(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. You should allow activating more than 1 trial version of Azure with the same payment method

You should allow activating more than 1 trial period of Azure with the same payment method.

In small companies like ours, there is only one company credit card whereas there are dev and sys admins who would like to be able to have there own trial azure space.

Maybe you could limit to 5 activations with the same payment method intead of 1

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Middle East

Hi amazing Microsoft people.
      In fact I like Microsoft as company.
      You guys bring bright ideas and being helpful and satisfying for customers as well.
      I wish that you guys lunch datacenter/servers in Middle East because we deserve better service from one of the best companies around the world.
      I am Just wondering if Azure could do it for 16 countries and around 400M of population
      I used to play games on different platforms, recently rainbow six siege which has got hosted and providing servers by you.
      We actually love videogames so much, however it’s frustrating when we have poor…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Please add an azure cli command equivalent to the Add-MsolRoleMember in PowerShell.

Please see this discussion on StackOverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44122993/azure-cli-equivalent-to-powershells-add-msolrolemember Since azure cli is more cross-platform than PowerShell, it would be great to have the Add-MsolRoleMember equivalent in the azure ad cli.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Managemnt Portal: Allow filter for Price when selecting VMs/AppServices

When changing the size of a VM/App Service there are way to many configurations to choose.
          Please add the possibility to filter for Price/Cores/RAM

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • S/4HANA full Appliance image at https://cal.sap.com is having issue to get installed on Azure due to VM size not available in WEST EU DC

S/4HANA full Appliance image at https://cal.sap.com is having issue to get installed on Azure due to VM size not available in WEST EU DC. It will help fixing this issue as many people are trying to test S/4HANA on Azure and potentially new opportunity for Microsoft !!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • In the Azure Portal, require a confirmation when a VM's "Stop" button is pressed

It's too easy to stop a VM by mistake without a confirmation being required

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • allow word break in ui

On entering a data disk with more than 98 characters the UI breaks and the data in the table showing data disk for a vm gets overlapped allow word-break css in UI when the length of name of data disk is more than 70 characters

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • CSP subscription transfer between tenants

Eneblemnt of Azure CSP subscription tranfer between AAD tenants.

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Increase listener limit for Application Gateway

Application gateway has a very low listener limit (20 listeners / certificates). This severely limits it's usefulness for multi-tenant/domain applications where a web farm / service hosts many endpoints. IIS itself has no such small limit, but due to constraints on certificate deployment in cloud services, Application Gateway is the only clear path to wide scale SNI based SSL hosting. With it's low limit, it does not come close to meeting our use case. I would suggest the limit be removed or set to a very high limit like 10k+ so many certificates could be bound to host many different…

37 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Support MSA account on feedback.azure.com

Signing in to this forum supports google or facebook auth, but not my microsoft account. Add a sign in option for MSA please!

5 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow App Service Environments to be added to existing Subnet

App Service Environments should be able to be added to existing VNET Subnets. Having to rework subnets in VNET is kind of a pain to add a new one or delete and re-add a subnet to accommodate the ASE.

5 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • spelling of organizations is written in the article as organisations which is wrong

spelling of organizations is written in the article as organisations which is wrong

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Create a list of all Build Event Sessions in a html format

I would like to share all the Azure events that were presented in MS Build 2017 in a HTML format with links to them on Channel 9. Can that be added to the Build site?

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Allow an azure bot service application to be configured to be "aways on"

I would like to be able to configure an azure bot service application to be "always on". This would mean I need to be able to make the application run under a basic or greater service plan. Right now if you try to do this, it gives you an error. My only option at this point that I can figure is to create a timed service to poke the bot so it doesn't shut down from non-use and go through a cold start later on.

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Add timestamp to Provisioning error reports for Azure SSO

Please Add a timestamp to Provisioning error reports for Azure SSO

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • CORS for App Proxy

There should be CORS setting available on App Proxy just like we have the CORS available for App Services.

Making calls from Azure Apps into an Azure App Proxy App is a very common scenario, especially when on-prem applications are surfaced externally using App proxy.

More details - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43955808/cors-prelight-issue

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Being able to create dummy resources with in ARM templates

Being able to create dummy resources with in ARM templates. As a common worflow is to create template and then use the outputs from that template within other templates. This allows us to more automation.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow Android / iOS Clients to connect to RemoteApp theough Web Application Proxy 2016

Currently iOS and Android clients receive a 0x3000008 error when connecting to a RemoteApp Gateway through Web Application Proxy 2016. The issue is not present in WAP 2012.

MS Support leads me to believe that the problem comes from the fact that the RDP client (MAC, iOS, Android...etc) uses absolute URI in the SSL tunnel. WAP server supports only relative URI.

The issue has been resolved in Azure Application Proxy, but not in Server 2016

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Inconsistent case of the resourceId and resourceGroupName in Activitylog webhook payload

When use the webhook notification with the Azure ActivityLog, I found that there is inconsistent case of the resourceId and resourceGroupName sent from the ActivityLog administrative events (payload).
                                        Eg: the real VM resource: named UbuntuTestVM with the resource group UbuntuTest.
                                        The resourceId and resourceGroupName of one of the activityLog event is:
                                        "resourceId": "/subscriptions/eda89037-7150-4678-a831-8e2ff85a579f/resourceGroups/ubuntutest/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/ubuntutestvm",
                                        "resourceGroupName": "ubuntutest"

The operationName is the same. Looks like a defect to me, could be when there is different channel to operate an action (eg: stop an VM), some channel decide to use the original name and some decide to change it to lower case.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • The Autoscaling function should be turn off when deallocating the VMSS

The increase/create operation of the new VM instance depends on the average CPU within 5 mins by default. When the CPU is higher than the threshold, the new VM instance will be created even when deallocating the VMSS. However, the CPU of the new-created instance will be high so that the average CPU is still over the threshould and a new instance will be created again and again until reaching the maximum number. This behavior is buggy.

The suggestion:
                                          The Autoscaling function should be turn off when deallocating the VMSS.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base