(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. These Ideas Could be Part of Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Roadmap

Microsoft has been steadily growing into one of the powerhouses of the modern artificial intelligence(AI) and machine learning(ML) ecosystems. With fierce competition from companies such as Amazon, IBM, Google or Faceboof heating up, innovation and rapid iteration are essential for Microsoft to maintain its leadership position in the space.
    In this post, I would like to discuss some ideas that might be relevant to the short-term roadmap of Microsoft’s AI-ML technologies. The ideas explored here are a combination of market requirements, capabilities that can fill a gap with the competition as well as natural evolutionary steps for the Microsoft AI-ML…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • to allow all types of Virtual Machines (Win 10, RedHat,...) during free test period

It makes no sense to leave people test for free during 30 days (not much by the way) and don't allow to test everything. For example, in my case, I wanted to use Win 10 and RedHat machines... I couldn't. To do it I have to disable cost limits and start paying.... What for is it supposed to be the free test period?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Show Resource Health on main Portal Overview page

had issue recently where VM was failed in Resource Health but almost didnt notice as from the Overview page in the Portal everything was looking ok. It would be good so if Resource Health was degraded it showed a big red banner across the Overview page in the Portal , like it does when Provisioning State is failed.

thx
        Andy.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Alternative display resolutions on worker roles

To better support automation services that create screen shots and perform other rendering tasks, add an option to change screen resolution on worker role instances to other than the default 1024x768px, e.g. 1600x1200px.

Also, it should be possible to change the default resolution by using PowerShell Set-DisplayResolution.

This is not related to Remote Desktop screen resolution.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • security

<b> ho</b>

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Improve student account signup

The current Azure offer in the "Your Academic Institution" version of "Microsoft Imagine" is difficult to follow. Please check it, test it, and make it clearer.

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Explain clearly what is required for account verification before blog posts are allowed.

I am trying to post a message on the message boards for Azure functions. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?category=windowsazureplatform

It's telling me that I can't attach an image file to the post unless my account has been verified. It doesn't tell me how to verify the account, and in any case, I have a corporate account so no verification should be required.

Thanks!

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add detected source as part of /Translate response

Currently there is no way to translate a piece of text and see which source language you identified it as in one request.

You first have to make a request with the text to /Detect to get the language, then a request to /Translate to actually translate the text. This adds unnecesarry overhead on your systems because the /Translate call must identify the source language of the text again. It also doubles the cost to use your translator, since a 10 character sentence now would cost 20 characters to translate (due to the duplicate request), and it would take twice…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • remove the $200 free Azure offer from Visual Studio Essentials dashboard, and leave only the Developer-oriented offer

I was moved to the Visual Studio Essentials subscription as an Open Source developer. The original idea was to try out Azure as a continuous build platform since our project (PyPy) is too large for Appveyor. Unfortunately I mistakenly clicked on the wrong Azure offer on the dashboard, and cannot provision a windows 7 virtual machine, required for our build system (your other offers reboot themselves to update at random times, but that is a different issue). I understand that the other Azure offer on the dashboard would have allowed me to provision a windows7 virtual machine, but once I…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Monaco

Could you add Monaco as available country for Azure Marketplace.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow adding DPOR ID programmatically via API

For SaaS models it is almost impossible to require the customer to manually insert DPOR ID as part of the installation process.

Even if theoretically it could be verified before installation begins, it adds another manual step in which a customer needs to get familiarized with another system.

It should be possible to add the DPOR ID programmatically once the customer shares their .publishsettings file (via API). Alternatively, perhaps it should be possible for the Partner to supply a subscription ID of the customer thus proving the DPOR relationship (instead of the customer having to establish said relationship).

5 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add explicit description to say that an "Owner" doesn't equal to "Admin" in Azure subcription

I got a new subscription from manager, and was granted "Owner" privilege in new portal. Then I needed to upload management certificate to Azure subscription for onboarding a service.

As many people know, it is only doable to upload management certificate into Azure subscription in classic portal, so I went to the classic portal, and found that I couldn't find that subscription in classic portal.

After consulting Azure support, I learnt that in new portal, the "Owner" role doesn't mean I can do everything as an administrator, actually, I need to have "Co-Admin" privilege to upload management certificate in classic…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services..

Please put Guyana in the Country drop-down list for Azure tutorial and services... LA marketing team swept by in 2016 and there are new tax laws and policies are in place. A new Government with Office 365 subbscription too

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • manage payment methods

The payment method management window does not open.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Dashboard VM status

Add VM status to VM dashboard tile, to have an overview over all VMs.

11 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Azure Internal Load balancer

Able to get the logs for External Load Balancer. But not for Internal Load balancer. Please let us know whether we can get logs for Azure Internal Load balancer??? and also alert rules functionality is missing got both Azure external and internal load balancer.. let us know when it will be available

5 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Get the zoo of tools a bit clearer in terms of purpose.

I have been quite surprised by the amount of tools (azure CLI2.0, Azure Powershell cmdlets, az command, ...) to use to get out of an issue I faced with recreating a VM from a template because I mistakenly got a VM sysprepd using "stop". Not to mention templates on Github + reuse a VHD.... And the backup/restore vs "expected" snapshot behavior meaning was surprising.
                                        The inability to rename resources is also annoying.

All of this should be somewhere upfront because it really makes the "first impression" somewhat bad.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • to be able to have a new trial account during formation

Following trainings on EDX about Azure and Office 365, but not full time so cannot complete the whole cursus within a one month period.
                                          And cannot have a new trial later on whan I come back for learning (when I have time).
                                          It's not easy to learn efficiently with this constraint.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base