(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Account Portal is god-aweful slow

viewing subscriptions and such is terribly slow. Please spend a day on performance tuning.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PIM add support in the Graph API to query Azure resources roles audit logs.

We can query Azure AD roles in PIM for our conformity report but have to log-in to the portal manually for PIM roles on Azure Resource.

Works for PowerBI Admin Roles but not for "Contributor" role in Subscription X.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MFA

Update the Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) Gui so we can see any account that is NOT enabled or enforced. Seems like a basic setting but I cannot find any resource to help identify these risks and it is troubling (and manual).

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add description field to NSG Rule

It would be nice to have a way to describe the reason for a given NSG rule.

This would greatly simplify, for instance, bookkeeping for PCI DSS 3.1 item 1.1.6 which demands a business notification for each NSG rule.

Name field allows 80 chars but type description there is just not the right thing. Specially when you need to refer to a given rule while using CLI tools. Huge plus if it appears as a column while listing rules.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GiveSetting to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

we hosted application in Azure VM and configured WAF Application Gateway. But we are getting following error

Request body no files data length is larger than the configured limit (131072).. Deny with code (413)

For this we done so much googling and found the solution that we need to increase following parameters in the application gateway. If not possible then need configuration to by pass this limit checking so our application will not stuck because sometime application need to send request with this length.

Request to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

Many others…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for BYOL on pre-built VM Images

When I want to create a SQL Server VM in Azure and use a license I already own (Bring Your Own License) I am unable to use an existing VM Image in Azure as these are pre-licensed. It would be good if I could use an existing VM image and supply just my license key.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a description field for Azure Key Vault secrets

When creating a 'secret' in Azure Key Vault you mainly got Name, Value and Content type fields to populate. It would be great to have a Description field as well to provide some verbose description/notes about the particular secret.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. enable Azure MFA server to accept RADIUS attribute 31 for trusted IP evaluation.

Currently the RADIUS client must send the authenticating user's IP address via attribute 66 for Azure MFA RADIUS server to correctly evaluate trusted IP addresses. It would be tremendously helpful if that was configurable so that an admin could select a different RADIUS attribute (such as 31) for trusted IP evaluation. We use a NetScaler gateway and it will currently only send RADIUS attribute 31 (Calling-Station-Id) to the RADIUs server. Quick fix I presume!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Finance Teams to access invoices

It should be possible to add secondary users to the account administrator page so that Finance teams can manage invoices. Curently we have to login, download the invoice then forward it to finance. This is inefficient

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outstanding Payment

Need Payment history and total outstanding per subscription.

As a subscriber I can only see invoices at azure, but there is no payment history which tells me how and when azure has captured this payment.

It is our legal right to see the payments captured by AZURE. Tomorrow AZURE go and capture another payment from my card how I will reconcile which payment is for what.

If you are taking payment then you must show somewhere that we have captured this payment via this way against this invoice or for this purpose.

Also there is no way I can see…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Swagger API for Time Series Insights

The Time Series Insights API is really powerfull but documentation (query API, syntax) contain some documentation mistakes regarding aggregates. As a developer I need a lot of time to analyze the queries and responses to get the rights fields. As a developer I would like to use a swagger api which allows me to test queries and generate clients.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create PowerShell cmdlets to manage Hybrid worker group settings

Please, provide PowerShell cmdlets to manage Hybrid worker group settings like "Run As credential".

Currently, I have to use the Azure Rest API in order to change the RunAs Credential used by the Hybrid Worker Group.

It would be nice to be able to do it using AzureRm cmdlets that I can run in the same Azure Context as all other AzureRm cmdlets.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide 'disable lock' functionality

The resource locks are great way of preventing the accidental deletion or modification and I usually lock the whole resource group with 'delete'. Quite often though I have to modify some simple setting like removing the rule from security group. In order to achieve that I have to:
    - Delete lock
    - Delete rule from security group
    - Create lock again
    It would be easier / faster if I could temporary disable the lock instead.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ssh public key in metadata 169.254.169.254

When querying for http://169.254.169.254/metadata/instance?api-version=2017-04-02 in an instance, we can't get the public ssh key to configure the instance. When not using the linux agent, it could be nice to be able to access this user data. FYI AWS & Aliyun already does this (it's an entry called public-keys)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a Windows Key Storage Provider (KSP) that effectively allows usage of Azure Key Vault as a virtual hardware security module (HSM)

If windows could use Azure Key Vault as a KSP, it would better secure the private keys of any certificates in Windows - effectively acting as a virtual hardware security module (HSM). I believe this would enable migration of workloads that require a HSM to Azure, and reduce cost for on-prem workloads that might otherwise require a HSM. It would also make it easier / more secure to setup a public key infrastructure (PKI) / certificate authority (CA) in Azure -- or even on-premises for that matter.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Machine Learning workbench connection request

Machine Learning workbench requires Internet connection, but please also support connection via VPN and via Express Route.

Also, I want you to be able to use some functions even in an environment without internet connection.

----In Japanese---
    Machine Learning workbench はインターネット接続が必須ですが、VPN 経由での接続やExpress Route 経由での接続もサポートしてほしい。

また、インターネット接続がない環境でも、一部の機能だけでも使用できるようにしてほしい。

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base