(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• or
  1. Add French Canadian as an Azure Company Branding option

French Canadian is now a discrete language pack and language option in Windows 10 OOBE. Windows AutoPilot uses Azure Company Branding languages to determine what custom sign in page text to deliver to the user at the "Welcome to Contoso" Azure AD join page in OOBE. Yet Azure AD Company Branding is MISSING a French Canadian option. This is directly impacting AutoPilot which is displaying French Canadian custom sign in page text in English because of the missing language configuration. French Canadian has its own regional and grammatical differences from French. Windows 10 OOBE already handles the French Canadian differences,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing a filtered view of users/groups that are granted access to Azure Applications

Currently, when you go to the Azure page for assigning users/groups to an Application (Active Directory / Applications), you can only filter by users or groups. You don't have an easy way to view assigned users or assigned groups. If you do a full search, and there are > 100 results, you need to change the search criteria. So, no easy method in the web interface to determine which groups or users have access to an application, which makes it hard to update the password or settings if necessary or verify which people have access, etc.

If you look…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a "language" option on the Azure website

I live in Swtizerland. But I am English. Why does the Azure website insist on just being shown to me in German ? There's no option to change language/country.... so its unusable to me. Genuis.

This IS out of Beta testing, isn't it...?

;-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Scroll down to the bottom of the page on WindowsAzure.com. You should see a drop down with the language and currency.

Hope this helps,

4. Fine granular Azure Security Center pricing option

Hi,

can you please add the possibility for fine granular pricing selection in Azure Security Center.
    At the moment, it's only possible to activate the standard pricing model for resource types (like Azure Sotrage Account, Azure VM,..) and not fine granular. In some customer scenarios, I came into the situation, that only some resources in a subscription need a higher security level.

I know, I can split it to different subscriptions, but it's sometimes not useful.

Regards,
    Hannes

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add our Country. Jersey in the Channel Islands

Please add our country. Our company is unable to purchase Azure services because we are from Jersey and our purchase cards are registered their. Jersey has its own ISO2 country code, parliament, laws and tax raising.

It should be simple? just copy the setting for the UK but don't set up VAT!

Jersey's currency is GBP and because its not part of the UK or European union does not have VAT.

We can't purchase standalone Visual Studio either due to this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Intranet Facing Multi Region Load Balancer/Traffic Manager

There is not such a way to redirect the internal requests between different regions.
    Scenario Highly available ADFS deployment as showed below
    • 2 internal ADFS servers each one located on a different region (1st in Azure North Central US and the 2nd in Azure West Europe).
    • 2 WAP servers with NSG each one located on a different region (1st in Azure North Central US and the 2nd in Azure West Europe).
    • 1 external traffic manager located in the Azure East US.

The missing item to this deployment is the internal traffic manager where it is not supported…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure

Azure services or SQL Azure should be pause/restarted at our disposal so it will be a good idea to do this without loosing the IP on cloud services or restore the entire database.
    I mean this is what Azure shoul do, am I right?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File Sync with Service endpoint/FIrewall enabled Azure file Storage

Currently Azure File sync is not able to sync with a file storage which activates firewall function (and Service endpoint).

Enterprise data often contains secret data. Therefore I need that file sync can be used with file storage which activates firewall function.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto update of service account passwords and export feature of file

In Azure environment, Microsoft has recently launched Active directory domain services. which has very good reporting features. I would be great if you add password change policy for service accounts as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Azure AD Privileged Identity Management - Admin Role Still Active after Access is Expired

When an admin role is activated using the Azure AD PIM solution and their admin access expired, they are able to perform admin functions in Exchange\SharePoint etc until the sign off of O365. THis even lasts until the next day if the admin does not log off.

This is a security loophole for admin access still existing after it is supposed to be expired.

I received this explanation from a case I opened:

Even if the time frame of an hour or two hours have been expired, then the Azure AD will never have the knowledge that the token has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure policy non-compliance sent to azure monitor

Send non-compliance to Azure monitor so Azure Automation can be used to remediate policy violations

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please start providing GPU accelerated VDIs using Nvidia GRID on Azure servers.

The last thing Azure is missing for me to move all my virtualized servers to Azure is GPU Acceleration for the VDIs and RemoteAPPs.
    This would make it possible to run our 3D graphic software in the cloud.

Amazon AWS support this by using the Nvidia GRID, but it would be better for me to get i ALL on Azure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add VB.Net support to Azure Functions

VB.Net seems to have been missed in the list of languages available for Azure Functions.
    Since C# and VB.Net rely on the same compiler and libraries, I'm wondering why VB.Net is not available.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create an alert when user is created in Azure AD

Whenever a User account is created in Azure AD, an alert should be triggered with a notification of this activity being done by whom and when over an email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Python for Azure CLI

Support the Azure CLI in python Runbooks. This would allow something like this: https://github.com/Azure/azure-cli/blob/dev/src/azure-cli/azure/cli/main.py to work. For example:

from azure.cli.core import get_default_cli

get_default_cli().invoke.(["--help"])

This python code snippet would translate to the bash command:

$az --help

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure's status board availability

The Microsoft Azure status board should live outside Azure's ecosystem just because when there is a problem with some Azure´s service, the Microsoft Azure status page may not be available for the same issue.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure VM pricing

Azure pricing calculator is showing correct (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/)
    or Azure Virtual Machine correct (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/virtual-machines/)

Are you need to fix the calculations.

If someone help me out here that's much great help for me.

Regards
    Viv

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I try to use Microsoft Azure (Designer) , it's very hard. I think Azure Studio classic is greater than Microsoft Azure (Designer)

I try to use Microsoft Azure (Designer) , it's very hard. I think Azure Studio classic is greater than Microsoft Azure (Designer)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Pass umwandeln in Azure Developer

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herrn.
    warum kann ich, auch wenn ich keine Kreditkarte habe, nicht das Geld für Azure Developer 6x 26,46 € = 146,76 € im voraus überweisen und vor Ablauf der 6 Monate wieder 146,74 € überweisen. Ich komme gerade vom Microsoft TechCamp : Web Developement hier in Hamburg, wo auch über Azure im Zusammenhang mit der Web Entwicklung gesprochen wurde und ich das, was man uns dort gezeigt hat, gerne im Azure nachvollzogen hätte. Man sagte uns, das in nächster Zeit auch ein Azure TechCamp hier in Hamburg stattfinden wird, wo ich mit 100 %tiger Sicherheit auch…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Tables Index

Please add indexing capabilities to azure tables. Adding multiple rows for the same data is a poor hack. Azure cognitive search is outrageously expensive. Thanks for reading, and I really hope you will consider adding indexes to azure tables...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base