(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add Lightswitch to Azure App Service! Please! Thanks!

Please add Lightswitch to Azure App Service! I mean the HTML Lightswitch Project/IDE.

THANKS!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make serial console working, even storage account is behind the firewall. Security center recommends putting it behind the firewall.

Please make serial console working, even storage account is behind the firewall. Security center recommends putting it behind the firewall to be ISO 27001 compliant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. use ajax

why do I get a full screen refresh everywhere I go, and keep clicking on 'never show me this again', but I keep seeing these prompts everywhere? Also why am I seeing animated 'progress' graphics that don't actually show me progress? It's 2015, not 2001.

I'm also being prompted to ender my contact info on this form, that I got to with a link from another service... The level of user consideration, and quality of onscreen information / respect to my attention span is very low.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow templates to be filtered by IaaS or PaaS

Not much else to say really - if I'm looking for templates to use for IaaS I'd like to hide all the PaaS related templates so I can find what I'm looking for quicker

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the notification hub please add a translation feature based on location or an optional setting.

In the notification hub please add a translation feature based on location or an optional setting.

So in the method, you could say what language it needs to be translated to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the default behavior of "Guest user access restrictions (Preview)"

With the introduction of this new feature it's not possible anymore for Guest Accounts to administer RBAC for Subscriptions, Resource Groups or Resources that they were administering before the change due to the fact that they are owner of the resource.

Even without the possibility to browse the content of AD and with some limitations (e.g. Application Identities) an external Guest Account was able to provide access to owned Azure resources. With the introduction of "Guest user access restrictions (Preview)" this is not possible anymore and when a Guest Account click the"Add Role Assignment" button a generic error appears.
    Same…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Service Tag"

Custom Service Tags for Network Security Groups (NSG). I'd like the ability to create custom "service tags" that can contain a list of values. Such as Ports or IP Addresses, that I can then reference within my NSGs. This would allow us to deploy NSGs with large number of ports or IPs with a single easy to read rule. It could also be used to replace the need for Application Security Groups which are limited to VMs only. That "security group" should be able to be referenced by NSGs in different subscriptions (so we can centrally manage this).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dnu restore times out in Azure

Improve ASP.NET vNext support so that DLLs could be "restored" to run ASP.NET vNext applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. use of azure on the website

I'm trying to learn azure and find out what I can use from azure to my website http://www.tuguwisata.com
    I want to develop my website.
    For all, please help to give me what I can do with Azure on my website.
    Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tweak Responsiveness in Azure Machine Learning

In Azure Machine learning, when we try to reduce the size of the browser window, the "View Run History" and "New" options overlap each other making it difficult to choose either of them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. tighten azure security

Various part of Azure require different components to have Global Admin (GA) rights to perform specific tasks: SharePoint, Platform, Networking, Intune, etc. However, with GA rights, the user can grant themselves Root rights for the tenant, even when using PIM. With these rights, the admin can now manage changes to all underlying resources of the tenant regardless of qualification or knowledge of the impact of those changes. My recommendation is to tighten the security model to be more hierarchal like that in Active Directory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Identity Protection MFA double prompt and 14 day

When requiring users to sign up for MFA via identity protection...:

1. MFA registration policy under Identity protection allows a skip for 14 days (would be great if this was optional as many of my clients want to force MFA registration on first login).

2. After the first registration, no MFA claim is stored in the token, so the backend think SSPR is not registered, which make the end user enforced to register MFA again. After the second redirect to MFA page, the backend found MFA registration has already satisfied, so this time end users only need to click Done to sign-in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow conversion of web app services from code to docker containers

Currently you are unable to migrate an existing app service from code to docker. I’d like to see the ability to in the portal to easily change this.

As it stands you have to create an entirely new app service to create a docker published method app.

Someone can spend a lot of time configuring and setting up their app services. And when they decide to move to docker, this should be an accommodatingly easy upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add an alternate way to sign up for Microsoft Azure.

Please, add an alternate way to sign up for Microsoft Azure.

Like PayPal maybe ?

Ebay did this. To sell on Ebay you previously had to use a credit card but now you can just use PayPal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 413 error - Microsoft Bing Speech

I am having trouble with the Bing Speech API on Azure.My text is over 1000 characters long and does not generate audio, is there another way to generate the text?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set "Max Quantity of Like" Internal emails above which all normal users are auto-disabled

This request is like the existing EXTERNAL Exchange Domain rule where beyond #X (est. 700) like emails the Cloud Security settings automatically shuts down that User and their ability to send more SPAM email. The NEW Internal rule would allow for an special ADMIN account to be used as a “Group-Send” email Account, where quantity is not a problem, and security trigger is not activated. This would stop the continual internal phishing SPAM emails and follow-on credential breaches resulting in more SPAM attacks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Alerts - Enable s/mime encryption

Some of the information included in azure alerts may contain sensitive data from log analytics queries. Also some companies security policy requires that all emails are encrypted.
    This is a necessary improvement that reinforces Azure security.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base