(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• or
  1. why can't I delete the active directory

I deleted all items in the account but am left with the one active directory that will not delete. I'm trying to clean it up, so that I can rebuild but it will not allow me to delete the active directory "test".

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting API to get Risk sign-ins in Azure AD

i get signin and audit Events from AzureAD(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-reporting-api-sign-in-activity-samples).But i need to get risk sign-ins.is there any API available to get this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure MFA

I would love to be able to use Azure MFA with ADFS 2016 with external idp. It seems like the only supported way to get MFA is to use Active Directory claims provider trust?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please support the use of Azure Public Logic Apps and an on-premise data gateway registered by a GCC-Mid (L2) Azure Active Directory tenant

We are a government customer with a GCC-Mid (L2) Azure Active Directory tenant. That means that it is a GCC tenant that runs on Azure Public infrastructure so that it can provide identity services to Office 365 GCC. We have our Azure Public subscriptions linked to that tenant within https://portal.azure.com/. Everything works fine EXCEPT being able to register an on-premise data gateway within our tenant and allowing our Logic Apps in Azure Public to connect to that on-premise data gateway. This is because the gateway is registered in an Azure Government region so that Power BI GCC…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Bangladesh in Windows Azure country list

Bangladesh should be included in windows azure country list .

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add better support for Azure Front Door w/Active Directory

I have public-facing websites, and each of those has active directory staging slots. When using Front Door, you have to use HTTP probing to route to and from FD to Web App (not HTTPS) and you have to use custom domain names on the app service then leave the FD backdoor host header blank.

This seems like a nuance that should at least be documented.

Alternatively, Application Gateway support response rewriting, I think if FD offered this it could also solve my problem in a more elegant manner.

Either way, I have to assume it common to use Front Door…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure Policy built-in Azure Security Baseline should not require use of legacy methods for collecting Activity Logs

Azure Policy built-in Azure Security Baseline should not require use of legacy methods for collecting Activity Logs

The built-in policy definitions are:
    - "Azure Monitor log profile should collect logs for categories 'write,' 'delete,' and 'action'"
    - "Azure Monitor should collect activity logs from all regions"

These policies refer to Log Profiles, which have been deprecated in favour of diagnostic settings. We are collecting subscription Activity Logs with diagnostic settings but still getting failures on the Security Baseline.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Account Admin should always be a Global Admin in a domain's active directory

We recently went through the process of transitioning our domain subscriptions to our admin assistant by making her our Account Admin.

This was made more difficult because the Account Admin is not automatically added to the active directory of the domain when the domain is transferred to them.

Steps are:
    (1) log on as DevUser and create a domain on Azure
    (2) as DevUser set up a subscription
    (3) as DevUser transfer subscription to another user AdminUser (change the Account Admin for the subscription to that user).
    (4) as AdminUser, transfer Service Admin back to original user DevUser.
    (5) as…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Users with Azure AD password writeback should be prompted for password reset

If password writeback is enabled for a user with Azure AD Premium, resetting their password should force the user to reset their password in local Active Directory, or on Windows if it is connected to Azure AD.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Bosnia and Herzegovina to the list of supported countries

Currently it is not possible to buy any product from the Windows Azure family, not even the free ones from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please add Bosnia to the list of supported countries.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Azure Active Directory Domain Services more affordable

I am building solutions using Azure VDI, but the AADDS component required is too expensive for small teams. For example, I built a VDI for a customer who only employ 4 people. The virtual machine used to deliver the VDI costs just 50 GBP per month (reserved instance), but the AADDS component required for authentication costs 90GBP per month! For small businesses this is not feasible and makes selling VDI solutions very difficult.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What Is Microsoft Azure Really?

I'm still not 100% on what Azure can do for me. I'm at a company with 200+ users with all the regular servers that a company that size has: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, 3 or 4 File Servers, a main SQL Server, but not email (we use G-Suite) or website (AWS). Can I actually move all my servers into Azure and keep drive maps and all Active Directory stuff going as long as I have internet access for all my users? Would I still have to run backups so I can restore files sometimes?https://openweb.vip/whatsapp-web/ https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a single shared "Access to Azure Active Directory" subscription per tenant

Now that Azure AD is being brought into the modern panel, there should be a single Subscription per tenant. This would be much better than having the offer code that creates a separate 'access' subscription for when a new admin needs to manage Azure AD. This would also allow for sharing of custom dashboards.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Madagascar to supported country list

I have initiate a learning path with Azure but when arrived at creating an azure account I can't continue anymore because my country(Madagascar) is not listed in supported country. Can you please add it to the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure Data Factory Stored Procedure Activity's database linked service not connecting to customized azure integration runtime

We are trying to connect to the azure sql SSISDB from azure data factory.

We have the following configuration -

A customized integration runtime attached to a vnet with two public static ips and the azure sql db which we are trying to access is also attached to the same vnet.

We ran an Execute SSIS Package activity which connects to azure sql and it ran successfully. Now that we want to use Stored Procedure activity to execute a sproc on the azure sql ssis db and for that we are trying to create a linked service for the database…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow multiple directories in Azure to also be used with Office 365 for licensing so

Allow multiple AAD directories in Azure to also be used with Office 365 for licensing so separate AD forests can be synced to separate AAD with separate security and be shared licensing. Would provide amazing results for clients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services..

Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services... LA marketing team swept by in 2016 and there are new tax laws and policies are in place. A new Government with Office 365 subbscription too

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add more countries to VM BYOL availability for CSP mode

We are facing an Azure datacenter consolidation project blocker because third party BYOL VM images are not available in somes countries (CSP provider is Lebanon in our case). this is limiting our Azure sale oportunity under CSP comparing to Open & EA since the latter are country independent.

See the 3. sell-to country supported by the Azure Marketplace of the link below
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/marketplace/participation-policies/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix how SQL MI 'Directory readers' membership is validated by Azure portal

While setting the SQL Managed Instance Azure AD admin group, Azure portal lists the membership of 'Directory Readers' and check if SQL MI is included on it.
    When above role has more than 1000 members, the validation does not pass as it's not returned by the first 1000 entries, hence it always say that permissions were not granted yet (which is not accurate)

We need you to replace above logic to look for the SQL MI SPN membership instead, and see if it's a member of above role

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Front Door Activity logs should include portal and management API actions

In the documentation it stated that ‘the operations that you perform by using the Azure portal and the original management API’ are not included in the Activity logs for Front Door Service. Because of this limitation the Front Door Service doesn’t comply with our monitoring standards.

Is it possible to add these operations to the Activity logs? Is there any work in progress on this issue?

See the note at this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/frontdoor/front-door-diagnostics#activity-log

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories