(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• or
  1. Need function for restricting access for specific folders in Active Directory SharePoint folders

We want to restrict access through Active Directory.

But we unfortunately we found out that we can only restrict access to Sharepoint sites and not specific folders. It would be great, if maybe in the future we can also restrict access to specific folders through access packages.

Best Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Firewall - FQDN Tags - Add Azure's KMS Activation URLs

title says it all

I am referring to this documentation link for current FQDN tags: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/firewall/fqdn-tags

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide readable username in Azure Activity Log for actions of other applications

When Applications like Databricks perform actions in Azure these show up in the Activity Log with an ID in the Column "event initiated by" that cannot be found anywhere.

Please provide a readable username in the Column to better identify who performed actions like these.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete warnings for Seamless single sign-on and Pass-through authentication after Azure AD Connect servers are deleted.

I deleted the on-prem server in AD Connect Health after taking the on-prem server offline - AD Connect is not used/available as all accounts are now managed in AAD. I get a warning in Azure Active Directory blade > Azure AD Connect that 'Seamless single sign-on' and 'Pass-through authentication' need attention. There is no way to get rid of the warnings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow change of country residency

I changed my country of residency and now my Azure account is pretty much locked up. It does not let me add a new payment method with my new country as the country option is grayed out.

I contacted support and they basically told me the current platform does not allow it!!!

Can you please allow this? For me, it is not an option to use another email address....I have only one email address that I monitor.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Azure customers in one country to pay with payment methods from other countries

My company in Morocco is using Azure to deploy our SaaS product.
    I want to pay for my subscription with a credit card from Europe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide Azure hosting service for Swedish market

A lot of companies and governments in Sweden demand that their data is physically stored in the country. By not having an Azure data center there prevents a lot of applications and services for the Swedish market to be hosted in Azure.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DuPont Training

Can you add an Azure Active Directory connector for DuPont Training.

http://www.training.dupont.com/

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Within Azure Activity Logs, it would be very beneficial to also capture GET/READs in addition to Write, Delete and Action

Within Azure Activity Logs, it would be very beneficial to also capture GET/READs in addition to Write, Delete and Action

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. azure AD key directory change with email notification

Since the tenant setting is sensitivity, can we add the email alert or notification when the company/tenant level setting has been changed?

So the administrator will receive it and audit the operation made by others. such as directory management category.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure Privileged Identity Management multiple activations

When the need for activating several roles there would have been super nice to have multiple activation at the same time from the poratl. meaning that we don`t have to go back an activate one role at the time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Internal As a Service DNS

On Azure, the internal Active Directory server's DNS service must be served as a service. In this way, only the Active Directory feature is enabled on the server. Having no DNS on the server allows the server to run more efficiently.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please document that FTP Client from inside of Azure VM does not support FTP "Active Mode", but does support Passive mode

Please document that FTP Client from inside of Azure ARM VM does not support FTP "Active Transfer Mode", but does support Passive transfer mode

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Suggest to have a consistent approach and single UI to manage Subscriptions and all types of Active Directories

At the moment managing subscriptions and different type of active directories (B2C etc) are complex and not consistent, which has introduced a lot of confusion and management overhead. Better to have simpler and consistent approach in this area.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In office 365 basic user profile information we can’t able to update via on-premises Active directory. Eg: Date of birth, about me, project

In office 365 basic user profile information we can’t able to update via on-premises Active directory.

Eg: Date of birth, about me, project…….

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows Azure should available for users reside in Lebanon

Windows Azure should available for those users who reside in Lebanon

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. integrate the MSDN subscriber Azure feature into VS 2015

I've activated my Azure access on my MSDN account but can't publish from inside VS 2015 (I'm using the community version).

Symptom description: in VS select solution explorer/site/publish web site/MS Azure Web Apps/ my subscription is displayed (with no warning after I activated the MSDN Azure offer) but all the controls are disabled including the New button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable invoice-by-email for Azure Government (portal.azure.us)

The Invoice-by-email feature button is present in the portal.azure.us portal but does not work. I use this feature in the portal.azure.com portal but most of our infrastructure is on government Azure and I need this function to work.
    Currently, we have to rely on I.T. personnel to remember to download and forward it to the accounting department every month which is hit and miss at best.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Windows Admin Center + Azure Government Integration

Registering Windows Admin Center (WAC) to Azure Government is not currently possible (unless I'm missing something). This is a HUGE gap. Windows Server 2019 + WAC offers a very intuitive entry point into Azure hybrid services. To leverage these features, a Windows Server 2019 server needs to first register to Azure via WAC. This registration process fails on the Azure Government platform. In short, it is not currently possible to use WAC with Azure Government services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. User list - View all

Have a 'View All' option for the Azure Active Directory user list, rather than having to hit 'load more' over and over.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base