(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure student access should also be provided by a valid student if card

Hello I’m an undergrad student from India and I’m really interested in working on the Azure so I’d like to bring to your attention that the problem with Indian universities is very few universities issue student email ids so I’d like to request that you’ll give and other students in India by checking our university ID card or marksheets because a lot of other companies and have softwares have given me student access by providing my ID card

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag Subnet

Good morning,
    I want to share a tip. It may very usefull to develop the possibility to add custom TAG to subnet resource.
    This because, through tags, we could identify fast and correctly the subnet we need.

Thank you !

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Automation Update Manger Support RHEL 8.x

Engineering team is planning to bring update management for RHEL 8.x.

Regarding to the ETA, Current roadmap is Q2CY21 approximately (around April-June 2021) but also could possibly be later.

Is possible we could invite customer for private preview early?

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure AD Administrative Units

Allow adding users inside Administrative Units via Group Assignment.
    At the moment when group is assigned to Administrative Units inside Azure AD, members are not becoming part of the Unit. Also User admins of the unit may not govern the Group members.
    Would be good if users could inherit administrative Units from by the Group membership.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow adding new subsciption to an Azure account using PowerShell

Add new Cmdlets Add-Subscription, Delete-Subscription, etc. so that we can automate the creation of subscriptions in an existing Azure account.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When moving a resource

When moving a resource (or resource group) to a new subscription.
    ask for real movement after the validation, this would enable a dry test upfront for planning

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Datetime format in AIP watermarking

When I use pre-defined "${Event.DateTime}" in water-marking setting,
    AIP client insert the string like "2020-06-26T01:39:36Z"
    Its more natural if AIP client insert the date time defined in OS locale setting. "2020/06/26 11:59"

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. - ELK Cluster stack configure on within own VNET

Would like to see the feature for implementing Elasticsearch (ELK) cluster stack on our own Virtual network as PaaS component like HDinsight service

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support WebSockets on Azure CDN

Websockets is in absolute need of nowaday services, and both CloudFront and Cloudflare support websockets, it's a real pity that it isn't supported on Azure CDN

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Azure Application Proxy to support multiple ports

When hosting an internal application that listens on multiple ports, one for web and one for services for example, it would be useful to have the ability to configure multiple ports, as even configuring two App Proxy Applications one for each port doesn't work.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow customisation of RADIUS access challenge reply message content for Azure MFA NPS extension

Currently RADIUS access challenge reply message content is set in the code of the NPS extension.

We'd like the ability to customise the reply message for challenge based authentication methods ( e.g. SMS, mobile app verification code etc ).

For example when using mobile app verification code method, the RADIUS access challenge reply message is 'Enter Your Microsoft verification code'.

We'd like the ability to override, this, for branding consistency / ease of use reasons.

As the VPN appliance will take the reply message content and display it to the user as is, we'd like this control.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better View of Raw Data in Log analytics For Quick Issue Tracking and Fix

We are in the process of Migrating to Log analyzer.
    One of the cool features of our current tool which really helps us in tracking the issues, as we navigate through thousands of error lines, is the view where raw data corresponding to timestamp is word-wrapped based on screen width. This word-wrapping helps to quickly visualize the information in the raw data as we navigate through thousands of lines and this plays a critical role in quickly troubleshooting and resolving issues. Unfortunately in log analyzer, the word-wrap is not happening at screen width level and this results in a scroll bar getting build and we need…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save custom PowerShell scripts in the Run Command option of VMs

Within the Run Command option for virtual machines we have a few Powershell scripts the we run often against Windows servers. The option to save these custom scripts would be very useful as it would make them available to other members of the team who access the portal and have to run the same scripts.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support Linux/MacOS/Android VPN client connexion to Azure VPN P2S OpenVPN protocol with Azure Active Directory authentication

At the moment the only way to connect to Azure VPN P2S OpenVPN protocol with Azure Active Directory authentication is with Azure VPN Client on Windows 10.
    Please create a Linux / Mac/ Android client OR any other action that as result gives user the availability to connect from OS other than Windows 10

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it easier for nonprofit to renew sponsorship and see how to do this

As a nonprofit approaches the end of a year's sponsorship we receive an email warning that the sponsorship will end and be converted to pay as you go. This is alarming for small charities as we do not have the funds to continue operating on this basis and sponsorship is an essential (and very welcome) offering by Microsoft.

However, the route to renewing sponsorship each year is tortuous, poorly documented, and left to the last minute. It would be preferable if there was a seamless path from within the Azure Billing and Subscriptions->Sponsorship page in the portal to be alerted…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Invoice-pdf in email for azure marketplace and reservations

I get my invoices for azure subscriptions via e-mail (attached pdf). My invoices for azure marketplace and reservations can only be downloaded in the portal. I would like to get those invoices as attached pdf in an email as well. Thanks!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. deny guest users to list all membership users

A guest user when accept the invitation goes to a "myApp" page in which can see all tenant users (other guests included).
    I want to deny this possibility (also for GDPR)

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to limit access to Azure storage blob for custom error page

When you create a custom error page in Application Gateway, the storage blob stored the error page file needs to be accessible publicly now.
    It would be nice to be able to limit access to the storage blob so that we can make sure our data is secure.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outstanding Payment

Need Payment history and total outstanding per subscription.

As a subscriber I can only see invoices at azure, but there is no payment history which tells me how and when azure has captured this payment.

It is our legal right to see the payments captured by AZURE. Tomorrow AZURE go and capture another payment from my card how I will reconcile which payment is for what.

If you are taking payment then you must show somewhere that we have captured this payment via this way against this invoice or for this purpose.

Also there is no way I can see…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base