(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Free/Trial/Entry level offers

Azure is prohibitively expensive for small businesses and new/poor developers.

£150 for 30 days is not long enough to get up and running and to make a viable website/app to cover the costs.

Suggestions:
    -Allow users to use the free credits over 12 or 6 or even 3 months.
    -Or return to your previous offer with free monthly credits for a year.
    -Or offer SSL on the shared plan. (sites without SSL are not an option)

£50-£60/pm for a basic website with custom domain and SSL is ridiculous.

I feel my only option is to abandon Azure and look at…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add date and date range sorting and filtering to Bing Search API (Web)

Allow API users to sort and filter their searches/results by a minimum/maximum date or a date range when performing Web searches. It would also be a great help if the Bing.WebResult included the date.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App Service update history

I would like to know the exact date and time when the Azure platform update was actually performed on Azure Portal.
    I've heard many complaints about not being able to do that.

Many vendors need to report exact date and time to end users.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add description field to NSG Rule

It would be nice to have a way to describe the reason for a given NSG rule.

This would greatly simplify, for instance, bookkeeping for PCI DSS 3.1 item 1.1.6 which demands a business notification for each NSG rule.

Name field allows 80 chars but type description there is just not the right thing. Specially when you need to refer to a given rule while using CLI tools. Huge plus if it appears as a column while listing rules.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Monitor alert: Throttling Health Event's title and cause needs to be more specific rather than word like "UserInitiated"

properties: {

title: This storage account was throttled because it exceeded Azure Storage partition request per second, partition bandwidth, or IP scalability limits.,

details: null,
    currentHealthStatus: Degraded,
    previousHealthStatus: Available,
    type: Downtime,
    cause: UserInitiated
    },

==========================

Storage account throttling can be caused by busy storage partitions on the server side which is not related to customers' usage.

The "UserInitiated" wording in the health event cause would lead to misunderstanding of reaching service limit when customers' traffic is not there yet. Maybe we can change the wording to "ClientInitiated".

More specific alert cause can help both customers and support team to identify…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide Windows Virtual Desktop SSO Capability

Currently, the windows virtual desktop offering does not support SSO. Many of our clients would like this capability to provide a seamless user experience when logging onto the windows virtual desktops. Today users are prompted to enter their credentials twice (one to log into the WVD client, and two to log into their desktop).

Ideally it would be nice to just have to log into the client and be able to leverage SSO to log into the desktops.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. enterprise portal auditing

The EA portal needs auditing capabilities.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Migration of Azure CSP subscriptions to EA tenants

It's relatively straightforward to migrate an Azure EA subscription into CSP, but not in the opposite direction.

There's a workaround available to move CSP subscriptions out into EA tenants (by using a separate PAYG subscription as a temporary staging area), but it has issues and is not commonly documented.

Please refine, formalise and publish the process.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Authenticate to Azure Files from Azure AD joined device

We can use Azure AD DS and AD (in preview) to authenticate users to Azure Files, but only if their device is Azure AD DS joined, or AD joined respectively. I want to be able to do this from Azure AD joined devices.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SQL Server Management Studio - IntelliSense for Azure SQL Datawarehouse

Currently, we can't use IntelliSense for developing Azure SQL Datawarehouse in SQL Server Management Studio or even Visual Studio.
    That's a very basic feature for all developers and should be TOP(1) priority for your development team.
    Current (but not a very good one) workaround is using Visual Studio Code... but even here, there's a bug. IntelliSense only works, if the user has read permissions on EVERY database that is available on that Azure SQL Server.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Roles AssignableScope for root ("/")

Currently Custom roles cannot have an AssignableScope set to root ("/"). Capability must be addded to have all subscriptions federating to a certain Azure AD tenant inherit a custom role. Maybe the AssignableScope parameter must be modified to also accept a tenant id or name for the scope of the role. The global admin of the tenant must be afforded the privilege to create this role.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stricter UD Walk Time Frames

Currently, UD walk's seem to happen at any random time. Which for web app's that are on a single instance can mean downtime during the cold boot phase. These should really be applied out of hours/early morning (time zone dependant on your service plan location) to avoid major disruption. In a particular instance, we had 3 UD walk's within 2 days during normal business hours. I know this can be avoided by scaling the instances but really shouldn't have to be a requirement.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Popout PrimaryResult Page on Kusto.Explorer

Kusto.Explorer already has the ability to popout(float) certain windows, Query Summary, QueryStatus, etc... However, the PrimaryResult tab does not as they are grayed out. Adding this feature would mean you could have more screen space for writing queries and seeing the results.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Modify QnA Maker provisioning process to support selection of an existing App Service Plan instead of a new App Service Plan being created

Provisioning a QnA Maker Service provisions a Public App Service App <yourAppsName>.azurewebsites.net, but you are not given any control over the App Service Plan for which the App Service resides. My first choice would actually be an App Service Plan in our ASE environment, but if that isn’t doable at least let us select one of our existing public App Service plans to host this in.

A 1-1 ratio of App Service Plan to App Service is extremely inefficient.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Instance Metadata Service should support "standard" SKU public IP in the same way as "Basic" SKU

A request to Azure Instance Metadata Service allows me to retrieve from the VM all the network related information (for each NIC):
    - IP address
    - Subnet
    - Public IP associated
    It is a very convenient way to discover from the VM itself which public IP it has without needing an external service.

The problem is that only "Basic" SKU Public IP are supported while we need "Standard" SKU to support Availability Zones or reserved Public IP ranges.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base