(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to modify the User risk levels for different sign in scenarios in Azure AD Identity Protection

Currently risk events such as unfamiliar location are classified as medium and impossible travel is also classified as medium. it would be great if we were able to modify risk scenarios so that we could move what we deem as a higher risk into a high risk or lower the risk of something that we deem as lower risk. A scenario for why you would want this would be if you have users that travel and are not always coming in from the same location but are legitimate traffic. This would be a low risk scenario where as if a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure CTI (Computer telephony interface)

I believe most of the business has a Call center application which is interfaces with telephone ie they have dedicated RJ45 lines and 1800 number which is interfaced to their service or sales application by either through Cisco CTI or JAVA CTI or through vendor supplied hardware ie PCI slot connected telephone lines.

if we have an Azure CTI infrastructure,I believe it would be easy to make call center apps to Azure

Thanks
    Jag
    Jag@staritconsulting.com
    staritconsulting@outlook.com/hotmail.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Real time alerts risky sign ins

As it stands we are only able to have weekly Digests sent with Risky Sign ins, At risk accounts.

To me this is not good enough, support says pin it to your dashboard and log on and look? I do but cant log on every minute of every day.

Real-time email alerts or at worst daily email alerts must be implemented for risky sign ins and users at risk.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consolidated Billing

A couple of my customers have requested that they would like to receive a consolidated billing for multiple subscriptions. It would be great for us to have a billing construct feature available in the portal that allows the customer to point multiple subscriptions to the same billing ID.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase turn around to action increasing the core limit

After requiring a core limit increase that was preset because I needed to setup a free plan first then immediately upgrade it to PAYG, I was advised by support that it would take 24-48 hours to action the request.

I needed it immediately, so was left with no other choice than to setup a machine on AWS where the soft account limits are more generous.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow programmatic import of PBIX to Azure Analysis

Just that, import via web interface is great but only once. To allow modeling to continue in PowerBI Desktop, it'd be sweet to have a powershell method to import that file.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Intranet Facing Multi Region Load Balancer/Traffic Manager

There is not such a way to redirect the internal requests between different regions.
    Scenario Highly available ADFS deployment as showed below
    • 2 internal ADFS servers each one located on a different region (1st in Azure North Central US and the 2nd in Azure West Europe).
    • 2 WAP servers with NSG each one located on a different region (1st in Azure North Central US and the 2nd in Azure West Europe).
    • 1 external traffic manager located in the Azure East US.

The missing item to this deployment is the internal traffic manager where it is not supported…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure Policy - Add friendly / custom error messages for deny policies

When someone tries to create a resource that is blocked by policy, they get an ugly JSON output that doesn't really provide any details as to why they failed validation. The best that they can get (if they find it) is the name of the policy or initiative. It would be much nicer to be able to enter and error description when defining the policies / initiatives and provide links to internal KB articles for how they should remedy the problem.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the ability to write a tag in the Azure Subscription to avoid confusions

Sometimes the Azure administrators have to work with a lot of subscriptions.
    The problem here is to work with the Subscription Id.
    When you use a very few amount of subscriptions is not a problem, but it could be a problem when you are using a lot of subscriptions.
    Is very easy to be working with the wrong Azure subscription when you manage a lot of Azure Subscriptions.
    The subscription id could be confusing sometimes in some situations.
    To avoid this, my suggestion is to have an additional tag in the Subscription (this tag should not be mandatory, only for…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to get Japanese Windows OS image from virtual machine image gallery

<English>
    I would like to get Japanese Windows OS image from virtual machine image gallery

I could not change Windows OS to Japanese version by applying language pack.
    Errors seem to be occurred during installation.
    Please add VM OS Japanese image.

<Japanese>
    仮想マシンの Windows OS に日本語版を用意してください

特定のアプリケーションにおきまして、仮想マシンの Windows OS に日本語の言語パックを適用しても、インストールの際にエラーが発生して利用できません。
    すべてのアプリケーションを Azure 上で利用できるよう、仮想マシンの Windows OS に日本語版を用意してください。

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add python support in azure function (runtime V2)

adding python would be really great because it is really useful

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please foresee export and import capabilities for the Azure pricing calculator

Azure price calculation is crucial in planning and estimating projects. But it's also very important to be able to export pricing calculation, so that we can adjust it later on (when architecture / sizing changes).
    Please foresee something like that.

(BTW: I really like the price calculator usability now !)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add find a dc on east Europe/west Asia

People that live on west Asia or east Europe don't have enough close DC's to connect to.
    Please add one on that places.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto Shutdown Virtual Machine based on last known timezone

Auto Shutdown Virtual machines is know based on the original created timezone time.

But when you travel like for instance the current MVP Summit. You are not in the same timezone.
    Maybe you can check the last timezone somebody login in. And use that timezone for the auto shutdown...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support CORS Storage with ARM Templates

I can add CORS rules for Storage Accounts using the Portal GUI or the CLI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/storage/cors?view=azure-cli-latest

However, there does not appear to be any ARM support. Please can you add this?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom Vision AI - Get the Images IDs that are not trained

In Custom Vision API, at this time it's not possible to query just for the images that haven't been used in training.

This feature would be nice because sometimes if we upload some images and our metrics (precision and recall) for a new iteration are lower then the previous iteration we can delete the iteration and those images ids... but what if there are any deletion errors? We can't retrain a new iteration with those 'wrong' images.

Getting the ids for images that are not trained would be really helpful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Azure Services by Region" Chart needs to be printer-friendly

"Azure Services by Region" is a useful chart (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/#services) and I'd like to print it out and pin it on my wall for reference.

Unfortunately, it is NOT printer-friendly on IE/Edge or Chrome browser. Please fix ASAP!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll use it in our next planning cycle around this page.

18. Add print button to documentation

At this point, Print Preview of the page has parts of the header text overlaying the document. In order to print, one need to select the page text (without the headings) and print selected text only.

A print button would certainly be nice.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll use it in our next planning cycle around documentation articles experience.

19. Don't lock accounts into a region until they actually enter valid billing information

For some reason my account is locked to Canada. I'm a US citizen and can happily prove it. I literally CANNOT add billing information because I DO NOT HAVE a Canadian credit card with a Canadian zip code (the billing info is locked to Canada provinces and zip codes). I contacted support and they said this can't be changed. I haven't subscribed to anything yet nor have I ever been billed for anything. Further, on the Microsoft side of things my account is a US account with US address, etc. Why in the world is my account even allowed to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to Specify Tags when deploying through Portal

Currently, there is no way to add tags to a resource when creating resources via the UI. This prevents us from deploying a Policy that requires certain tags. In order to do this, everything would have to be deployed via API or ARM template

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base