similiar to the old ISABPA Network diagrammer, but better.

Develop a native Azure diagramming tool similar to the old ISABPA Network diagrammer, but better.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rename European regions

Please rename the North and West Europe regions so they are aligned with France, UK, Switzerland naming convention.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group

Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group. For example: we have an AAD security group used for GBL. This group has E5 assigned. I want to send an email and all the users within this group to receive it. We discuss here about a big company with houndreds of users which already has a set up in place. We don't want to make any modification on the current configuration but rather to have the possibility to mail enable an AAD security group which will solve all of our problems. Thank you!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support ICMP traffic by NAT gateway

Currently instances deployed behind nat gateway can't ping public resources because NAT gateway does not support ICMP traffic. Please have support ICMP traffic as well

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Datacenter in Italy

is it possible to have a datacenter in Italy, maybe Milan?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide more user attributes in Azure Active Directory by default

The user attributes that are provided by Azure Active Directory by default are inadequate. Please also include the following attributes:
    company
    employeeID
    mail
    extensionAttribute1
    extensionAttribute2
    extensionAttribute3
    extensionAttribute4
    extensionAttribute5
    extensionAttribute6
    extensionAttribute7
    extensionAttribute8
    extensionAttribute9
    extensionAttribute10
    extensionAttribute11
    extensionAttribute12
    extensionAttribute13
    extensionAttribute14
    extensionAttribute15

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Subscribe button is broken on the Updates page

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/
    Click on the Subscribe button and it links to the XML RSS Feed - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/
    Not the expected behavior.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maintain the sort order in Azure Storage Explorer when clicking Refresh

Maintain the sort in Azure Storage Explorer when clicking Refresh

Quite often I want to look at the latest records in Table Storage, so I sort by the created date. If I then click refresh to get the latest data the sort resets and I have to apply the sort again, its driving me crazy

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Require to send app service plan's metric data to a workspace.

A diagnostic setting to send the app service plan's metric data to a workspace is really needed.

The metric data in app service plan is important and useful for monitoring the condition of all the apps, here is a strong requirement to make use of the data on Cx's goal flexibly by sending the data to a workspace.

Please take this into consideration. Thanks a lot.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow microsoft.directory/groups/hiddenMembers/read at the Administrative Unit

If you create a Group with hidden membership and assign it to an Administrative Unit a "Groups administrator" for that AU cannot view the membership. Only the root directory Groups administrator role can view hidden membership.

It would be good to allow the microsoft.directory/groups/hiddenMembers/read permission at the AU level.

This would also make it match the documentation as that permission is assumed to be working at the AU level but it is not currently.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure resource custom role assignments

When configuring role assignments on an Azure resource, you're not able to change those assignments which are inherited. I have a situation where I need to lock down a resource so very few have the ability to modify/delete. The list of users who should be able to make changes, does not include those that currently have the 'Owner' role at the subscription level. I'd like to be able to disable inheritance at the resource level and be able to reassign the roles.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base