(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase VSO free build minutes per month

Currently, we get 60 minutes for free, but they are easily consumed in our case because we have a gated check-in policy that allows check-ins only if the build is successful. So every time we check something in, we have to build the server.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reconsider first level Translator pricing

For the Microsoft Bing Translator service, the first jump from free tier is to $40 (flat minimum). I have to say that an increment of $40 for the very first paid level, and always charged whether I use it or not, and even if I'm under the free level, compares very poorly with the Google Translation service, which does not have a free level but charges partial subscription fees based on actual usage levels. So there's no jump from $0 to $40 to $60 for Google, even if it's not used, instead it might be $1 or $15 or $45…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create Azure App Service Plan V3

Premium app service plans are still running on Dv2 series compute. Dv3 series have been available for a while.
    We could use a boost in computing power.
    It would be amazing to have the D8s v3 available out of the box also (8 cores, 32GiB RAM). Not all apps scale out well!
    And we don't want to use Virtual Machines if we can avoid it.

Any timeline on those developments?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Increase Monitor Alert limitation in each subscription

Below see this page.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/monitor/

The number of Alert limitation is 100 in one subscription.
    But customer wants to use more alert by Azure Monitor for Metric.
    Customer know they can request to mitigate the limitation.
    But when they want to configure Azure Metric Alert, every time they don't want to request to Microsoft for mitigation.
    Customer is not familiar with Azure, and it is so many cost.

Could you increase the number of limitation?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add metadata tag feature of intent for LUIS

Please add support for metadata tags to improve predictive quality of intent detection for LUIS.
    In case QnA Maker's Generate Answer API, it supports metadata tag to refine search the appropriate answer with eary way. If LUIS also supports it then I believe user will be able to obtain intended response from single app more easier way.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add IOPS and disk type information to storage metadata service

As explained here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/instance-metadata-service#storage-metadata

you can already get some information like caching and storageAccountType. Now it would be great to add IOPS and disk type like P6, E12 to it.
    For Ultra SSD add Throughput value as well.

Use case: For SAP Hana you need to stripe over multiple disks:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/workloads/sap/hana-vm-operations-storage

/hana/log and /hana/shared you need to use different storage types.

Assume we create volume groups in the logical volume manager in Linux, which contains the name and iops in its name.

Example: We can name the VG UltraSSDLRS1205 and an Administrator of the System will know

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set Kusto tab title

it will be very helpful to be able to set the tab title. when working with multiple tabs it is not a good user experience to use Ctrl+Tab to switch tabs and look for the right tab.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scale up pricing estimate for premium functions is much lower than pricing calculator estimate and actual cost.

The scale up shows an estimate of ~$160 for EP2, but the actual cost, pricing calculator, and functions pricing documentation all show it as $300.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Student accounts are very limited.

Student accounts are very limited. They are designed to develop applications and host them, but forget the possibility of incorporating virtual machines and test the universe of the big data.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offer a free tier that is meaningful such as Amazon offers for its CDN. AWS Free Tier includes 50GB data transfer out.

Offer a free tier that is meaningful such as Amazon offers for its CDN. AWS Free Tier includes 50GB data transfer out. I would be comfortable creating something for a client knowing that I could perfect the product until it hit the market and not worrying about when the trial expires. Also, some products do not take off, and this would inspire me to take a chance.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow access from trusted microsoft services one by one

When configuring firewall for use with Azure Storage resources,
    and trying to allow access from "Trusted Microsoft Services", we only have to allow access from all of them, not a "Trusted Microsoft service " one by one.
    I think that It's better to allow access one by one on the security's perspective - allowing only necessary access from PaaS services in terms of system design.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Startup Owners to configure Bizspark credits among their team members.

Microsoft's Bizspark idea is an wonderful concept to support new start-ups. I had the opportunity of talking to a support guy who had given me the details of the offer. But I have a slight difference on the subject. Now Microsoft wants that more users be members of the program where by each organization can have 5 members each given a $150 credit. But first point here is most of the members may not need that kind of a credit. Second the start-up as a whole which wants to have a production server to host their website. Then in that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow free trail extension for people taking MS training or learning

Beyond 30days. Allow free trail for those learning Azure via online training, ex openedX. Additionally, allow capped Azure accounts for continued learning, example developing a project. Capped meaning it is limited to an amount of services per month.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Billing - Make it Clear

Make Azure Bills clear on the Microsoft Billing Hub: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders#/

The Azure subscriptions are listed by the Offer Name. It was very confusing to understand why I was being billed random amounts for Visual Studio Subscription. Also, add the Azure Invoice number so I can match things up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include billing rate and total charged amounts to Azure usage for Azure In Open subscriptions

When paying by credit card, you can receive an invoice that shows the total charge for usage during a given month, as well as a breakdown of what was used and how much was consumed. When using an Azure in Open subscription you don't see a calculation of how many credits have been consumed, which is important for recording usage to clients.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import bacpac locally should be 1 click experience

If one wants to create a copy of a deployed database on his local Sql Server 2014 he needs to be prepared for quite a process described here -

http://sql-articles.com/articles/azure/issues-restoring-sql-azure-bacpac-due-to-querystorestalequerythreshold/

But this MUST be a 1 click experience!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows Azure for studying and testing purposes

I'm IT Professional, I'd like to use Windows Azure for studying and testing purposes: as private person, this helps me to increase my knowledge on Microsoft Cloud Platform. I already used Trial Period but it isn't enough. I'm asking if there is a way to pay little fixed yearly fee for this purpose only ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. About setting up an on-premises data gateway

The on-premises data gateway is created in the default directory used for sign-in, but I want you to be able to select the directory created during on-premises data gateway setup.

<Japanese>
    オンプレミスデータゲートウェイは、サインインに利用する既定のディレクトリに作成されますが、オンプレミスデータゲートウェイのセットアップ時に作成されるディレクトリを選択できるようにしてほしい

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include the option to change Virtual Network in the Web Interface

Please offer the ease of changing a virtual network on a virtual VM, just like we can with VMM or Hyper-V. For stability reasons this should only be limited to connect to different virtual networks in stead of the default value of the dropdown with affinity groups, networks and regions...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to select the products on the "Azure Services by Region" Chart

It would be extremely useful in planning for either usage of Azure features or for where to actually deploy them to be able to select some of the products and then see [only] the regions where it is available.

At the moment, all the features are listed, but to build up the matrix across the US, EU and Asia is really hard.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base