(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Misleading documentation for Azure Automation Runbook API usage - Parameter as JSON data

The documentation for the Azure Automation API usage regarding using the runbook parameter as JSON data is misleading, not consistent.

The documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/runbook-input-parameters#passing-a-json-object-to-a-runbook is stating:

"It can be useful to store data that you want to pass to a runbook in a JSON file. For example, you might create a JSON file that contains all parameters that you want to pass to a runbook. To do this, you must convert the JSON code to a string and then convert the string to a PowerShell object before passing it to the runbook."

But the documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/runbook-input-parameters#start-a-runbook-by-using-the-rest-api-and-assign-parameters is stating that "any valid…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. my plesk panel no root permission denied ssh

my wm linux or ubuntu none of them work no pasword root ?

I linux plesk panel install we did but do not use no pasword nu username
    ım undestand my account ssh cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow no permission denied

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow organizations who integration their environments to office 365 the ability to restrict access to a domain

Hi:

We needed a branding solution to our product, where we are looking to provide SAML access to the company portal where they can access office 365 apps and our own.

As most companies have built insecurity to their network that allow remote workers access based on VPN or something similar, the employee could still access the online Microsoft applications via SAML without access sour company portal.

Even with access restricted by IP or other conditions, can another condition be placed to force access to:

Example: user = george.smith@lap.com (a user within lap.com who is setup in Azure)

Company lap.com…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Asure Data Studio (Mac & Windows) - Jupyter Books (TAB) does nothing for me?

ADS is super! but,

JUPYTER BOOKS (TAB) does nothing! What I expected:

• Within a Workspace I like to have the list of Books that are there;

• When I use the ... to create a Book I expect the saved book to be in the "SAVED BOOKS" list and the unsaved on the other list;

• I do expect to have a way to organize the books in a logical (at least to me) way so I see the relationship of the Books to the Workspace common theme... an hands down easy to prepare TOC will definitively help that I guess I…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add email alert to the user owner and customize the alert message when reaching the threshold value of ADFS lockout

Add email alert to the user owner and customize the alert message when reaching the threshold value of ADFS lockout

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Roto-Rooter

Website
    https://www.beaumontrotorooter.com
    Keywords
    plumber, plumbing, drain cleaning
    Description
    Roto-Rooter Plumbing, Sewer, and Drain Service provides plumbing repairs and maintenance in Jefferson, Hardin, Newton, Sabine, and Orange counties, as well as clogged drain cleaning. With residential and commercial plumbing services that customers can count on, Roto-Rooter is trusted for all your local plumbing needs.
    Owner Name
    Brian Bristol
    Address
    PO Box 5412
    Beaumont, TX
    Phone
    409-832-7363
    Business Email
    help@beaumontrotorooter.com
    Year Found 2018
    Social Media Links
    http://facebook.com/RotoRooterBeaumontTX/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Trillium Laser Anti-Aging Clinic

Address:
    1077 N Service Rd #15
    Mississauga, ON
    L4Y 1A6
    Canada

Phone:
    (905) 891-9300

https://trilliumlaser.com

keywords:
    Skin care clinic, medical esthetic services, Health services, Skin care services in Mississauga, medical health services on, laser hair removal near me

Description:
    At Trillium Laser Anti-Aging Clinic we believe that a holistic approach to health and wellbeing is truly the secret to a balanced lifestyle. When we feel good we look good. We understand first-hand the transformative power and life-changing results that great esthetic procedures and balanced nutrition can offer. Since 1999, Trillium Laser Anti-Aging Clinic is proud to offer you exemplary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Indianapolis Grease Trap Services

