(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Windows Server 2016 Core available

Not every role is available in Nano. I don't need full GUI for domain controllers for example, but can't deploy on Nano.

Perhaps other roles are coming in Nano, but in the meantime make core available, as it is for Windows 2012.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Moving countries shouldn't mean creating a new account

I recently moved from Belgium to the Netherlands. I changed banks and therefore credit cards at the same time.
    To be able to use my NL credit card I have to close my existing Azure account and create a new one with a different email address just so I can use my NL card. Short sighted. Inefficient. Unfriendly to non-US based customers who never leave the US.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PIM add support in the Graph API to query Azure resources roles audit logs.

We can query Azure AD roles in PIM for our conformity report but have to log-in to the portal manually for PIM roles on Azure Resource.

Works for PowerBI Admin Roles but not for "Contributor" role in Subscription X.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set TLS 1.2 or 1.3 as default for Azure Automation Account

Currently Azure Automation runbooks start a powershell session that has Its security protocol set to SSL3 and TLS 1.0 by default.

Since there are alot of security risks involved with using TLS 1.0 we would like to have this version set to 1.2 or even 1.3 by default.

Since Okta has disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 per 1st of August 2018 this is also causing errors in Azure Automation runbooks, where we specifically need to specify a later version in each runbook.

PCI DSS 3.2 also prohibits the use of TLS 1.0 after June 30, 2018.
    Source: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Transport_Layer_Protection_Cheat_Sheet

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Docker PaaS

It would be great if I could deploy docker images without having to worry about setting up Docker hosts.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Easy invoice management (especially for many subscriptions)

It would be nice to have one list of all invoices. It is important especially in case where there are many subscriptions within one account.
    And this list should have invoice title on it, now there are only dates.
    Now it is very hard to find invoice using invoice title (using bank statement)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

This is one of the many improvements our development team is hoping to include in future iterations of our product. I can’t guarantee that we have the resources to get this done any time soon, but it definitely should be in the pipeline.

-Adam (Azure Billing Team)

10. CDN

There needs to be a way to apply service tags to Azure CDN. When applying NSGs or firewall rules it would be beneficial to be able to use Service Tags to target the CDNs.

Marc

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add date and date range sorting and filtering to Bing Search API (Web)

Allow API users to sort and filter their searches/results by a minimum/maximum date or a date range when performing Web searches. It would also be a great help if the Bing.WebResult included the date.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Monitor physical hosts in Azure Data Center

We would like to monitor physical host in Azure Data Centers, because we don't have information about health status of physical hosts where located our VMs.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. B2B invitation status

Azure Active Directory B2B account.

Now there isn't possiblity to generate report, if B2B user has activated account or not. It would be good to have feature to list not activated users from administrative perspective. Example when doing acocunt clean up.

There are fields in profile like Source which contain Invited user or Resend invitation button is visible. Those indicates if user hasn't activated invitation.

Or even have automatic removal on directory, if invitation hasn't been approved within X days, B2B account is removed automatically. As if account hasn't been activated, it cannot be used anywhere.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. enterprise portal auditing

The EA portal needs auditing capabilities.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow VNet Peering between ASM and ARM with different subscriptions

Currently, when VNet Peering between virtual network in resource manager model and classic deployment model, the same supscription for the VNets are reqired.
    I hope we can freely configure VNet Peering between ASM and ARM with different subscriptions in the near future.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide azure P2S VPN client for Linux

We need to have azure P2S VPN client for Linux machines, currently it is available only for windows. When managing a large set of VMs running in linux, we prefer using Linux control machine, and we currently don't have option to use P2S VPN setup in li nux. Im sure this feature will help lot of projects in linux taking advantage of Azure migratons

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for renewal of expired subscriptions by customer (expecially free trials)

You should make this process easier or you will likely lose a lot of would be customers. You should offer the ability to renew an expired subscription to a pay as you go plan once the free trial period expires (or really I think for any expired subscription). I was shocked to find that because I got busy the day my plan expired I had to contact support to get it renewed the next day (which they responded in 12 hours and had it renewed for me, which is great but shouldn't have had to log a support ticket for…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base