(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable to add NSG with Subnet during VNet Creation

Please allow to provision NSG in Subnet during VNet Creation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rule name change suggestion in MS SQL VA tool

I would suggest to change the "VA1020 - Server principal GUEST should not be a member of any role" rule name to "VA1020 - Database principal GUEST should not be a member of any role" till guest user isn't a Server but a Database principal as I think.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure needs to accept our re-loadable prepaid Visa cards, our customers need Azure products

kindly
    we need to make our visa cards to be accepted by Aure subscription and products
    notes that our card is the first Visa cards in Iraq
    and it is reloadable
    and Azure products meet our customers' needs

let me know if there any farther information you need
    Thanx in advance

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow to bill a purchase of Azure-AD P2 licenses against the funds of existing subscriptions, so, that customers do not have to start a new

Moin Moin.

Right now it os not possible to bill Azure-AD P2 licenses against the funds of an existing subscription.

So a new fund (credit-card) has to be supplied and agreed upon b the Head of Department/Boss, which does take time and convincing-power/prowess.
    But the Head of might be deciding against it, even if there are enough funds already allotted.
    This could be cut short by just allowing to bill the costs of P2-services aginst the existing funds of a set of namable subscriptions.
    Tschüß,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inability to transfer Azure CSP subscriptions between partners in Azure Plan

This problem is impacting the customer's dissatisfaction because he wants to change partners and is not being possible since he asked for the exchange in March.

The client and the partner should not have the cost or the impact of an unnecessary migration as it was previously possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Priviliged Identity Management within Azure AD B2C

Accounts used by our clients on one of our applications are exclusively situated in an Azure B2C directory, seperate from our primary business Azure AD Domain.

While we can audit and control when service desk users elevate privileges with PIM, we cannot do this when dealing with the B2C directory.

To put it simply, we need a way to administer the B2C directory either through PIM being available to accounts in B2C or to have roles from one directory able to filter down to the B2C directory created within

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple container Instance through Azure portal

We do have only single container instance creation option through azure portal where as some customer are looking for multiple ACI creation through azure portal. May when we can expect this feature

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Price calculator is missing low priority/spot prices for basic VMs

Both VM and VMSS has the "Basic" tier of prices but this price is only for on demand pricing. while i can use the basic vm sizes (basic_a0-4) as low priority capacity i can't find their price in the calculator

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Connect my Azure desktop like VMware VDI through VPN

Regards, If I have a VPN from my corporate network to my Azure environment, would I be able to start a virtual desktop directly from the Azure environment? NOT VIA RDP, but like any virtualization software that does today. e.g. VMware VDI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Preliminary validation of functional supported region

If I deploy some preview features in unsupported region, I will be able to deploy with fail. I hope Portal or Powershell notice me in advance whether the region is supported or not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure MFA Server on Prem - Show phone extension no matter what method is selected

If any other method besides phone call is selected in the user portal as the primary method, users are not presented with an extension number entry field. This means that if a user wants to have multiple options for account recovery and wishes to change a phone number, they would be required to select phone call as their primary method, change the phone number and then remember to go back and change their method to the desired primary method.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PostgreSQL: Ability to customize log_line_prefix for Azure PostgreSQL

Customer's current configuration in their environment and it’s been helpful to help tracing, troubleshooting and reporting.

loglineprefix = '%m:%r:%a:%u@%d:[%p]: ' # special values:

#   %a = application name

# %u = user name

# %d = database name

# %r = remote host and port

# %h = remote host

# %p = process ID

# %t = timestamp without milliseconds

# %m = timestamp with milliseconds

# %n = timestamp with milliseconds (as a Unix epoch)

# %i = command tag

# %e = SQL state

# %c = session ID

# %l = session line number

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. That you put in a chat option for Microsoft Account issues

There are chat options for Azure and all products but one, the one that provides single sign-on between all services, Microsoft Account.

I had an issue that was not resolved by any of the knowledge base articles, I tried to access chat to talk with someone but there was no way to do so. Eventually I ended up in Azure pre-sales. They couldn't help me but did provide some better links than the "Chat Assistant" ever did over the 20 minutes I tried to fight with that thing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Cognitive Services OCR 2.0 performance to equal the OCR Demo

OCR API 2.0 Sample Code is not as comprehensive, nor accurate as running the OCR Demo on the exact same image. (Tried many!)

It is clear there are differences. The two return different dimensions (corners vs corner, width, height). No Cognitive Services documentation indicates what these differences are.

I suggest the differences should be stated or, better yet, the Sample Code be upgraded to replicate the performance of the Demo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clarify 'Offer details' page for nonprofit donations to provide detail regarding which services are exempt

I suggest that the 'offer details' page (for Azure credits for non-profit organisations) should have a listing, or a link to a listing elsewhere, describing exactly which products and services are excluded. The general explanation is not clear enough.

After opening a support case, I now understand that Azure Information Protection Premium P2 is one of the products excluded from the sponsorship offer for non-profit organisations. However, as a Microsoft Partner, I did not understand that when I first read the offer details page (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/offers/ms-azr-0036p/) and recommended this as a solution to our nonprofit customer who wanted to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix hot fix patches that disable the environment

Hot fix patches that cause 36 hour outages make this an un-viable solution for my team and my client.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please help get these people out of my life you know the build that REgions built and paid for through my money You are not in the guidelins

Someone needs to help the innocent when they do a build from Azure to remote control you you are not within Microsoft code of ethics Please help You know the one that was paid for by Regions Bank 1st check for 75,000 and then 10,000 and then my investment money ran through Regions Morgan Keegan Teust as well

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure give Groupname as Object_id/ opaque in SAML response

Azure give GroupName as Objectid/ Opaque in SAML response. Is there any possiblity we will get proper displayName of Groupname as provided by Okta. Is there any documentation available by Azure that mention Groupname only display as objectid..

For example '1b467086-0685-460b-bf46-2b15b4752efc'

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Document resource owner password credential grant (ROPC)

AAD supports Resource Owner Password Credential grant (ROPC) behind the scenes, however, its not documented in the AAD OAUTH2 manual.

In certain use cases, there is no obvious OAUTH2 grant flow and ROPC might become the solution. In such situations, its better that Microsoft documents it, how to properly use it in a somewhat secure manner, and when to absolutely not use it, rather than to let people shoot themselves in the foot with an undocumented feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base