(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. APIM Delegate - Signout issue - SSO URL Expiration

I did used the delegate option and am able to Sign User Programmatically by generating SSO URL. Now I have problem in Signingout, once user try Sign-Out from Azure APIM Developer portal, microsoft delegate the call to our CUstom AUthentication server, and we end the users session, and redirect them back to base url of developer portal. Here User see the Sign-In option again.

However If I paste the previous SSO URL into browser it allows the user to log-in, which is a security violation.

Have anyone faced the similar Issue, Please Suggest.

I also have submitted a question on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • OMS doesn't show the source-IP attribute in IIS LOGS when enabled X-forwarder.

OMS doesn't show the source-IP attribute in IIS LOGS when enabled X-forwarder.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add B2C applications through API

Currently it's impossible to create applications programmatically so they appear under Azure AD B2C - Applications blade.

It is only possible to create "App Registrations" through Graph and AD APIs.

There are others asking about it such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40420717/create-aad-b2c-application-registration-via-net-powershell

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Offer hardware/services similar to Surface Studio, as a remote screen to an azure hosted VM.

Offer a hardware & services package which presents as Surface Studio, but as a remote screen to an azure hosted VM.
          Key Features include:
          Dynamic hardware upgrades or downgrades between Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB <--> Core i7, 32GB RAM, 2TB
          Dynamic Access from anywhere (log into any Surface Studio, get connected to YOUR Surface Studio.)
          Azure Backup available.
          Fixed or variable monthly cost will please many businesses.
          This will create demand for consumption of azure VMs.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Fix Reservations IAM

As the Account Administrator for my enrolment, I have no view of RIs which have been provisioned under the enrolment by default unless “Owner” access is explicitly provided by the “Contributor” who purchased the RI.

In effect, I have no ability to manage RI resources by default; and I may potentially not even know of their existence until I receive the quarterly invoice.

Please make the RIs accessible as per the standard IAM policy which applies to all other Azure resources (ie. Account and Service Administrators by default can view).

The Azure Doc (link below) states that "By default, the…

20 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • fix the mess that is Microsoft Graph Api / Azure AD Graph API

How is anyone able to actually use either API? I've been struggling for the past week trying to get it to work. The support has no idea how it works either.

The documentation is also very misleading and outright wrong most of the time!

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • AzCopy option to compress table output

When AzCopy exports a table to blob storage, I would like to have the option to compress the resulting blobs (json or csv) as they are created or before uploading to blob storage.
                This can currently be done in 3 steps by exporting to local files and then compressing and uploading the local files, but this requires enough space available to download the entire table, whereas AzCopy could easily compress a file at a time as it processes them.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Azure Policy For Preventing Public Blob Containers

There are no ARM REST API properties for Blob containers which means we can't create an Azure Policy for not allowing people to ever create public blob containers.

This is how every AWS breach has occurred due to accidentally setting storage to public.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Resource Group Deployments Should Have No Limit

The current limit is 800 deployments which is easily done in a DevOps scenario with infrastructure as code.

After you hit the 800 limit, you have to manually run a script to clear up the history or you can no longer deploy to the resource group.

This should automatically rollover on its own.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • PaaS Resources Should All Have Private IP Option

One of the biggest concerns for companies is moving data to publicly accessible resources. Most companies are going to be hybrid cloud for a while as well. They also have sites that access sensitive data.

The game changer for Azure is to allow all storage (data lake store, storage accts, etc.) and app services (besides paying for an ASE) to be private IP with VNET integration...

All of the AWS breaches are from people exposing storage publicly. This same concern lies within Azure blob storage as well. Even worse since Azure blob storage doesn't have the same firewall settings as…

6 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • It would be great if an Automation Runbook Schedule has option like to run on every month 10th working day

It would be great if an Automation Runbook Schedule has option like to run on every month 10th working day

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Enable CORS for status.azure.com

Please enable CORS for status.azure.com so we can query the RSS feed from user-agents. Appreciated.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • hostname in sign in reprot

Hello Team,

Looking for a column in azure ad sign in report to view hostname. As of now we are able to find the options like user ,applications, date etc.

so please try to add the hostname option if possible.

Thank you

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • have a pricing tier option for Bing Custom Search that includes both Web and Auto-Suggest

As of 5/14/18 8:30am EST, there is no pricing option for Bing Custom Search that includes both Web results and Auto-Suggest. Why? I'm using the Hosted UI. Free tier is limited to 1 cps. S4 is the only option that includes Auto-Suggest, but it doesn't include Web. If I choose S4, my web search queries fail. If autosuggest is a feature of BCS, why not have both?

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Increase Monitor Alert limitation in each subscription

Below see this page.
                                https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/monitor/

The number of Alert limitation is 100 in one subscription.
                                But customer wants to use more alert by Azure Monitor for Metric.
                                Customer know they can request to mitigate the limitation.
                                But when they want to configure Azure Metric Alert, every time they don't want to request to Microsoft for mitigation.
                                Customer is not familiar with Azure, and it is so many cost.

Could you increase the number of limitation?

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • I want to submit audio longer than 10 seconds to speech API

The Azure Speech API documentation states that the maximum length of audio for the Speech to Text service is 10 seconds. However, I want to transcribe voice messages and so would like to submit audio segments longer than 10 seconds.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Support Managed Service Identity for Azure Container Registry access

A common challenge when building cloud applications is how to manage the credentials that need to be in your code for authenticating to cloud services. Keeping these credentials secure is an important task. Currently, azure container registry supports service principal as mentioned here, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-authentication#service-principal

This still needs client credentials to be stored and managed. Currently, we are securing them in key vault but supporting managed service identity will help ease the credential management.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Deletion by account holder of old credit cards

Fix website so you can remove old credit cards by yourself that is my personal info and I should be able to remove my credit card. Why have a remove button if it doesn't work???

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Data Factory Alerts should be more descriptive

Currently Data Factory activity window failure alerts only include the Data Factory name. They should include the activity and pipeline names as well, for the troubleshooting to be more straightforward and efficient.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • 1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base