(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using a system assigned managed identity to connect to Azure AD

Using a system assigned managed identity to connect to Azure AD corresponding to the way it is also possible for Azure Resources with Add-AzAccount -identity.

It would be useful for the assignment of Azure AD groups to Azure resources in an automated way.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure VPN with Azure MFA should require two-factor authentication every time it connects

We are using Azure VPN client with Azure MFA, and the client requires the second factor (code via SMS) only when the user connects for the first time. After that, every time we click on the VPN icon, the VPN client connects automatically, ignoring the MFA requirement, even if we log off the user or turn off the PC. It seems that, after the first authentication with MFA, the client turns into a "one-factor authentication" access, requiring only userid and password. If someone obtains the Windows credentials for a user, an attacker with access to the laptop can connect remotely…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for renewal of expired subscriptions by customer (expecially free trials)

You should make this process easier or you will likely lose a lot of would be customers. You should offer the ability to renew an expired subscription to a pay as you go plan once the free trial period expires (or really I think for any expired subscription). I was shocked to find that because I got busy the day my plan expired I had to contact support to get it renewed the next day (which they responded in 12 hours and had it renewed for me, which is great but shouldn't have had to log a support ticket for…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Privileged Identity Management (PIM) - Start and End Time in PIM email to be in local time not UTC

Require new feature to customize the time from UTC to local time in the PIM email.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. EA: Managing subscriptions operations by multiple users, not by single account owner

This is regarding Azure account & subscription management in Enterprise Agreement
    There is a scenario where the account owner is not available for considerable long time due to his/her sick/vacation leave or long biz trip for example, which cause subscriptions operations downtime.
    To avoid that, we should be able to have multiple users for such subscriptions operations.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Authentication tenant restriction - Permit authentication only in our own tenant and permit access to other tenants only as guests

When we did all the tests to implement the tenant restrictions, we only put our domains in the "Restrict-Access-To-Tenants" proxy header and we were able to access other tenants as guests.

Now, if the destination tenants are not in the list, our users that are guests in another tenant cannot access resources outside. It’s impossible for us to manage one list of all the tenants where our 6000 users could become guests.

We would like to authorize the connection to other tenants as guests if the authentication is done in our tenant.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AADSTS50126: "Invalid username or password" returned even when the password is valid

While trying to log in to Microsoft 365 with OAuth2, some customers are getting this error code, although the username and password is indeed correct.

This is because this error code appears to be returned for another error situation which is not related to the password that the user entered.

No matter the actual cause of the error, it is crucially important to properly pinpoint the actual cause of the error, so that the software can respond correctly. Different error cases need different responses from the software.

From the client software side, the perspective of a client software developer, we…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. B2C Availability checks in real time

Currently, there is no way to track B2C availability on real time. i.e: When the MFA service is down and it generates SMS codes delay. I know that for such scenario we would need to rely on https://status.azure.com page, however, that does not provide real time outages as most of the time the outages are published when resolved. Please add a B2C capability to have availability checks to integrate with our Application Tests.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Public licenses dependency Web page

Currently, there is no place to find license dependencies. This is crucial to being able to assign licenses correctly without the need to contact support where there is an internal site with this information.

This will enhance Customer knowledge and reduce Support cases.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add manual and auto shutdown to Azure Container Service

Would be great to be able to shutdown all compute within an ACS cluster, both manually in the portal, and via an auto shutdown schedule. As it is currently you have to manually shut down the master VM and the VM Scale Sets.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the "created by" and "created on" metadata to Azure objects

It would be helpful for each object in Azure to have the account that created the object and the date/time of the creation imbedded in the metadata for the object. This would avoid the current method of having to get that information from the Activity Log and store it somewhere else that is more permanent.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Free/Trial/Entry level offers

Azure is prohibitively expensive for small businesses and new/poor developers.

£150 for 30 days is not long enough to get up and running and to make a viable website/app to cover the costs.

Suggestions:
    -Allow users to use the free credits over 12 or 6 or even 3 months.
    -Or return to your previous offer with free monthly credits for a year.
    -Or offer SSL on the shared plan. (sites without SSL are not an option)

£50-£60/pm for a basic website with custom domain and SSL is ridiculous.

I feel my only option is to abandon Azure and look at…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add date and date range sorting and filtering to Bing Search API (Web)

Allow API users to sort and filter their searches/results by a minimum/maximum date or a date range when performing Web searches. It would also be a great help if the Bing.WebResult included the date.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. App Service update history

I would like to know the exact date and time when the Azure platform update was actually performed on Azure Portal.
    I've heard many complaints about not being able to do that.

Many vendors need to report exact date and time to end users.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide Windows Virtual Desktop SSO Capability

Currently, the windows virtual desktop offering does not support SSO. Many of our clients would like this capability to provide a seamless user experience when logging onto the windows virtual desktops. Today users are prompted to enter their credentials twice (one to log into the WVD client, and two to log into their desktop).

Ideally it would be nice to just have to log into the client and be able to leverage SSO to log into the desktops.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enterprise portal auditing

The EA portal needs auditing capabilities.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories