(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File Sync with Service endpoint/FIrewall enabled Azure file Storage

Currently Azure File sync is not able to sync with a file storage which activates firewall function (and Service endpoint).

Enterprise data often contains secret data. Therefore I need that file sync can be used with file storage which activates firewall function.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Console access to Azure Virtual machines

Ability to access Azure Virtual machines via a management console, very helpful for quick access when troubleshooting and RDP is not working.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

If deploy VPN Gateway and follow this instruccions [1], Azure Powershells shows this error:

Set-AzureRMVirtualNetworkGateway: Vpn Client protocol OpenVPN is not supported for basic Sku Gateway [..]

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-openvpn

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stricter UD Walk Time Frames

Currently, UD walk's seem to happen at any random time. Which for web app's that are on a single instance can mean downtime during the cold boot phase. These should really be applied out of hours/early morning (time zone dependant on your service plan location) to avoid major disruption. In a particular instance, we had 3 UD walk's within 2 days during normal business hours. I know this can be avoided by scaling the instances but really shouldn't have to be a requirement.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for Remote Desktop to the Azure Application Gateway

Add Azure Application Gateway (With WAF) support for RD Gateway traffic.

Currently I can only route traffic for RD Web through the application gateway. It would be useful if I could route all RD traffic through the application gateway and not have to have multiple public IPs and Traffic Manager profiles and split RD Broker/Web and RD Gateway traffic.

At the moment I can't even route RD Gateway traffic through Application Gateway even with WAF disabled.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PIM add support in the Graph API to query Azure resources roles audit logs.

We can query Azure AD roles in PIM for our conformity report but have to log-in to the portal manually for PIM roles on Azure Resource.

Works for PowerBI Admin Roles but not for "Contributor" role in Subscription X.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. EA Portal - Enable Conditional Based Access

We have enabled Conditional Based Access on the "Microsoft Azure Management" application in Azure AD. We are using this to enforce Multi-Factor Authentication on all logins to the Azure Portal.

This applies to the new & classic azure portals, but not the EA portal.

We should also be able to protect the EA Portal (https://ea.azure.com) with MFA.

Can this either be included in the "Microsoft Azure Management" application defined in Azure AD? Or alternatively another Cloud App should be defined in Azure AD for the EA Portal.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add description field to NSG Rule

It would be nice to have a way to describe the reason for a given NSG rule.

This would greatly simplify, for instance, bookkeeping for PCI DSS 3.1 item 1.1.6 which demands a business notification for each NSG rule.

Name field allows 80 chars but type description there is just not the right thing. Specially when you need to refer to a given rule while using CLI tools. Huge plus if it appears as a column while listing rules.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Application gateway should have the capability to store certificate in Azure Key Vault

Currently Application gateway does not store certificate in Azure Key Vault. We believe that Application gateway should have the capability to do that. This will give customer more control over their certificate than saving it in Microsofts encrypted storage.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GiveSetting to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

we hosted application in Azure VM and configured WAF Application Gateway. But we are getting following error

Request body no files data length is larger than the configured limit (131072).. Deny with code (413)

For this we done so much googling and found the solution that we need to increase following parameters in the application gateway. If not possible then need configuration to by pass this limit checking so our application will not stuck because sometime application need to send request with this length.

Request to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

Many others…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for BYOL on pre-built VM Images

When I want to create a SQL Server VM in Azure and use a license I already own (Bring Your Own License) I am unable to use an existing VM Image in Azure as these are pre-licensed. It would be good if I could use an existing VM image and supply just my license key.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a description field for Azure Key Vault secrets

When creating a 'secret' in Azure Key Vault you mainly got Name, Value and Content type fields to populate. It would be great to have a Description field as well to provide some verbose description/notes about the particular secret.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set schedule to delete deployments history

Currently, The deployment history limits are 800 per resource group so if we will use many resources for long term, we might be upper limit.
    I hope we can use a feature that setting schedule to delete the history.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enable Azure MFA server to accept RADIUS attribute 31 for trusted IP evaluation.

Currently the RADIUS client must send the authenticating user's IP address via attribute 66 for Azure MFA RADIUS server to correctly evaluate trusted IP addresses. It would be tremendously helpful if that was configurable so that an admin could select a different RADIUS attribute (such as 31) for trusted IP evaluation. We use a NetScaler gateway and it will currently only send RADIUS attribute 31 (Calling-Station-Id) to the RADIUs server. Quick fix I presume!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Azure Backup Extension for FreeBSD

It would be great to also have the Azure Backup Extension for FreeBSD. This would allow backups for FreeBSD but also for appliances based on FreeBSD. (example: pfSense)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base