(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sync and remove office 365 mailbox

We are in hybrid mode of exchange online and on prem, I would like to set up some users to have roles that only allow to run start-adsyncsynccycle -policytype Delta and Connect-MsolService and remove-msoluser in Azue AD powershell. Does anyone have an idea of the best roles I should assign to be able to let these users run these commands without being global administrators.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add PowerShell command to show specific users roles by idm-xxxxxxxxx in Azure, including inherited roles

I still need to see how one user (idm-xxx1) vs user (idm-xxx2) roles compare, including inheritance. From the previous emails, I get that is not possible from PowerShell?
    Falling back to the Azure GUI to get the answer is going to take quite a while to figure the answer out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do not charge for 'free Accounts'

I just registered for a 'free Azure account' and I was charged Rs. 2 on my credit card. During registration, it asked me for my credit card details, which itself was quite uncomfortable. And then, it charged Rs. 2 without any message or prior notification. Since you anyways give away free credit, why do you need to charge on credit card? This has brought me a very negative initial impression about Microsoft and Azure. I have been using IBM cloud for several months now. Such a thing never happened there. My suggestion is, do not charge people without their consent…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Azure Files retention support

Windows Files servers may have retention policy possibilities with Dynamic Access Control and for Office 365 we have the Office 365 Compliance & Security Center . We would need retention policy support also for Azure files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Align EA Marketplace cost reporting with Azure portal

The Azure portal reports the Marketplace cost based on the actual utilisation. Equally, in the billing file on the Azure portal the invoice can be downloaded including the actual Marketplace usage. Within the EA portal the marketplace cost are lagging a few days. The EA portal appears a bit old school here. Suggest to improve or kill the EA portal and position the azure portal fully for cost reporting as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notification when Guest Invitation has been accepted

Notification when Guest Invitation has been accepted

It would be usefull to add a Switch, to get informed (if needed) when a Guest has accepted the Invitation to the External Azure AD.

This is useful especially when Permissions need to be granted to Sharepoint, but the Sharing Option is disabled.

Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Microsoft should put an option on azure web pages to copy the PowerShell or CLI used behind GUI changes

Microsoft started a copy option for the PowerShell commands used behind the GUI interface when manipulating configuration. this was a great learning tool for administrators. We could prepare the setting through GUI, and right before submitting the change there was an option to copy the PowerShell command of our setting.

I strongly recommend this be put into Azure portal.

example: you want to create a few new tags for a resource group.
    you put all the information into text boxes. Right before clicking a submit or save command, we could have a link to copy the PowerShell or CLI version…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please pay more attention to the VM connection performance

Spend more than 30 seconds to load the desktop when connect to an VM. Appreciate for MS team's hard working. I know you have done your best but it is still regret that you cannot fix the issue at last.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Avisos por problemas al agregar métodos de pago

Con una suscripción se han tenido problemas de pago con la tarjeta de crédito que se tenía en uso para el pago mensual automático.

Dadas las circunstancias, procedí a agregar otra tarjeta de crédito como método de pago y dejarla en lugar de la anterior que mencioné y lo único que pude ver fue:
    a. Una notificación de que no habían podido poner ese nuevo método de pago como el "activo para pago automático".
    b
    . Una notificación diciendo que el pago se había realizado pero mencionando también el punto [a].
    c. Saldos de la suscripción no cambiaron.
    d.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow component search by DNS

Please enable searching components by DNS name, e.g. foobar.cloudapp.net

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Authenticating Linux Apache against Azure Active Directory

Hi,

We would like to authenticate all Web requests (Apache Basic Auth) against Azure Active Directory.

Current Web authentication is working with MySQL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Expose Application Gateway Probe Health to the Dashboard

Please expose Application Gateway Probe Health to the Dashboard Metrics, so I can see at a glance the status of the AppGW connections in conjunction with other dashboard info

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix azure function Topic name validation

The topic name text box in azure function shows below validation text.

"Your topic name must start and end with a letter or number, and it can contain only lowercase letters, numbers, the period, and the hyphen. The name must be 3 to 63 characters."

But on specifying topic name with a hyphen "-", it doesn't allow to save.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mentioned the Gzip compressed data limitation in the document.

We need info such as what max compressed size data can be processed by Stream Analytics using GZip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. notification message that the Azure account has been disabled

Dear

My first experience with Azure Backup was relatively good, just the account lockout procedure for verification of authenticity was absurd, message below the email I received the notification:

We have a small problem. His signature ' free trial ' and its services have been disabled on Thu, January 8, 2015 GMT 23:52:34 because we discovered evidence of abuse or fraud.

Question: How can it be a "little problem" If there is evidence of abuse or fraud?

improve the message not be accused of abuse or fraud unless they have absolute certainty.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow tagging for Action Groups

Through the ARM portal, tagging Action Groups is not available. This then prohibits creation of Action Groups if there are tagging policies enabled. (It can only be done via ARM template as mentioned by Microsoft Support).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

I hate videos as substitute for documentation. My reading speed is 10x faster than any video.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VPN fail-over required, where is production critical

VPN fail-over required for enterprise company like us, where is production critical. Even we have at our Firewall end, its no use as of now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base