(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for renewal of expired subscriptions by customer (expecially free trials)

You should make this process easier or you will likely lose a lot of would be customers. You should offer the ability to renew an expired subscription to a pay as you go plan once the free trial period expires (or really I think for any expired subscription). I was shocked to find that because I got busy the day my plan expired I had to contact support to get it renewed the next day (which they responded in 12 hours and had it renewed for me, which is great but shouldn't have had to log a support ticket for…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany

Hello,
    We suggest to you to make new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany.
    The Middle East is bigger than Europe, Why two in Europe and no one there..

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Subscription Owners to Filter VMs by Service Principals

Currently, I don't see any way to filter resources (either in the UI or via the CLI) in such a way that I can see what any given Service Principal has on the subscription. This is important for me, as I've got multiple Principals which are each tied to a different user, and I'd like to be able to have insight into what sort of resources & usage each user on my Subscriptions are consuming.

It would be very useful to have this in both the UI for quick checks, as well as in the CLI so reports can be…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PIM add support in the Graph API to query Azure resources roles audit logs.

We can query Azure AD roles in PIM for our conformity report but have to log-in to the portal manually for PIM roles on Azure Resource.

Works for PowerBI Admin Roles but not for "Contributor" role in Subscription X.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure KeyVault Random Number Generator

Provide access to the RNG under KeyVault

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set TLS 1.2 or 1.3 as default for Azure Automation Account

Currently Azure Automation runbooks start a powershell session that has Its security protocol set to SSL3 and TLS 1.0 by default.

Since there are alot of security risks involved with using TLS 1.0 we would like to have this version set to 1.2 or even 1.3 by default.

Since Okta has disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 per 1st of August 2018 this is also causing errors in Azure Automation runbooks, where we specifically need to specify a later version in each runbook.

PCI DSS 3.2 also prohibits the use of TLS 1.0 after June 30, 2018.
    Source: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Transport_Layer_Protection_Cheat_Sheet

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In azure storage explorer change timezone from GMT to local time (data lake store)

In azure storage explorer, it'd be nice to be able to change timezone from GMT to local time (data lake store), this feature would be very useful as we check if our processes went through sometimes by looking at the last modified date of a specific file, while we have this automated sometimes data scientists and other users can quickly tell if something is not up to date.

Is this feature available? This only works only for Shared Access Signature but not ADLS

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

If deploy VPN Gateway and follow this instruccions [1], Azure Powershells shows this error:

Set-AzureRMVirtualNetworkGateway: Vpn Client protocol OpenVPN is not supported for basic Sku Gateway [..]

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-openvpn

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve Free/Trial/Entry level offers

Azure is prohibitively expensive for small businesses and new/poor developers.

£150 for 30 days is not long enough to get up and running and to make a viable website/app to cover the costs.

Suggestions:
    -Allow users to use the free credits over 12 or 6 or even 3 months.
    -Or return to your previous offer with free monthly credits for a year.
    -Or offer SSL on the shared plan. (sites without SSL are not an option)

£50-£60/pm for a basic website with custom domain and SSL is ridiculous.

I feel my only option is to abandon Azure and look at…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easy invoice management (especially for many subscriptions)

It would be nice to have one list of all invoices. It is important especially in case where there are many subscriptions within one account.
    And this list should have invoice title on it, now there are only dates.
    Now it is very hard to find invoice using invoice title (using bank statement)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

This is one of the many improvements our development team is hoping to include in future iterations of our product. I can’t guarantee that we have the resources to get this done any time soon, but it definitely should be in the pipeline.

-Adam (Azure Billing Team)

11. Stricter UD Walk Time Frames

Currently, UD walk's seem to happen at any random time. Which for web app's that are on a single instance can mean downtime during the cold boot phase. These should really be applied out of hours/early morning (time zone dependant on your service plan location) to avoid major disruption. In a particular instance, we had 3 UD walk's within 2 days during normal business hours. I know this can be avoided by scaling the instances but really shouldn't have to be a requirement.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Modify QnA Maker provisioning process to support selection of an existing App Service Plan instead of a new App Service Plan being created

Provisioning a QnA Maker Service provisions a Public App Service App <yourAppsName>.azurewebsites.net, but you are not given any control over the App Service Plan for which the App Service resides. My first choice would actually be an App Service Plan in our ASE environment, but if that isn’t doable at least let us select one of our existing public App Service plans to host this in.

A 1-1 ratio of App Service Plan to App Service is extremely inefficient.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Account Portal is god-aweful slow

viewing subscriptions and such is terribly slow. Please spend a day on performance tuning.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow automatic upgrade of Azure AD Connect with custom sync rules

If you have a custom synchronization rule in Azure AD Connect, AADC will not be auto-upgraded due to UpgradeNotSupportedCustomizedSyncRules.

It would be great if AADC can be upgraded even if there's a customized sync rule to keep the environment up-to-date.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-feature-automatic-upgrade

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Datacenter in Turkey or trustee model like German DC

The attachment is about a law in Turkey by BDDK (Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency).

LAW ON PAYMENT AND SECURITY SETTLEMENT SYSTEMS,
    PAYMENT SERVICES AND ELECTRONIC MONEY INSTITUTIONS.

-------

Keeping documents and records, protecting personal information and
    notifying changes.

ARTICLE 23 – (1) The system operator, payment institution and electronic money institution shall keep the documents and records related to the issues mentioned on this Law for a period of minimum ten years at a safe place offering access anytime desired in the country. The system operator, payment institution and electronic money institution shall keep the information systems used for…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add description field to NSG Rule

It would be nice to have a way to describe the reason for a given NSG rule.

This would greatly simplify, for instance, bookkeeping for PCI DSS 3.1 item 1.1.6 which demands a business notification for each NSG rule.

Name field allows 80 chars but type description there is just not the right thing. Specially when you need to refer to a given rule while using CLI tools. Huge plus if it appears as a column while listing rules.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base