(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the ability to whitelist clients/IPs and bypass the pre-authentication for API access

We have determined that we can open up certain API endpoints to bypass the pre-authentication of the app proxy, by creating additional app proxies for each API endpoint, but this opens up the access to ALL connections. We need to be able to open up access to certain applications for API call reasons but provide a little more security around it by only whitelisting certain IPs.

The end goal would be to have a single application proxy in Azure for a particular on-prem application which does pre-authentication and MFA for all normal users. Then, provide a whitelist of IP addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Public repository for Microsoft Software

It would be nice if we could access installation media for Microsoft Software from a publicly accessible repository provided in Azure. Licensed Microsoft Software requires activation or keys anyway so there is no licensing issues to do so. It would be a nice way to make things simpler when creating custom ARM Templates, installations through DSC, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add ability to sort string contents in Kusto

Scenario: I have a string with words separated by comma (or other value), and I want to create a sorted string of same words

example input column:
    frog,bee,horse
    apple,pear,orange

desired output column:
    bee,frog,horse
    apple,orange,pear

I was thinking that maybe I could do something like, but could not find any command to mange the sorting:
    strcatarray(arraysort(split(column,",")),",")

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Microsoft have made AzureAD sign-ins log information a lot better, do you know if there are plans to add a tab for Identity Protection?

Please add a tab for Identity Protection in the Azure Sign-in logs, you have recently added tabs for Conditional Access, and MFA, it would really help if there is a tab for Identity Protection to see if the user is subject to any Azure IDP policies too (for cusomers who utilise Azure IDP).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove <p> tags from RSS feeds

The RSS feed under https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/ is adding <p> tags to each news post. This is not standard and look terrible on news displays or info screens. Could you pls remove these tags?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a feature in SSO where we can login to portal.azure.com from a different account on internet explorer or the "azure portal app".

Please add a feature in SSO where we can login to portal.azure.com from a different account on internet explorer or the "azure portal app". At this moment we want to lgin with an admin account insteag of the personal user we are logged in on our W10 PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. queja/sugerencia en relación al campo “Importe Total” en las facturas de Azure

No entiendo como puedo declarar en operaciones intracomunitarias una factura que se ha liquidado por 1389.43€ y en el importe total sale cero€
    No Declaramos el detalle de la factura. Solicitan Fecha, Número de factura e Importe.
    Debería ser, importe pagado, importe facturado.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add SAS Analytics (from SAS Institute) as a connector to Flow

Please add SAS Analytics (and other SAS Institute products) to Microsoft Flow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. describe missing properties REST API

according to this document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/notificationhubs/create-overwrite-installation#see-also

missing describe some properties as in the endpoint "https://{namespace}.servicebus.windows.net/{NotificationHub}/installations/{id}?api-version=2015-01&quot;

what's the id refer to?! not declared!

also, I tried to put it with the subscription id or installation id

alse get in the response

"<Error><Code>400</Code>

&lt;Detail&gt;Installation validation failed with following error(s):&amp;#xD;

One or more characters in device token is not a hexadecimal
    digit...TrackingId:66fcbb91-4b89-4864-95e9-d442ef34c808_G11,TimeStamp:3/5/2020 12:02:37 PM&lt;/Detail&gt;
    &lt;/Error&gt;&quot;

How can I deal with them?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug in viewing topics when you search for service bus and select specific one

Bug on Azure portal

1- Go to the search bar
    2- Type service bus
    3- you will get list of you created service bus
    4- select one of them that have topics
    5- the topics link on the left panel does not show

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Explain clearly what is required for account verification before blog posts are allowed.

I am trying to post a message on the message boards for Azure functions. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?category=windowsazureplatform

It's telling me that I can't attach an image file to the post unless my account has been verified. It doesn't tell me how to verify the account, and in any case, I have a corporate account so no verification should be required.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Microsoft Cognitive Services accessible locally without the need for the Internet.

Make Microsoft Cognitive Services accessible locally without the need for the Internet.
    Speech recognition, Text to Speech as well as speaker recognition had to be locally accessible because it had to respond in real time.
    If it's just a question of business model, please do as office disable the account locally as long as the person hasn't paid.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Operating System specific Azure virtual machine RBAC roles

From a governance point of view, the RBAC roles for managing VMs should be finer grained. Basically having OS specific flavors of 3 built in VM RBAC roles.

ie: At our organization, we have different admin groups managing Linux & Windows machines, I expect this is very prevalent.

The workarounds become maintenance headaches. (Assigning RBAC at a VM level or creating RG for Linux vs Windows)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/role-based-access-control/built-in-roles

Currently:
    Virtual Machine Administrator Login View Virtual Machines in the portal and login as administrator

Virtual Machine Contributor Lets you manage virtual machines, but not access to them, and not the virtual network…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. improve the Azure event calender

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/community/events/ It should be possible to filter on Europe and it should be clear in the summary, not just when but WHERE the event actually takes place. If it's online or on-site (which country)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've heard from MS partners that the documentation of features aren't as good, complete and deep as in the past. They say other OSS projects

I've heard from MS partners that the documentation of features aren't as good, complete and deep as in the past. They say other OSS projects that also leverage GitHub to a much better job,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bastion Host Creation using C# SDK

Would like to have SDK available to automate Bastion creation using C#.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make "effective routes" part of the subnet details - not just for interfaces

When needing to see the routes a subnet in a vNet has, you need to have an interface in that subnet to get the "effective routes".
    I would like to see effective routes in subnets even without interfaces or before deploying interfaces into that subnet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base