(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure team is very poor and could not access my account, Please thing that those who are using own laptop for company use what they will do

Azure team is very poor and could not access my account, Please thing that those who are using own laptop for company use what they will do

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Programatic access to SAML Assertions from Azure AD via API

Please add the ability to retrieve SAML assertions from Azure AD via API so that Azure AD can be used as an IdP for programmatic use cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve Technical Support for Free Azure Subscriptions

Rigth now it is not possible to create a Request service to a Free Azure subscription, Can you change this policy?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. XSDs for Microsoft Azure Management API model classes.

Could you please plan to build XSDs for Microsoft Azure Management API model classes so that we can use them directly for generating classes and can be used latter for assigning REST API response to those classes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make clearer the charges applied to Outbound Data Transfer for Web sites

On the Websites Pricing Details page http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/websites/, Outbound Data Transfer is marked as Unlimited for Shared, Basic, and Standard tiers.

Generally, the term “Unlimited” means it is included in the price paid for the service.

However, as I have been told by Microsoft Customer services, we will be charged for any outbound data usage over 5 GB as per Data Transfers Pricing Details http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/data-transfers/

The only note about that is the number 4 on Websites Pricing Details saying “For monetary credit offers, outbound data transfer will be charged at the 5 GB – 10 TB tier. Please refer to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Feature

option to view HD Insight Quota is not available on portal and through Azure CLI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve the Azure sign-in process

Sign-in (portal.azure.com or Storage explorer or any other place where Microsoft credentials are required) is cumbersome.
    What I mean is this - if you are not allowed to be signed it all the time (remembered via browser cookies) due to security considerations and you have several accounts, all of which are connected to 10+ AAD tenants, and at least half require two-factor sign-in, login times take forever. If I log into certain apps which try to list all my tenants before I am even able to tell the application which explicit ones I want to connect to (like Storage Explorer)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autopilot needs to check to see if record exists in AAD and create if it doesn't.

Autopilot needs to check to see if record exists in AAD and create if it doesn't.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Figure out why

Fix the BizSpark process so the BizSpark team actually responds to an applicant instead of completely ignoring them after an application has been submitted. In our case it has been four months since we submitted our application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. scale set image

Azure Cli does not support rolling upgrade for custom images:

az vmss rolling-upgrade start --name vmssName --resource-group resourceGroup

Error: The OS Rolling Upgrade API cannot be used on a VM Scale Set unless the VM Scale Set is using a Platform Image select the OS by setting imageReference.

We are not able to automate rolling upgrade with our custom images.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create more content for Azure training

Feel that you guys need to work on your documentation part. Also will prefer for more learning videos. I watch Azure Friday but more videos on services, best practices are welcome. It will help us

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure ARS Service - provide flat file restore of SYSVOL folder in case of authoritative restore

Azure ARS is unable to replicate a domain controller without virtualization protection mechanisms causing issues with SYSVOL share. Easy fix to toggle BURFLAG and perform authoritative restore, however, an accessible flat file backup of SYSVOL folder would be a valuable thing to have.
    Yes. Best practice would be to have an always replicating domain controller, however, we are talking about DR. There are instances whereby you would want to replicate to dedicated / sandboxed Azure subscription [thus flat file backup of SYSVOL would be valuable from within Azure ARS service portal].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add a mnemonic name to randomly named services like DB server names and CDN endpoints

Some services such as SQL Azure assign random names to items, such as "h0udio7h9b" for a DB server name, "az238612" to a CDN Endpoint.

While I understand the need for unique names, when managing a lot of such resources it's both tedious and error prone to not be able to refer to them by a more mnemonic name like "QA database".

Making a distinction between the physical endpoint identifier (gibberish) and the human name (user settable and shouldn't even need to be unique at all) would be very helpful for folks managing large accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate Password for Email and Azure

some time we need a somebody help me and Test Clound

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a tool to remove the Azure Active Directory from the Server 2019 Image or Upon setting up the new VM place a notice beside the option

When the image of Server 2019 is linked to Azure AD during the initial setup and created the user doesn't have the ability to unlink the Azure AD if they decide to change to Azure Active Directory Services (Domain Controller) because of registry entries on the VM. Create a tool to remove the registry references to free the VM from the Azure AD or on the page during setup of the VM add a message if the user selects to utilize the Azure AD that the option is not able to be reversed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WHOA! Way too confusing if you're just here looking to evaluate backup alone.

Make a KISS path for those who were referred here by Windows 2012 Server backup. Overwhelmed with choice and other options, and faced with limited research time to allocate to this particular option, gave up and left.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. credentials problem

I had to make changes with my Azure from MSDN to Pay as You Go

Clearly the setup is very hostile to cancelling the MSDN account, not sure why that has to be that way, I see it as arrogant

It tooks several messages to get the accounts cleaned up but I am still be hobbled from MSDN policies that were imposed on me.

For example, I have to go to the portal and setup my password so I can then upload new content

It never saves the credentials, that is arrogant too

Can somebody fix those horrible problems

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. O365 user as AAD Global admin can add him self in Azure subscirption as contributor

This possibility is a security hole for big organization : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/elevate-access-global-admin
    Is it possible to -at least- let the subscription owner let this AAD global admin to add himself as a contributor ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. nagle

Some applications disable the Nagle algorithm using the TCP_NODELAY socket option. It appears Windows adds a NOP IP option to the IP header when Nagle is disabled. Azure Networking says an IP option is a hacker attack and drops those packets.

Applications that use TCP_NODELAY do not work on Azure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)