(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alert me before pulling all my sites offline!!

This morning I woke up to find everything offline. In the portal I just saw that the sites were stopped. Clicked "Start" but nothing happened. It took a while before i finally found somewhere where the cause was apparent. My account was disabled. No warning, nothing, just disabled and everything yanked offline!

By digging my way into the old manage site, I could get on to the account site. Pages loaded extremely slowly, causing extra stress waiting 30-45 secs for each action. when I managed to resolve the spending limit issue everything returned to normal.

The final irony is the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • CloudQueue.DeleteMessageAsync: Return bool for deleted or not

CloudQueue.DeleteMessageAsync: Return bool for deleted or not

Today the signature is public Task DeleteMessageAsync
        a public Task<bool> DeleteMessageAsync
        where the return is true for deletedOk, false for not deleted, like for instance List<T>.Remove would be good.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add ability to virus scan a stream

Azure must offer the ability to virus scan a stream. Not a file. Due to corporate security requirements, files cannot be saved without being encrypted.

8 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add the ability to write a tag in the Azure Subscription to avoid confusions

Sometimes the Azure administrators have to work with a lot of subscriptions.
            The problem here is to work with the Subscription Id.
            When you use a very few amount of subscriptions is not a problem, but it could be a problem when you are using a lot of subscriptions.
            Is very easy to be working with the wrong Azure subscription when you manage a lot of Azure Subscriptions.
            The subscription id could be confusing sometimes in some situations.
            To avoid this, my suggestion is to have an additional tag in the Subscription (this tag should not be mandatory, only for…

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • How to recover android sms?

Lost text messages or your contacts list could be a disaster for some people. No one will deny the importance of the SMS and Contacts on your mobile phones. So once the disaster have happened, you'd better to look for a way to reduce your losses. Thus, Coolmuster Android SMS Recovery could be an ideal program for your reference.

how to recover deleted messages on android
              And you need to root your android phone at first, or the app can't detect your phone successfully. And stop saving new data to your phone, or the deleted data will be covered.

Step1:…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • when a server shuts down unintentionally due to a host outage, please notify all customers affected.

Currently MS Azure notifies customers during scheduled outages, however, in the event of an emergency outage, where a customer's server is rebooted, (due to a host hardware failure, or whatever), all customers affected should be notified as a courtesy. We had an outage and had our services not started currently due to a password issues, we would have known that the server went down.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Improve notification of PaaS Updates

I would like to know if Microsoft has plans to improve the system of PaaS updates. Currently it allows 5 minutes prior to a forced shutdown and this happens once or twice a month. Our issue is that some of our customer transactions take longer than 5 minutes so those will have a chance to result in end user timeouts and an error for our clients. This leads to bad customer experience. So we would like Microsoft to work on a way to provide a solution to this.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Two-person rule for certain "nuclear" administrative tasks.

Some administrative options are so powerful that they could essentially destroy a cloud-based organisation. To be honest I am so absent minded myself so I would actually like to prevent myself from deleting some resources unless someone else agree that it's a good idea.

It's a good idea for nuclear weapons and I think it has a place in cloud administration, that two persons need to agree on certain actions.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Chevy Nova Restoration Parts

(http://www.autoobsession.com/novachevy.aspx) Auto Obsession-the renowned US's online destination deals in a premium collection of restoration parts and supplies for CHEVROLET Nova/ Chevy II models including 1962-67 to 1985-88.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • If you would like to discuss saving money on Azure and discounts, or maybe you need some support with your Azure project, I would be happy t

If you would like to discuss saving money on Azure and discounts, or maybe you need some support with your Azure project, I would be happy to help. Email me at v-kegord@microsoft.com

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Make it free for developers

Hi,

Can you please make Azure totally free for developers or at least provide a tier that's 100% free for all the services you provide so that developers can actually learn to use your technology without being hit with a bill every month. Even if the services were slow, restricted by the number of transactions, etc... to ensure it wouldn't be abuse but to keep charging developers is totally wrong. If you at least provide an option to fully disable a service without having to be deleted and charged for it, this would even make more sense. Take this for…

2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • fdsa

fds

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • help link on all Azure Services

I would All a Help Link in any Azure Resource Create , Screen that user can click to get help on that resource parameters on Additional Infomation

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Bug: Subscription state after re - activate

On a bizspark subscription, after it reached the credit limit, the subscription has an state disabled, but when it re-activate, the page shows that te status is active, but, when I try to start a virtual machine, the portal shows a message indicating that it cannot start the virtual machine because the subscription state is disabled (see screenshot).

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • pricing

Bring the prices down to 50% as premium tier doesn't feel any different to standard. Azure pricing is way out of line with AWS and Google Cloud offering.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Last 4 digits of credit card on invoice

If Azure invoices are being paid automatically from a credit card, the last 4 digits of that card should appear on each invoice. I manage an Azure account for my company; service charges are billed to my personal card, and I submit a monthly expense report. Company rules require that all expenses charged to a credit card must have the receipt with a credit card number. Because there is no credit card number on the Azure statements, I have to print out my credit card statement to prove that I used my card to pay for the monthly Azure charge.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • How to transfer android phone sms to computer?

Text messaging is a fundamental way that people communicate and many important notice or business information may be sent or received by text messages.
                                      There are two main reasons why we need to transfer text messages to computer. You have memorable text messages received from your lover, your friends or your families and you wish to keep them forever.
                                      The other reason for transferring SMS to computer is for future records before they clear their inbox or outbox. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant.

Step 1:Connect Android Phone to pc and start the app on computer

Notice: If this is the first…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Misleading pricing in azure calculator total price (currency icon bug)

Hi there,

Today i was exploring azure and hit the calculator page for just finding how much this gonna cost me if i buy but when i tried that, i was shocked with pricing, actually price is all fine calculated by software script but all the prices were showing in US Dollars, so if you change currency from dropdown, your price will reflected by the exchange rate or whatever you use to calculate but instead of showing appropriate currency it's only showing price with "US Dollar icon" which should not be that way, i'm counting this as a developer mistake…

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • storesimple failover

Storesimple to support fail-over to another Storesimple device on premise automatic.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base