(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VM License flexibility - Windows Server / SQL

VM License flexibility - Windows Server / SQL

Allow customers to switch SQL licenses - Standard/Enterprise with a single click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accept any disk format, convert in cloud. VHD fixed overly large sizes takes unnecessarily long to upload

Currently to upload a VM from on premise, i.e. Hyper V, they need to first be converted to VHD fixed, then uploaded. Why can't Azure just upload a vhdx object to a container, then migrate it in the cloud to VHD fixed?

There are several scenarios (vendor supplied images, etc) that require manual uploads of images as opposed to using the Migrate Server tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Webjobs log: option to differentiate colors

The log actually distinguish between SYSINFO, INFO and ERR messages which is useful, you could make it even more useful by providing the option to differentiate the text colors, for example SYSINFO=BLUE, INFO=BLACK, ERR=RED. Thanks and keep up the good work ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't register Microsoft azure from Myanmar?

I am not able to register fro microsoft azure account. How can I do this? any help is appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Resource Group name doesn't allow parentheses even though docs say so

Currently we are using Azure API’s to deploy resource groups as part of deploying App Service Web Apps. Right now the API docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/appservice/webapps/createdeployment

state that parentheses are valid characters in the resource group name, which we send as a parameter as part of the deployment. However, when deploying the resource group, I get an error essentially saying that the parentheses are invalid characters. This behavior is also identical in the portal - the resource group name text box allows parentheses, but upon hitting the “Create” button, I get the same behavior as from the API. (See attached screenshot)

What…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Log who is sending telemetry to application insights

We would like to log who is sending telemetry to application insights. Currently anyone who has access to the ikey can send insights.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a search endpoint to Microsoft ToDo or list All ToDo items

What I need to do is:
    - When an item is assigned to me in Azure DevOps
    - Iterate over the existing items in a particular list I created (DevOps)
    - If there's no item whose subject contains the DevOps item id, create a new item.

There's an endpoint to add Add ToDo, Get a ToDo by Id and list all ToDo Lists.

I would like to iterate over the existing items before I add one so I don't duplicate. Not having that basically renders the Add ToDo useless - because it keeps adding duplicated items every time the triggering…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Citrix XenServer VMs migrate to Azure cloud.

As the customer approached to migrate the Citrix XenServer VMs to the cloud. 400~ VMs are running on top of the XenServer hypervisor (Managed by Citrix XenCenter).

Are any tools available to do discover and assess such a deployment planner or Azure Migrate appliance (Manual deployment)

How to migrate the Citrix XenServer VMs Environment virtual machines to Azure cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve uptake by being competitive with Amazon in the following ways

I am an Amazon AWS veteran. I am learning Azure because I want to broaden my skills. In short I am exactly the customer profile you need, to migrate load from AWS to Azure. At this point, you do not seem equipped to pull this off. AWS is easy to use, and the service is excellent. AWS, not so much. You are stingy with support, where AWS is generous. Imagine I am on a deadline. I try to implement my service on AWS and Azure. AWS I can easily migrate my code to, if I get stuck, I can call…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I open a trial azure account, and was suppose to keep my asp.net websites after the trial expired, but it was supposed but it didn't happe

I opened a trial azure account, and it was suppose I would be allowed to keep my asp.net websites (10?) after the trial expired, but it was supposed to, but it didn't happened. Am I wrong or I misread the announcement when I signed up. thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reduce time for EA portal data to update from 24hrs

It can take at least 24hrs for usage to update in the Azure EA Portal - we should be able to get close to real time data on the costs we're consuming within the Azure environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase concurrent user limit for Azure AD Authentication with P2S VPN

Increase the concurrent user limit (currently 128 MAX user) for Azure AD Authentication with P2S VPN. This should match the sizing on the gateway e.g VpnGw1 should allow MAX250 connections for AAD authentication, not 128. VpnGw2 shoud allow 500 AAD P2S VPNs e.t.c...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure computer vision Image Processing API

I have uploaded below uploaded file in Image Processing api (it contains special characters and two words)
    but it does not return following characters("()_") after image processed to text.

and i have uploaded another file it contains only a single word (theRe) r is only in upper case in uploaded image, but it does not return the text in same case it returns(there) word

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to test Smart Detect alerts

MS provides Smart Detection alerts. Only problem is, no clue if they are actually working or if the notification configuration/actions groups are correct.

1) Allow us to test Smart Detection runs with a TEST button to simulate and issue
    2) Link them to a regular action group so we can configure ourselves and not just 1 custom email name.

Thanks
    dreez

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable the "Disable" functionality in Azure v1 functions

When using an Azure Function v1, the disable options in the Azure Portal do not seem to work. They are available to set and save, and they look like they are saved but the function itself is not disabled.

After some search with the help of MSFT support, v1 framework versions do not seem to use this setting. Only starting from v2 this works.

The Azure documentation does not states this specifically. It would nice to or disable the "disable" functionality if you are using an Azure v1 function or at least give a warning of some sort. That saves…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop being a cloud service hoster

As a pro microsoft product consumer and consultant in all cases
    I really was fond of the idea getting everything working with Azure
    Cloud Services. But after now very frustrating weeks with Azure
    (combined with the fact that microsoft is also building a two class
    society within the microsoft partner network) I am now at the point
    where every alternative cloud service (bing/google any alternative)
    is a far better idea for most of my customers - no matter which area
    (to be fair - the user interface of azure is quite well - but also buggy).
    But look at the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fault with free repair service. The repair service is not permitting downloads of repaired files and is showing them to be in a different fo

supply link to report problems with FREE REPAIR SERVICE. There is no link on this service site and it has had problems over the last few weeks. Current problem is with downloading repaired files and their out put format which, is not the same as uploaded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Install Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App runtime to App Service

.NET Core 3.1 WindowsDesktop runtime contains some assemblies that is also useful in WebApp, such as System.Xaml. If the runtime is not installed, these assemblies must be included in self-contained deployment. And the SCD is troublesome and has many runtime restrictions.

Additionally, a NETCoreApp depends on WindowsDesktop SDK project generates a .runtimeconfig.json that references WindowsDesktop. Azure App Service can't execute such WebJob.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please! open Azure for the developpers in Republic of Benin

Please,open the marvelous Azure platform for the developpers in Republic of Benin.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base