(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide azure P2S VPN client for Linux

We need to have azure P2S VPN client for Linux machines, currently it is available only for windows. When managing a large set of VMs running in linux, we prefer using Linux control machine, and we currently don't have option to use P2S VPN setup in li nux. Im sure this feature will help lot of projects in linux taking advantage of Azure migratons

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow English international user develop for Azure China a possibility

I am very excited with Microsoft's recent announcement regarding Azure China.
    How can non-Chinese speaking MSDN developer use their monthly credit with Azure China?
    Right now It doesn't seem to understand my regular Microsoft account login...
    Isn't the whole point to allow us, to get inside mainland china?!
    My whole aim is to do just that.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Application gateway should have the capability to store certificate in Azure Key Vault

Currently Application gateway does not store certificate in Azure Key Vault. We believe that Application gateway should have the capability to do that. This will give customer more control over their certificate than saving it in Microsofts encrypted storage.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. B2B invitation status

Azure Active Directory B2B account.

Now there isn't possiblity to generate report, if B2B user has activated account or not. It would be good to have feature to list not activated users from administrative perspective. Example when doing acocunt clean up.

There are fields in profile like Source which contain Invited user or Resend invitation button is visible. Those indicates if user hasn't activated invitation.

Or even have automatic removal on directory, if invitation hasn't been approved within X days, B2B account is removed automatically. As if account hasn't been activated, it cannot be used anywhere.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for renewal of expired subscriptions by customer (expecially free trials)

You should make this process easier or you will likely lose a lot of would be customers. You should offer the ability to renew an expired subscription to a pay as you go plan once the free trial period expires (or really I think for any expired subscription). I was shocked to find that because I got busy the day my plan expired I had to contact support to get it renewed the next day (which they responded in 12 hours and had it renewed for me, which is great but shouldn't have had to log a support ticket for…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany

Hello,
    We suggest to you to make new Azure Regions: Middle East such as, Saudi Arabia or at least in France and Germany.
    The Middle East is bigger than Europe, Why two in Europe and no one there..

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable Auto-Renew for Automation Run As Account certificates

Enable Auto-Renew for Automation Run As Account certificates. Right now they expire 1 year after creation and cannot be set to automatically renew.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Subscription Owners to Filter VMs by Service Principals

Currently, I don't see any way to filter resources (either in the UI or via the CLI) in such a way that I can see what any given Service Principal has on the subscription. This is important for me, as I've got multiple Principals which are each tied to a different user, and I'd like to be able to have insight into what sort of resources & usage each user on my Subscriptions are consuming.

It would be very useful to have this in both the UI for quick checks, as well as in the CLI so reports can be…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure KeyVault Random Number Generator

Provide access to the RNG under KeyVault

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

Allow Azure Basic VPN Gateway to connect from OpenVPN client

If deploy VPN Gateway and follow this instruccions [1], Azure Powershells shows this error:

Set-AzureRMVirtualNetworkGateway: Vpn Client protocol OpenVPN is not supported for basic Sku Gateway [..]

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-openvpn

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Free/Trial/Entry level offers

Azure is prohibitively expensive for small businesses and new/poor developers.

£150 for 30 days is not long enough to get up and running and to make a viable website/app to cover the costs.

Suggestions:
    -Allow users to use the free credits over 12 or 6 or even 3 months.
    -Or return to your previous offer with free monthly credits for a year.
    -Or offer SSL on the shared plan. (sites without SSL are not an option)

£50-£60/pm for a basic website with custom domain and SSL is ridiculous.

I feel my only option is to abandon Azure and look at…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pin filtered resources to Azure Dashboard

In Azure you can filter your resources, e.g. resource groups, by certain filters like specific tags. It would be nice to pin that filtered list to your dashboard.
    Currently, it you filter a list in Azure and then pin it to the dashboard, it is pinned without the filters applied. This way you could pin dynamic lists, e.g. all resources tagged with your department tag.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Azure Backup Extension for FreeBSD

It would be great to also have the Azure Backup Extension for FreeBSD. This would allow backups for FreeBSD but also for appliances based on FreeBSD. (example: pfSense)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stricter UD Walk Time Frames

Currently, UD walk's seem to happen at any random time. Which for web app's that are on a single instance can mean downtime during the cold boot phase. These should really be applied out of hours/early morning (time zone dependant on your service plan location) to avoid major disruption. In a particular instance, we had 3 UD walk's within 2 days during normal business hours. I know this can be avoided by scaling the instances but really shouldn't have to be a requirement.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Permalink for Azure status history

Currently, Azure status history ( https://azure.microsoft.com/status/history/ )doesn't have permalink. I want to have permalink per status/failuer.

Current issues:
    * Status history feed hide status older than 90 days. I can't know older history.
    * I can't specify a specific status in history.

Why permalink?
    * I should announse failuer or issue of Azure for customers when status updated (occurred and solved). In this case, I added evidence by quoting status report from Azure status history. However Azure status history doesn't have permalink and I should use quote always. That is weak as evidence. (They confuse and dificult look up issues…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Account Portal is god-aweful slow

viewing subscriptions and such is terribly slow. Please spend a day on performance tuning.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base