Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• or
  1. Create a tool to remove the Azure Active Directory from the Server 2019 Image or Upon setting up the new VM place a notice beside the option

When the image of Server 2019 is linked to Azure AD during the initial setup and created the user doesn't have the ability to unlink the Azure AD if they decide to change to Azure Active Directory Services (Domain Controller) because of registry entries on the VM. Create a tool to remove the registry references to free the VM from the Azure AD or on the page during setup of the VM add a message if the user selects to utilize the Azure AD that the option is not able to be reversed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Users with Azure AD password writeback should be prompted for password reset

If password writeback is enabled for a user with Azure AD Premium, resetting their password should force the user to reset their password in local Active Directory, or on Windows if it is connected to Azure AD.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Monitor Missing Device Up/Down Monitoring for Azure Stack Edge Pro device

Azure Monitor Missing Device Up/Down Monitoring for Azure Stack Edge Pro device. Our firm bought Azure Stack Edge Pro device recently and asked us to setup up/down alerting and unfortunately Azure monitor does cover this under "Data Box Edge devices (dataBoxEdgeDevices)" conditions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pls update the Az Sentinel data source - Azure Active Directory prerequisites

I was trying to enable this connector in azure sentinel but failed to sync any sign-in logs.

After checking with MS Support, I got to know that it's required minimum P1/P2 Azure AD license to ingest sign-in logs,

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Azure Available for Nepal

We Developers and IT Pros in Nepal have delivered several Solutions based on Azure. However Doing this we have always been dependent on Buying Subscriptions from another Country. This has created problems for developers and IT Pros like us.
    Nepal Being a country being a target for Software and Services Out Sourcing Center, Large and Commercial Software Development happening, Nepal Being a country supporting Green Energy, Government Supporting the Cloud and Microsoft, we are still deprived of using the Services.
    I had talked with CTOs and Various Evangelist of Microsoft Regarding this issue. The response I got was…

281 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suggestion for Tools to close open Azure Storage File handles and Directory.

Suggestion for Tools to close open Azure Storage File handles and Directory.

In enough to reduce the effort when users leave file/directory open when accessing which results into lock.

We have to run the Azure Storage File handle cmdlet to list the handles and then close them.

We will appreciate if there is a better tools/script to achieve this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. azure should give active forum or community members discount and copon code for helping others.

azure should give active forum or community members discount and copon code for helping others.

https://besttennisguru.com/best-tennis-racquets/

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reporting API to get Risk sign-ins in Azure AD

i get signin and audit Events from AzureAD(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-reporting-api-sign-in-activity-samples).But i need to get risk sign-ins.is there any API available to get this?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Azure SQL single database pricing documentation regarding active geo-replication

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/sql-database/single/ says "Active geo-replication is available for all database tiers." However, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-service-tier-hyperscale says, "You cannot yet configure geo-replication for Azure SQL Database Hyperscale."

This is a contradiction. I suspect the latter is correct. I suggest you fix the documentation in the pricing page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure CLI conditional access support

I am trying to allow usage of Azure CLI app with Windows and macOS devices with MFA. I created CA rule with cloud app Microsoft Azure Management (what contains Azure CLI https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/concept-conditional-access-cloud-apps#microsoft-azure-management) and allowing usage of that with MFA.

Now login to Azure CLI with az login command (and some other commands) working well, but some commands are not working at all. Example command "az ad signed-in-user show" gives error AADSTS53003: Access has been blocked by Conditional Access policies. The access policy does not allow token issuance.

All commands what are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services..

Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services... LA marketing team swept by in 2016 and there are new tax laws and policies are in place. A new Government with Office 365 subbscription too

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Papua New Guinea to your country list where Azure is commercially available

Hello, I am a Software Developer the love developing Web Applications using Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server as Database Storage Engine.

However, in my country the existing Internet Service Providers(ISPs) do not offer Web Hosting Services with functionalities such as Control Panel for easy deployment of my Web Applications with seamless integration with SQL Server.

Having developed web applications for use on premise for a long time, I now see Microsoft Azure as the answer to my prayers to start developing web applications that can be reached on the Internet both from within my country and worldwide.

Please add…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow change of country residency

I changed my country of residency and now my Azure account is pretty much locked up. It does not let me add a new payment method with my new country as the country option is grayed out.

I contacted support and they basically told me the current platform does not allow it!!!

Can you please allow this? For me, it is not an option to use another email address....I have only one email address that I monitor.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Azure AD local devices administrators to pre-existing joined devices

As per:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/assign-local-admin

It is not possible to add a new user to the local device adminstrators group on pre-registed Azure AD joined devices without having to disconnect and re-join.

It would make management of larger organisations much easier if this permission/role could be pushed automatically to pre-existing Azure AD joined devices.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Azure available in Marshall Islands

Please make Azure available in Marshall Islands. Many IT Pros in the country are interested and would like to use Azure in various aspects. It would be great to use the cloud services and solutions find in Azure. Please make Azure available in Marshall Islands.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure Internal Load balancer

Able to get the logs for External Load Balancer. But not for Internal Load balancer. Please let us know whether we can get logs for Azure Internal Load balancer??? and also alert rules functionality is missing got both Azure external and internal load balancer.. let us know when it will be available

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix how SQL MI 'Directory readers' membership is validated by Azure portal

While setting the SQL Managed Instance Azure AD admin group, Azure portal lists the membership of 'Directory Readers' and check if SQL MI is included on it.
    When above role has more than 1000 members, the validation does not pass as it's not returned by the first 1000 entries, hence it always say that permissions were not granted yet (which is not accurate)

We need you to replace above logic to look for the SQL MI SPN membership instead, and see if it's a member of above role

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enterprise Applications - Directory ID Migration

During Active Directory Migration, Enterprise applications registered under old directory ID cannot be migrated to new directory ID. This causes issues in accessing new key vault created in new directory ID.
    In future, I would request to provide options for migration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Missing Azure report scheduling similar to SCOM report scheduler

Missing Azure report scheduling similar to SCOM reporting.
    It would be easy to schedule reports for agent health/storage used capacity/key metrics/vm down and etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base