Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change App service URL.

For numerous time it has happened that our DevOps guys have created a Azure App Service with incorrect URL.

Which forced us the delete the App Service And re-create.

Is there a way to re-name /update the Web App URL via powershell Azure API or some hidden azure portal feature?

If not then is there any plan to support in future?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add IP ranges to NSG rules by XML or CSV

It would be nice to be able to add numerous IP ranges via .xml or .csv file in the case where a large number need to be added. For example, adding in Azure's public Datacenter IP Ranges for all regions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification hub charges not matching usage

I'm currently subscribed to Azure notification hub basic tier. Back in Oct 2019, I have been charged more than what was expected and investigations showed that the discrepancy between the daily consumption and total consumption behavior is by design and can happen at the beginning/ends of any billing periods. I think the design needs to be improved since the notification hub pricing model is based on pay only for what you use, I don’t think it’s fair for any customer to pay for something which was not consumed however small the discrepancy may be.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [WAF] How to enforce DHE (Diffie-Hellman) to use 2048 bit long safe prime

As mentioned here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-gateway/application-gateway-ssl-policy-overview#known-issue
    DHE ciphers are not supported on Application Gateway and configuring cipher length is not possible at all, however, in order to meet our security team requirement, anyway to support those kind of very specific requirements in future?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Opening Doors Properties

URL:
    https://www.openingdoorsproperties.com
    Main Keyword:
    We Buy Houses Charlotte NC
    Description
    Opening Doors Properties is a real estate investment company that buys houses in the greater Charlotte area. We buy houses in any condition, regardless of price point and no matter what situation you're going through. We buy houses in Charlotte and in all surrounding areas in North and South Carolina. Call us today to get a fair, all cash offer for you house!
    Full Address:
    2443 Seagull Drive
    Denver,North Carolina
    Phone:
    704-966-9797
    Business Email:
    chad@solutionsinvesting.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Spectrum tv on roku

Want to know about Spectrum tv on roku, then read our blogs to get more information regarding this. First You have check whether the Roku device is set up correctly and has been activated via https://sites.google.com/view/www-roku-com-link-activation/. After that, reach the channel store to download the Spectrum TV app. Visit our blogs to get a detailed explanation on this topic

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. describe missing properties REST API

according to this document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/notificationhubs/create-overwrite-installation#see-also

missing describe some properties as in the endpoint "https://{namespace}.servicebus.windows.net/{NotificationHub}/installations/{id}?api-version=2015-01"

what's the id refer to?! not declared!

also, I tried to put it with the subscription id or installation id

alse get in the response

"<Error><Code>400</Code>

&lt;Detail&gt;Installation validation failed with following error(s):&amp;#xD;

One or more characters in device token is not a hexadecimal
    digit...TrackingId:66fcbb91-4b89-4864-95e9-d442ef34c808_G11,TimeStamp:3/5/2020 12:02:37 PM&lt;/Detail&gt;
    &lt;/Error&gt;&quot;

How can I deal with them?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. give better error on Azure Gov container instances without correct base os image

Azure Gov. When i try to run an container instance for an os that isn't supported I get a cryptic error that doesn't yield results when googled. My request is to change the error for failed deployment of a container instace to say something like, "your base os image isn't supported. Please see this link for os images to use for windows. LINK: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-instances/container-instances-faq#what-windows-base-os-images-are-supported&quot;

I'd he happy to provide more information if needed. I wasted a ton of time on this since all the base OS images I tried on regular Azure worked fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Realtor in Cincinnati Ohio

Address
    11260 Chester Rd Suite A
    Cincinnati, OH
    Business phone
    513- 205-7904
    website
    https://realtorincincinnatiohio.com
    Business description
    Whether buying a home or selling a home we can help!
    Realtor in Cincinnati Ohio specializes in helping buyers and sellers with residential and commercial properties in Cincinnati Ohio

No matter which market you're in, you can use the marketing programs and experience of a qualified
    Cincinnati Ohio real estate agent like me to help sell your home quickly and at the right price.
    Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the Cincinnati Ohio real estate market,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. power bi desktop documentation

In the documentation for Power BI Desktop access to Azure Billing at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-azure-cost-management

There is a section about entering either your Billing Profile ID for a Microsoft Customer Agreement or Enrollment Number for Enterprise Agreeements. However, there is nothing explaining those terms, how to determine if you have such an agreement, or how to get onto one.