Website
    https://www.greasetrapindianapolis.com/
    Kaywords
    Grease Trap Installation, Grease Trap Cleaning, Grease Trap Pumping, Grease Interceptor Cleaning, Grease Interceptor Pumping
    Description
    Indianapolis Grease Trap Services takes care of all your grease trap pumping and cleaning needs. We are centrally located in Indianapolis, Indiana and service about a 20 mile radius. We are a full-service pumping and cleaning company for grease traps.
    Owner Name
    Carlo Reyes
    Address
    961 W 29th St
    Indianapolis, IN
    Phone
    317-548-1925
    Business Email
    carloz2905@gmail.com
    Year Found 2014
    Number of Employee 9
    Operating Hours
    Monday - Friday 5:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Sat & Sun 5 AM - 6…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Functions Syntax

Azure Functions supports scheduling with "Chron" syntax. Except Chron syntax supports "L" for Last day of the month - but it causes an error with Functions.

It would be nice if the syntax were implemented completely. It's probably a small job.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow linking to on-prem database that's on the same firewall on Azure

Basically, let people link any on-prem database from an Azure SQL database. At least allow it if both are under the same firewall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Salvage Now

Website URL
    http://www.salvagenow.com/
    Keywords
    sell salvaged vehicles, Real-Time Online Vehicle Auction, salvage my car now, salvage auction, salvaged cars for sale
    Description short
    READY TO BUY OR SELL SALVAGE VEHICLES? Welcome To Our Real-Time Online Vehicle Auction!
    Business owner name
    Salvage Now
    Address
    55 SE 2nd Avenue
    Delray Beach,FL
    Phone
    561-392-6266
    Social Media Links
    https://www.facebook.com/salvagenow/

https://twitter.com/salvage_now

https://www.instagram.com/salvagenow/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. send client notifications prior to making changes that impact their service and uptime!

Service was up and in use for almost 6 months and then suddenly all of our VPNs went down. Contacted support to find out we had setup an 'unsupported configuration' (which should never be allowed to begin with). We were not told it was unsupported until it was disabled and all VPN connectivity went down, impacting our clients and uptime. Please do not allow 'unsupported configurations' and if you find that they are setup please notify the client for remediation prior to disabling!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable download of invoices for enterprise accounts

Enable download of invoices from either EA portal or Azure portal for enterprise accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. azure-documentdb-rx

i don't see much activity on azure-documentdb-rx. Can i expect a release version for azure-documentdb-rx or it will be depreciated? Quick response is much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Storage Firewall block log/alert

Currently, for Storage (PaaS) Firewall issues there is no direct way to troubleshoot port blocking issue etc without any help from Storage engineer. Providing logs/alerts will greatly help the troubleshooting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure MFA Server on Prem - Show phone extension no matter what method is selected

If any other method besides phone call is selected in the user portal as the primary method, users are not presented with an extension number entry field. This means that if a user wants to have multiple options for account recovery and wishes to change a phone number, they would be required to select phone call as their primary method, change the phone number and then remember to go back and change their method to the desired primary method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Security extensions on AzureGov

If Microsoft enables Antivirus, IDS/IPS extensions and other extensions on AzureGov, it will be very useful for customers to achieve CJIS compliance. Since most of the cjis items have shared responsibility, it is very essential to have security extensions on AzureGov.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Seamless Gutters Lafayette

Address
    2671 Speedwell Ln
    Lafayette, IN
    Phone
    (812) 546-1100

Url
    https://indianagutters.org/
    Hours
    Sunday Closed
    Monday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Tuesday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Wednesday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Thursday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Friday 9:00 AM–7:00 PM
    Saturday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM

Description
    Welcome to West Central Indiana Gutters. We're proud to be serving Lafayette, IN and the surrounding areas with high-quality gutter installation, maintenance, and cleaning services.
    Your gutters are the first line of defense that your home has against the elements – and they are critical for protecting the integrity of your walls and your roof, and avoiding costly repairs and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Vertical scaling without reboot

The ability to scale vm up or down without rebooting, pause and update system is better that rebooting a db or worker in the middle of an operation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. what happens to my data when I die?

I am 92 years old and could depart thin world at any moment

1 vote
    Vote