(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Azure credits to be used for ISV's Enterprise clients' Azure account

The Startup program model for USD 120K credits will work better with ISVs who target SME customers.

Large enterprise clients, due to data privacy laws, will prefer hosting the ISV's solution in their own Azure account. To reduce onboarding friction and drive Azure consumption and stickiness, I suggest tweaking the rules of the Startup program's credit usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Double registration for Hybrid Azure AD Join and Azure AD Registered

When I Hybrid Azure AD Join a pre-registered device with AzureAD, if the device is Windows 10 1803 or higher, the AzureAD registration is automatically canceled,
    but there are cases where it doesn't work and it results in double registration.
    However, in some cases, it does not work and the double registration is not resolved even after 2 weeks.
    I need to unregister once on the client side to solve the problem,
    but I would like you to improve the problem to prevent double registration on AzureAD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure AD Privileged Identity Management - Admin Role Still Active after Access is Expired

When an admin role is activated using the Azure AD PIM solution and their admin access expired, they are able to perform admin functions in Exchange\SharePoint etc until the sign off of O365. THis even lasts until the next day if the admin does not log off.

This is a security loophole for admin access still existing after it is supposed to be expired.

I received this explanation from a case I opened:

Even if the time frame of an hour or two hours have been expired, then the Azure AD will never have the knowledge that the token has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extend pull requests API to allow filtering on PR modification date

We use service hooks to notify some systems of changes in pull requests. When the internet (or the service) is down we miss these notifications. At the moment updating our own backends in that scenario requires us to process all pull requests, because there is no way of knowing when a PR was last changed (any change).

Please extend the pull requests API with:
    * A modification timestamp on the PR (updated after any change)
    * A filter option on the pullrequests end point allowing you to retrieve all PRs modified after a certain date/time)

Thanks,

Sytse

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Work vs Private profile

Hi

When I try to logon with my Outlook account I am not able to choose witch profile I want to use.
    I have azure account connected to my private and business profile on the same emailadress.

Can you give me the option to switch outlook profile when I try to login?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows VM spec for Docker

Any VM other than v3 config is not supported for nested virtualization i.e. Docker can't run on them. Azure Portal doesn't give any info/warning regarding this. I ended up wasting a lot of time resolving the issue. It'd be good to have it as an info on the portal itself when someone is selecting "Containers" VM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to Sign In into Azure APIM Developer Portal

Scenario:
    The admin requires access to the developer portal for Granting Permissions for Product Subscription by user. This Product is associated with API and must be subscribed to, before sending request to API using Subscription key.

Problem:
    The Admin receives a notification in email to approve/decline the User request for product subscription. When the admin clicks on the Link in email for the same he is redirected to the developer portal. However, despite of Logging in with the Azure credentials he is unable to Login.

Even after clicking on the Forgot Password and trying to reset it the Admin doesn’t…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure AD group description cannot be empty

When we create a Azure AD group on Azure portal and put a group description in the required field, then ‘Save’ and the operation is successful.

But after creating group, at a later time, we want to set the group description blank and 'Save', the operation is unsuccesful with error.
    The error does not come in audit logs as well.

I think we should be able to set the group description field to blank .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Samsung 16TB SSD for databases

I think it would be ideal for CMS based web sites such as wordpress etc to have SSD based databases which would materially perk up page load times

my own site is pathetically slow with the ClearDB dinosaur.

Samsung as 16TB SSD products now and a container of them would do wonders for Azure etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Deleting of roles when SPN is deleted

In the scenario where an spn has role assigned to a subscription and the spn is deleted, the role doesn't get deleted. It remains as a dangling role assigned as shown in the file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add the option add my 365 tenant to my MPN azure subscription

When u follow this guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/billing/billing-add-office-365-tenant-to-azure-subscription#Step2 with my current MPN Azure subscription all steps complete succefully, but nothing happens. I tried to change the account owner to another live account but that breaks the MPN benefits. please allow me to connect them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get-AzRoleAssignment or Get-Az* unclear role permission error

When there is an SPN or an User trying to run the command Get-AzRoleAssignment or Get-Az*, and there are lacking some role permissions or directory roles, the error returned by PowerShell is:'Microsoft.Rest.Azure.CloudException' was thrown. Even though after diving through the SPN permissions this was resolved, the customer has a very STRONG feedback about this, complaining that the error is not giving the proper and needed message. They would expect something like: The object.. needs... permissions...a/b/c. 
    Can you change this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. IP range list should have changes marked

hi,
    with the weekly IP range list publication, its really hard for the networking resources to check the entire ACL list ot see what IP ranges ahve been changed - added, deleted, or updated, etc.. since its a weekly excercise, it should be better to mark the new changes (add, delete, updte, etc.) in the file for a quicker change to be put in place in the firewall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add date to Release pipeline for Scheduling Deployment in Azure DevOps

Hi Team,

While scheduling a release pipeline in order to implement continuous deployment. We have day options available rather than scheduling it on a particular date .

Although that option is available to the approver of the release but in the later stage but what if the DevOps Admin wanted to schedule it as per business demand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag and drop groups of tags, to objects or Resource Groups with inheritance option.

1. Ability to create tag groups

2. have a slid out interface from the right or bottom, with your favorite tags or tag groups.

3. These can be dragged and dropped on objects including Resource Groups (with an inheritance option).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Convert to BYOL without re-deploy

It would be nice to make conversion to BYOL licensing easier. Recently we discovered a SQL server is costing us way to much and wanted to convert it to our EA BYOL and were told the VM would need to be re-deployed because the licensing is baked in during the creating process. Licensing is only a key so a command line command to change should be possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bad outboarding (exit)

I guess MS wants happy customers and that those who leave for some reason want to come back..

It should be easy to get out, but there seems not that there even is a "backoffice" handling the issues for the customer. Now the process is like falling into the spiders web, the more you move, the more complicated it gets..
    As a customer you should feel that safe that if you contact a person within MS, he or she can just get you out, if you dont manage to do it by yourself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base