(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zimbra to Office 365 Converter Tool

I would like to suggest Zimbra to Office 365 Converter to import Zimbra to Office 365 account without any data loss. The tool maintain Zimbra items such as emails, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, and etc. The tool allows checking the preview of the email. The tool quickly recovers password-protected, corrupted, highly encrypted files without any data loss.

Read More: https://www.kdetools.com/blog/migrate-zimbra-to-office-365-directly.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure DevOps Drag and drop work items to set relative parent

Wish there is a future option to be able to drag and drop work items for the purpose to easily set a relative parent (e.g. board items into Epic work items). For purpose to easily categorized and efficiently visualize dashboards. Instead of editing and setting a relative parent on each board item.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VM License flexibility - Windows Server / SQL

VM License flexibility - Windows Server / SQL

Allow customers to switch SQL licenses - Standard/Enterprise with a single click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Accept any disk format, convert in cloud. VHD fixed overly large sizes takes unnecessarily long to upload

Currently to upload a VM from on premise, i.e. Hyper V, they need to first be converted to VHD fixed, then uploaded. Why can't Azure just upload a vhdx object to a container, then migrate it in the cloud to VHD fixed?

There are several scenarios (vendor supplied images, etc) that require manual uploads of images as opposed to using the Migrate Server tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application Gateway Reverse Proxy capability

Currently i don't believe the Azure Application gateway (WAF V2) has reverse proxy capability like a dedicated nginx VM, which fetches data from a backend or some external website and displays content in the frontend URL which does not change in the URL bar.

E.g. Proxy all requests from https://www.abcd.com/test to get a response from backend (or external website) at https://example.com and display the content from https://example.com at https://www.abcd.com/test

abcd.com for e.g. is an Azure web app, and example.com is some third party from whom we wish to display content from.

Or am i wrong, and we do have some…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Webjobs log: option to differentiate colors

The log actually distinguish between SYSINFO, INFO and ERR messages which is useful, you could make it even more useful by providing the option to differentiate the text colors, for example SYSINFO=BLUE, INFO=BLACK, ERR=RED. Thanks and keep up the good work ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to get a list of all containers I have access to as a user.

I would like to get a list of al containers a user has read/write permission to. But that seems only possible, if the user has read permission on the entire storage container, which defeats the purpose.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AKS pricing page 'Pricing is not available in the selected region'

The pricing calculator on the AKS pricing page shows 'Pricing is not available in the selected region' regardless of which region is selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Payment through Net Banking (Auto debit)

AWS has option to pay through net banking. There are millions of people who are not company and who do not have Credit Card. You are ignoring this large sector by not allowing Net Banking mode of payment.

I am Solution Architect on Microsoft Technologies like Azure and DotNet and advises my clients about your products. For this, I have to first do research myself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resource Group name doesn't allow parentheses even though docs say so

Currently we are using Azure API’s to deploy resource groups as part of deploying App Service Web Apps. Right now the API docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/appservice/webapps/createdeployment

state that parentheses are valid characters in the resource group name, which we send as a parameter as part of the deployment. However, when deploying the resource group, I get an error essentially saying that the parentheses are invalid characters. This behavior is also identical in the portal - the resource group name text box allows parentheses, but upon hitting the “Create” button, I get the same behavior as from the API. (See attached screenshot)

What…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Google Connector App in Azure, Copy username to second prompt

Azure Enterprise Apps, Google Connector, There is two sign on prompts, one for Google and one for Office 365, however having a user retype their username is tiresome. Seems like it somebody could have coded - have the 1st username copied to the 2nd login and then have the user prompted the user to continue if correct to the password prompt . Then if the username is different, allow them to replace the username and then be prompted to enter the password. This would be especially helpful for our younger students using Outlook 365 and Google Apps. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Log who is sending telemetry to application insights

We would like to log who is sending telemetry to application insights. Currently anyone who has access to the ikey can send insights.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a search endpoint to Microsoft ToDo or list All ToDo items

What I need to do is:
    - When an item is assigned to me in Azure DevOps
    - Iterate over the existing items in a particular list I created (DevOps)
    - If there's no item whose subject contains the DevOps item id, create a new item.

There's an endpoint to add Add ToDo, Get a ToDo by Id and list all ToDo Lists.

I would like to iterate over the existing items before I add one so I don't duplicate. Not having that basically renders the Add ToDo useless - because it keeps adding duplicated items every time the triggering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. TAG Sync Groups in Azure File Sync

To be able to distribute costs I would lice to tag the sync groups so I do not have to create x number of storage accounts, sync groups etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve uptake by being competitive with Amazon in the following ways

I am an Amazon AWS veteran. I am learning Azure because I want to broaden my skills. In short I am exactly the customer profile you need, to migrate load from AWS to Azure. At this point, you do not seem equipped to pull this off. AWS is easy to use, and the service is excellent. AWS, not so much. You are stingy with support, where AWS is generous. Imagine I am on a deadline. I try to implement my service on AWS and Azure. AWS I can easily migrate my code to, if I get stuck, I can call…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Bastion 'Session' view: Add AAD-Identity/UPN field

The 'Session' view on the Azure Bastion blade currently shows the user account name entered to authenticate on the target vm. Another field/column showing the UPN of the Azure AD account used to initiate the session would be very informative and useful, since the AAD user clicking 'connect' is likely to be different from the AD/local user account entered to authenticate in the OS a lot of the time. With a field representing the AAD identity used to connect to through bastion, admins could immediately see who connected. This would also be very important and useful for logging purposes and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I open a trial azure account, and was suppose to keep my asp.net websites after the trial expired, but it was supposed but it didn't happe

I opened a trial azure account, and it was suppose I would be allowed to keep my asp.net websites (10?) after the trial expired, but it was supposed to, but it didn't happened. Am I wrong or I misread the announcement when I signed up. thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reduce time for EA portal data to update from 24hrs

It can take at least 24hrs for usage to update in the Azure EA Portal - we should be able to get close to real time data on the costs we're consuming within the Azure environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base