(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Cosmos DB should support static columns

Cosmos DB can be used with Cassandra API but it is not possible to create table with static columns. Cosmos DB should support static columns.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • B2B invitation status

Azure Active Directory B2B account.

Now there isn't possiblity to generate report, if B2B user has activated account or not. It would be good to have feature to list not activated users from administrative perspective. Example when doing acocunt clean up.

There are fields in profile like Source which contain Invited user or Resend invitation button is visible. Those indicates if user hasn't activated invitation.

Or even have automatic removal on directory, if invitation hasn't been approved within X days, B2B account is removed automatically. As if account hasn't been activated, it cannot be used anywhere.

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

27 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
          An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Azure Price calculator to show EA agreement prices

We find the Azure price calculator very usefull (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/), however it provide the "list" prices and not our own EA discounts. One option is to build our own calculator but I assume that will be a costly development project so the question is: Is there any plan to make the price calculator "tuned" with our coroprate prices. E.g that we can logon with our AzureAD credentials and then get the correct prices?

Or alternative solution, that the export from the price calculator to Excel inlcude the part-number (and service name) so we can do some macro in Excel…

27 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              10 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Docker PaaS

It would be great if I could deploy docker images without having to worry about setting up Docker hosts.

27 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany

Hello,
                We suggest to you to make new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany.
                The Middle East is bigger than Europe, Why two in Europe and no one there..

27 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Allow Subscription Owners to Filter VMs by Service Principals

Currently, I don't see any way to filter resources (either in the UI or via the CLI) in such a way that I can see what any given Service Principal has on the subscription. This is important for me, as I've got multiple Principals which are each tied to a different user, and I'd like to be able to have insight into what sort of resources & usage each user on my Subscriptions are consuming.

It would be very useful to have this in both the UI for quick checks, as well as in the CLI so reports can be…

27 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow VNet Peering between ASM and ARM with different subscriptions

Currently, when VNet Peering between virtual network in resource manager model and classic deployment model, the same supscription for the VNets are reqired.
                    I hope we can freely configure VNet Peering between ASM and ARM with different subscriptions in the near future.

26 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

26 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Fix Reservations IAM

As the Account Administrator for my enrolment, I have no view of RIs which have been provisioned under the enrolment by default unless “Owner” access is explicitly provided by the “Contributor” who purchased the RI.

In effect, I have no ability to manage RI resources by default; and I may potentially not even know of their existence until I receive the quarterly invoice.

Please make the RIs accessible as per the standard IAM policy which applies to all other Azure resources (ie. Account and Service Administrators by default can view).

The Azure Doc (link below) states that "By default, the…

26 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Need a function to disable Server: header in HTTP response from Application Gateway

Currently, Application Gateway sets Server header like a "Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0" in HTTP response.

For some security reason, I want to delete this header in HTTP response.

If Application Gateway has a function to enable/disable to add the header, It will be more useful.

26 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Azure MFA needs anti-phishing features such as include location details and notification to users about new devices

Users can sometimes approve MFA notifications on their device because they do not know whether it is their device authenticating or a hacker who has phished their credentials. Therefore, to help users know why they are being asked to accept authentication include additional details such as the application name, IP address and location in the MFA prompt. Apple includes the location and a map of the location in their own two-factor implementation.

Additionally, users should be notified with an email any time a new device is used to authenticate to their account.

25 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Stricter UD Walk Time Frames

Currently, UD walk's seem to happen at any random time. Which for web app's that are on a single instance can mean downtime during the cold boot phase. These should really be applied out of hours/early morning (time zone dependant on your service plan location) to avoid major disruption. In a particular instance, we had 3 UD walk's within 2 days during normal business hours. I know this can be avoided by scaling the instances but really shouldn't have to be a requirement.

25 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
                                * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
                                * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
                                * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

25 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

25 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Provide a download of the new Azure portal icons and logos for use in diagrams etc

I'd like to use the new Azure icons in a diagram but only the old classic portal icons are available for download. Please provide them in SVG format (at least).

25 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

If deploy VPN Gateway and follow this instruccions [1], Azure Powershells shows this error:

Set-AzureRMVirtualNetworkGateway: Vpn Client protocol OpenVPN is not supported for basic Sku Gateway [..]

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-openvpn

24 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base