(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Test Azure Authenticator properly before releasing it

Test Azure Authenticator properly before releasing it. Specifically:
    - When upgrading to new versions preserve the accounts from the prior version
    - Do not require a reboot for the application to function correctly (on WP8.1 on Lumia 620 it most certainly does)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • After spending over an hour trying to find a way to log a support request with no phone number or email address ?

Would it not make sense to clearly display in your support page an option to email support I appreciate it makes sense to get people to click a link a follow a process but what if that appears to be broken as it's for me

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow creation of Minecraft Server on Azure Dreamspark

You should allow the creation of a Minecraft Server on the Dreamspark Azure plan. Why? Out of all the people who use Azure, student developers are the ones most likely to want to host a Minecraft server. It seems odd to allow enterprises to create Minecraft servers but not students. You already allow us to host web apps, and the amount of bandwidth that a Minecraft server takes up is pretty minimal. If you were really worried you could restrict the amount of people allowed on the server. Microsoft Azure is such a great service for us to learn how…

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add dates to the Feedback blogs

Add dates to the Feedback blogs. I see status like "planned" and "started" but no dates associated with the status. It helps in my planning if I have a general idea of why a new feature may be available. Maybe something like .. Planed for 3rd quarter of 2015 .

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Please add an Alert option for HTTP 5xx

I have options here to set alerts on my Mail, but I would really love to receive alerts about HTTP 5xx, because my very own code throws Http Response codes of 501 when a database or external service is unavailable or something weird happens, or when there is an unidentified bug causing problems, I would really like to be notified about that.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • provide the capability for user to get the boot log. When VM startup failed, we can get some idea of what happened.

Right now, we have no way to get the boot log of a VM. When VM launch failed, we have no idea of what happen. I would suggest you provide the retrieve log capability in the portal, similar to AWS's.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Why is the Azure preview portal feature limited?

Why is the Azre preview portal feature limited? Fx Azure backup and site-2-site VPN is not available. CSP customers are forced to logon to the preview portal, where all Azure services/features are not available.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • 1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Support should be included for free for "break-fix" issues

I pay several hundred dollars a month for hosting on Azure. I would expect to be able to file a support ticket when, for instance, the hosting interface (Azure Portal) has bugs and doesn't work as advertised. Overall, a great service that has worked extraordinarily well for me...but I believe that "break-fix" issues as they are described in the FAQ should be addressed without additional paid support. I was attempting to bind SSL certificates in the Preview Portal - it just flat out wouldn't work. Luckily, I was able to perform the action in the "old" portal. I realize that…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Rework the UI of Azure to allow BizSpark subscription members access to other spending limits

As the Founder of a tech startup we were visited by Microsoft and sold the concept of the BizSpark programme and ease of use for Azure. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case. We each get $150/month of subscription but upon deployment yesterday at 6pm we burst our spending limit in 12 hours with zero usage. I understand this isn't Azures fault but I've spent hours trying to determine the root cause, jumping between accounts to no avail. You need to make your products easy to use or we're heading to Google or Amazon.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Is there any plan to have the temp disk of V1 and V2 VM to be a data disk for user to store data?

Is there any plan to have the temp disk of V1 and V2 VM to be a data disk for user to store data?
                        Because when we create different size VM, we can only increate the CPU and memory.
                        The disk size is increased, however it’s temp disk for OS paging and can’t be used to store data.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • ASR with vCenter 8.3.0 feature

We update ASR with vCenter from 8.2 to 8.3 then found the username and password format was changed from domain\username to username@domain
                          We found the same issue on forum https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/36ce86df-3974-4562-80bc-62e06aef8cfd/cant-add-vcenter-server?forum=hypervrecovmgr
                          Is it any specific date to fix the issue?

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 無法設定認證,發生錯誤,無法修改這個使用者,因為另一項作業正在進行中。

無法設定認證,發生錯誤,無法修改這個使用者,因為另一項作業正在進行中。
                            有這個錯誤發生了,但我無法自行排除,也不知道目前進行到什麼程度了。
                            應可知道目前的處理情況,什麼作業、何時開始處理、何時可以完成等等。

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • My idea is very simply. It would be nice if support calls would be answered in a timely manner without having to escalate every time

My idea is very simply. It would be nice if support calls would be answered in a timely manner without having to escalate every time

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Please send critical notifications through subscription emails

When there is a service disruption expected and you guys fully aware that some maintenance could cause disruption to your customers, advice you please email to the customers who have subscribed and have all there live servers up and running. So that we are aware and can give an answer to our client immediately or at least alert them in advance. Please don'e expect your subscribers to have the azure portal on 24/7 and note down all the notifications that popup.

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • IO

I suggest improving IO performance, for example I use a D1 virtual machine and just logging in to a clean windows 7 takes several minutes, any IO operation takes forever, I tried giving it more power with a D2 virtual machine - but there was no visible difference ... the IO performance is horrendous, we tried to use it internally in our company for testing purposes but it is way faster to spin up a virtual machine than to log in via RDP

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • An attempt to add a webjob puts you in Standard Scheduler by default and you start getting charged

This is unfair because you don't realize you're being charged. The default option should be 'Free'. Then if you need more that what the 'Free' edition allowed you can warn the user to upgrade to the 'Standard' Scheduler.

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Change account admin to colleague in different country

There are variations of this in other feedback, but I figured it might help to be specific. We have had to deal with this issue twice.
                                      We need the ability to change the account administrator to another colleague within our company but in a different country. We have transitioned our project twice, both times to teams in different countries and Microsoft insists on a new subscription and full migration just because the account administrator is from a different country.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Improve your customer support. Nobody can reach you on his/her mobile until one has ISD facily on the phone. This is rediculous.

I was trying to reach MS for Azure but neither my request entered was returned nor did the support call number took me to Azure team. Over and above of all this, I was told to contact a 000800 toll free number which can be accessed only if you have ISD facility activated on your mobile. You probably lost a good potential customer this way.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Moving countries shouldn't mean creating a new account

I recently moved from Belgium to the Netherlands. I changed banks and therefore credit cards at the same time.
                                          To be able to use my NL credit card I have to close my existing Azure account and create a new one with a different email address just so I can use my NL card. Short sighted. Inefficient. Unfriendly to non-US based customers who never leave the US.

23 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base