In my case, I was eligible to be on an MCA, but was not due to when our account was originally created. It took days with support to determine that I was not on the appropriate account type.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Application Insights - Application Map - Fix UI issue

When choosing the time range in the Application Map, the Start Time calendar is hidden by the End Time calendar when both of them are open. This is not user-friendly UI - even if it is meant to be like that.

You can see it in the attached video.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customer Service Needs Significant Improvement

Obtain agents that listen and understand the issue to make sure that the right help is given, instead of wasting everyone's time. This is the fourth attempt to obtain assistance that I've paying Azure for and so far, no one has stepped up to the plate because they fail to do their jobs and it appears that there is no reason for them to help a paying customer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Azure Logic Apps google Analytic connector not exist, I suggest in the near future it will be available

In Azure Logic Apps google Analytic connector not exist, I suggest in the near future it will be available

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow encrypted variables from VSTS in IConfiguration AddAzureKeyVault method arguments

As the title suggests, the values for clientId and clientSecret that get populated in the AddAzureKeyVault method below only work when I put the clientId and clientSecret in plain text in the VSTS Variables section. It doesn't work if I use a Variable Group that pulls those values from key vault, or if I set the values as secrets in the normal Variables section. It says those values are null if they are not in plain text.

var builder = new ConfigurationBuilder()

.AddJsonFile(&quot;appsettings.json&quot;, optional: false, reloadOnChange: false)

.AddEnvironmentVariables();

var configuration = builder.Build();

var azureServiceTokenProvider = new AzureServiceTokenProvider($&quot;RunAs=App;AppId={Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable(&quot;clientId&quot;)};TenantId={Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable(&quot;tenantId&quot;)};AppKey={Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable(&quot;clientSecret&quot;)}&quot;);
    KeyVaultClient = new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Co-existing Azure secured mailboxes (separate companies) on same phone

When a company uses Azure to secure/control a personal phone that is accessing company email, this conflicts with the user's school mailbox or other company mailboxes that use Azure. The result is we have to pick between seeing our work email or our school email when accessing email from our personal phones. When will Azure fix this problem, as it must be affecting MILLIONS of people? It seems there should be the ability to carve out 2 or more co-existing spaces so people can communicate with multiple separate email servers (unrelated ones) from one device!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep infrastructure logs available for deleted assets where a support ticket was filed.

When encountering infrastructural issues in production, sometimes the quickest way to restore availability is to nuke the failing assets from orbit and re-deploy using automated tools.

In these cases, an RCA is still very much appreciated/required, but now can't be supplied due to these assets no longer existing. Saving logs for longer, or making it protocol to (manually?) save any logs when a support ticket is filed would solve this issue.

As an example, we encountered a VMSS where new vms could not be succesfully created and existing ones could not be deleted. This is not behaviour we expect, and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Front Door Activity logs should include portal and management API actions

In the documentation it stated that ‘the operations that you perform by using the Azure portal and the original management API’ are not included in the Activity logs for Front Door Service. Because of this limitation the Front Door Service doesn’t comply with our monitoring standards.

Is it possible to add these operations to the Activity logs? Is there any work in progress on this issue?

See the note at this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/frontdoor/front-door-diagnostics#activity-log

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disallow creating delete locks in the manged resource groups by Databricks in order to prevent delete deadlock.

If a delete lock is added to the managed resource group of Databricks:
    - neither the Databricks workspace can be deleted because of that delete lock,
    - nor the lock can be removed because of the "deny assignment" added by Databricks.

So it ends up in a delete deadlock state.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Storage account diagnostics logs should User principle details

Azure staorage account diagnostic logs doesn't provide user details, this is very much required to response in case any unauthorized access or tampering of data happens.

Scenario: When someone in organation is accessing a sensitive data or user account is compramised, then using the logs alert is detected but doesn't have enough information to block a user or take necessary action, as the user is accessing within office network then only companies Public IP available using which we cannot block access to everyone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base