(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bad outboarding (exit)

I guess MS wants happy customers and that those who leave for some reason want to come back..

It should be easy to get out, but there seems not that there even is a "backoffice" handling the issues for the customer. Now the process is like falling into the spiders web, the more you move, the more complicated it gets..
    As a customer you should feel that safe that if you contact a person within MS, he or she can just get you out, if you dont manage to do it by yourself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ARM CreateUIDefinition.MultiVm.json - Add option to disable requirement to have an empty Resource Group

(Azure Stack Hub User)

Or could you create a new schema similar to MultiVM but for SingleVM-based deployments please? We have single VM deployment templates that make use of pre-defined VNETs and subnets and whilst everything works fine from the deployment template, we are prevented from making use of the createuidefinition.json file to provide a nice, user-friendly interface to the users due to the empty resource group check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unified company management

Currently there's no unified way of organizing your different azure resources across subscriptions. I would suggest using common company primitives like "department", "function area" (eg development, customer projects). To me a subscription could belong with an organization unit as long as it has a valid credit card attached, of course.

Also, it would be nice if all kinds of subscriptions could be put "under one hat", like Visual Studio Azure subscriptions (MSDN) and Pay-As-You-Go.

Look to eg AWS for inspiration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. feature request on portal to build SQL MI with minimal privileged custom role

we have been working with Microsoft to provide us a least privileged custom role for DBAs to build a SQL Manage Instance, because we do not want to have privileges to add/write the vnet, route tables, subnets, etc as in contributor role. so we created a custom role based on list of privileges shared by microsoft. The issue now is we were able to create the create SQL MI using Powershell scripts, but unable create from portal, failed with messages like 'write on subnet is required'. to know why the different behavior, below the feed back we received from Microsoft…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Policy to convert Tag Names to Case Sensitive (upper to lower case or viceversa)

Hi,

Is there any way to convert tag names to case sensitive (upper to lower case or vice versa) in Azure Policy, as I reviewed comments, its a bug from Microsoft. Is it true. Appreciate you feedback on this. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow creditcards from the Netherlands instead of mistakenly stating it is a prepaid card

Creditcards from the Netherlands are now incorrectly perceived as prepaid cards and therefore not accepted as valid payment method. Please fix!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In Azure backup for an on-premise server, facilitate transfer of data from one server to another.

Currently it is necessary to restore to a new server, then register the new server in Azure Backup. It is only practical to restore, and then re-backup, the latest data. This makes the option of years long retention of data useless: to download, restore, then re-backup recovery points from many years is not practical, as it will not be efficiently stored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. route table for Vnet

Is it possible to generate a default route table in Vnet when creating the Vnet, which is convenient to view the dynamic route lists in the Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure B2C Backup/restore option

Hi All,

Recently our company has been separated as another company. Due to that we need to do migration for existing users. As part of this activity, we would like to take backup of existing Production B2C AD to save as backup if something went wrong. Can you please let me know if any process for this available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Lab Services - Control of spend on each user within each lab i.e assign credit levels to students

Within Azure Labs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/lab-services/
    The ability to finite control azure $ spend for each of the classes in play i.e being able to assign each user x $ of credit and resources.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 30 days to increase vm core limit south india region

To increase vm core limit they are asking 30 days for south india region. From last 10 years i heard some tech company need 30 days to just change a variable.

How a cloud company thinks 30 days clients will stay for servers.

If azure works like this i don't amaze that aws customer base is increase.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow visibility over costs of current azure resources under a sponsorship

Our sposnorship sub is about to expire and roll over to PAYG. We have no way of understanding the new costs without using the calculator tool. There should be some way to see the monthly cost in the same way we do in the cost management blade, based on the current PAYG subscription? Having to reselect all resources using the pricing calculator is particularly onerous and needing to wait until after the sponsorship lapses doesn’t provide an opportunity to plan/budget based on current costs. This seems like a deficiency in the Azure platform,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add support case data to resource graph explorer

Support case data is something that is very useful, but typically only comes from the Account teams.

But, customers would love to be able to self-service by looking at how many cases, against what products and subscriptions over time. Currently, they can't and they like to create work for their account team due to the lack of this ability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Storage Explorer Preview - Int64 issue

While you query int64 values on Azure tables via storage explorer, it requires us to explicitly add "L" at the end of the value. Without including "L" any int64 number queried will result in 400-BadRequest error.

https://github.com/microsoft/AzureStorageExplorer/issues/1382

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix calculator! It gives different price of same VM on different browsers!

Calculator gives different price on different browsers for the same VM. Which one is correct?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lock down email type in SSPR Registration Process

Lock down email type in SSPR Registration Process
    Now people can use their personal emails to register as an MFA identity which can be vulnerable if someone else also had access to their personal emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Close remote debugging ports when remote debugging is disabled

Even though remote debugging is disabled, ports 4016, 4018 and 4020 remain open.

I would like to suggest to
    * close ports 4016, 4018 and 4020 when disabling remote debugging
    * open ports 4016, 4018 and 4020 when enabling remote debugging

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can't sign up for Azure?

I'm a college student and everytime I try to sign up for Azure, it says that I'm not eligble for the free account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Deploy my Docker Image to ACR and then to ACS?

Hello,

I have a custom docker image, that I want to deploy to ACR and then create a Azure Container Service with Swarm and access this image in ACR on ACS. My company doesn't allow me to do ssh into Azure. I feel I'm running out of options and not sure which path that I need to proceed.

I've not found any documentation about it, Is it possible to access container from ACR to ACS using Swarm Orchestration?

Can you please help me out if this idea is actually possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base