(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. deny guest users to list all membership users

A guest user when accept the invitation goes to a "myApp" page in which can see all tenant users (other guests included).
    I want to deny this possibility (also for GDPR)

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to limit access to Azure storage blob for custom error page

When you create a custom error page in Application Gateway, the storage blob stored the error page file needs to be accessible publicly now.
    It would be nice to be able to limit access to the storage blob so that we can make sure our data is secure.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outstanding Payment

Need Payment history and total outstanding per subscription.

As a subscriber I can only see invoices at azure, but there is no payment history which tells me how and when azure has captured this payment.

It is our legal right to see the payments captured by AZURE. Tomorrow AZURE go and capture another payment from my card how I will reconcile which payment is for what.

If you are taking payment then you must show somewhere that we have captured this payment via this way against this invoice or for this purpose.

Also there is no way I can see…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement Password Writeback healthy support through MPN Portal

I would like to inquire about an issue in the CSP portal.
    For an end customer with the Self Service and Password Write Back feature enabled in Azure AD, the correct helathy status is being showed up as working,, this is only being displayed when the tenant is accessed directly through the Azure Portal (portal.azure.com), form the end user perspective.
    If the customer environment is accessed from the partner portal, the same features are being showed as "not working".

This will undoubtedly cause issues for engineers that are trying to essentially fix an issue that is not really broken.
    And…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for renewal of expired subscriptions by customer (expecially free trials)

You should make this process easier or you will likely lose a lot of would be customers. You should offer the ability to renew an expired subscription to a pay as you go plan once the free trial period expires (or really I think for any expired subscription). I was shocked to find that because I got busy the day my plan expired I had to contact support to get it renewed the next day (which they responded in 12 hours and had it renewed for me, which is great but shouldn't have had to log a support ticket for…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Privileged Identity Management (PIM) - Start and End Time in PIM email to be in local time not UTC

Require new feature to customize the time from UTC to local time in the PIM email.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding certification authorities allowed by Front Door

Front Door requires the use of a certificate using the CAs published on the document below.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/frontdoor/front-door-troubleshoot-allowed-ca

We want to make available certificates issued by CAs that are not listed. e.g. 'Security Communication RootCA1', 'Security Communication RootCA2'. Please consider.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Using a system assigned managed identity to connect to Azure AD

Using a system assigned managed identity to connect to Azure AD corresponding to the way it is also possible for Azure Resources with Add-AzAccount -identity.

It would be useful for the assignment of Azure AD groups to Azure resources in an automated way.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Get more information in Microsoft Authenticator notifications

Using MFA with Microsoft Authenticator, we can only see the username. It woulde be useful get also the application and the devices that is requesting the approval. It is difficult to determine if it is right when multiples applications are in use (Outlook, OneDrive, Skype...)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Migration of Azure CSP subscriptions to EA tenants

It's relatively straightforward to migrate an Azure EA subscription into CSP, but not in the opposite direction.

There's a workaround available to move CSP subscriptions out into EA tenants (by using a separate PAYG subscription as a temporary staging area), but it has issues and is not commonly documented.

Please refine, formalise and publish the process.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. B2C Availability checks in real time

Currently, there is no way to track B2C availability on real time. i.e: When the MFA service is down and it generates SMS codes delay. I know that for such scenario we would need to rely on https://status.azure.com page, however, that does not provide real time outages as most of the time the outages are published when resolved. Please add a B2C capability to have availability checks to integrate with our Application Tests.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Public licenses dependency Web page

Currently, there is no place to find license dependencies. This is crucial to being able to assign licenses correctly without the need to contact support where there is an internal site with this information.

This will enhance Customer knowledge and reduce Support cases.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. EA: Managing subscriptions operations by multiple users, not by single account owner

This is regarding Azure account & subscription management in Enterprise Agreement
    There is a scenario where the account owner is not available for considerable long time due to his/her sick/vacation leave or long biz trip for example, which cause subscriptions operations downtime.
    To avoid that, we should be able to have multiple users for such subscriptions operations.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Event Grid RBAC support for topic/domain operations

Please provide support for RBAC authentication for Event Grid topic and domain operations. This is since it is currently available just for subscription related operations. One should be able to authenticate applications with RBAC to create topics, publish events to topics, etc. Thank you!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invoice-pdf in email for azure marketplace and reservations

I get my invoices for azure subscriptions via e-mail (attached pdf). My invoices for azure marketplace and reservations can only be downloaded in the portal. I would like to get those invoices as attached pdf in an email as well. Thanks!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Authentication tenant restriction - Permit authentication only in our own tenant and permit access to other tenants only as guests

When we did all the tests to implement the tenant restrictions, we only put our domains in the "Restrict-Access-To-Tenants" proxy header and we were able to access other tenants as guests.

Now, if the destination tenants are not in the list, our users that are guests in another tenant cannot access resources outside. It’s impossible for us to manage one list of all the tenants where our 6000 users could become guests.

We would like to authorize the connection to other tenants as guests if the authentication is done in our tenant.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add billing alerts for Sponsorship subscriptions.

Please add billing alerts for Sponsorship subscriptions.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add manual and auto shutdown to Azure Container Service

Would be great to be able to shutdown all compute within an ACS cluster, both manually in the portal, and via an auto shutdown schedule. As it is currently you have to manually shut down the master VM and the VM Scale Sets.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base