(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Policy

When we apply Azure Policy to the SQL DB created through stored procedure, the Policy is not triggering its effect on that resource as these resources are not created in ARM layer. We know that policy evaluation happens on the ARM layer. But it would be great if Policy team could add this feature in the Policy so that Policy evaluation happens on the resources created through stored procedure as well.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintenance notification for “Memory-preserving updates”

“Memory-preserving updates” should be notified to users. Because this maintenance influences the Linux CentOS users. This notification make many azure users so happy.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azure Search - be able to retrieve just the facets for any query

It seems that currently you can only retrieve the Facets for any search query, by executing the search in full. It would be really useful to be able to retrieve the Facets for a top level query, but execute a search that's filtered. This enables us to handle the Facets in our own way.

An example:

Step 1: Users goes to top level category 'Bikes'. This returns all the available Facets, i.e. colours, styles, sizes, etc.

Step 2. User filters by one colour, Blue. The returned Facets for colours is Blue only - not the rest of the available colours,…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. LInux VM encryption available with more VM vendor types

The encryption of Linux VM is sensitive to the Linux host being encrypted. For example, success with Ubuntu 16.04LTS; failure with CentOS 7.4 ("OS volume encryption is not supported on centos 7.4.1708").
    A solution is required to encrypt all Linux VM provisioned on Azure.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improvements to Azure pricing calculator

Pricing spreadsheets are now deprecated, the new calculator is in "preview" but isn't really usable, especially for large models. I'm using the channel version https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/channel/

Some suggestions:
    - allow use of "work" email addresses
    - if there are hard limits on items then make it simple to add multiples (e.g. if disk is only available up to max of 5000Gb then allow choosing a number of identical disks)
    - allow sharing of estimates with others OR allow import of exported estimates. Large deals will always have multiple people working collaboratively, the calculator simply does not allow this and suggesting exporting…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show ticket number in approval screen

When requesting a PIM role, you are asked for a ticket number which is then displayed in the audit log. This ticket number should be displayed to the user who is approving the request so they can validate the request

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Security Center workflow automation should be linked to management groups

When using workflow automation in Azure Security Center, you need to associate a workflow (logic app) to a subscription.
    But I have alot of subscriptions and new ones added every day.
    I want a logic app to be run automatically when a threat is detected on multiple subscriptions. (I mean the logic to be associated to multiple subs)

So, I would argue to associate a workflow automation to a Management Group, so all subscriptions in that MG is associated with that workflow and will be run on threats detected on all subs in that MG. (which can of course also…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add French Canadian as an Azure Company Branding option

French Canadian is now a discrete language pack and language option in Windows 10 OOBE. Windows AutoPilot uses Azure Company Branding languages to determine what custom sign in page text to deliver to the user at the "Welcome to Contoso" Azure AD join page in OOBE. Yet Azure AD Company Branding is MISSING a French Canadian option. This is directly impacting AutoPilot which is displaying French Canadian custom sign in page text in English because of the missing language configuration. French Canadian has its own regional and grammatical differences from French. Windows 10 OOBE already handles the French Canadian differences,…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display Company Password Policy on Azure tenant "Change Password" Page

As of now, when user is trying to change a password via Azure Password Reset https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx

The user gets a very generic message stating "This password does not meet the length, complexity, age, or history requirements of your corporate password policy.".

We would like to be able to display our current password policy in the error message, like literally every other website/login page.

Here is an example

The password should be at least 9 characters long

Password should meet below criteria
    1. Password must contain lower case letters
    2. Password must contain upper case letters
    3. Password must contain numerical

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OS selection screen when creating a new virtual machine in the Azure portal

In the OS selection screen when creating a new virtual machine in the Azure portal, two identical notations are displayed side by side for each OS version.

The investigation revealed that the top is a first generation virtual machine and the bottom is a second generation virtual machine.

We need to make improvements so that we can immediately determine if a virtual machine is a first-generation virtual machine or a second-generation virtual machine.

The actual screen is attached.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Application Insights - support for multiple environments

It would be good if I didn't have to set up application insights for each of my environments, like local, dev, test, staging, production.

I want all my telemetry for my application to go into one container, and I want Application Insights to be aware of the different environments so I can quickly filter between them when using the Portal.

This could be extended down to Visual Studio, where I can already see my debug telemetry separately from production, but actually, this feature will give the developer even more control and insight into application code, as it passes through the…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The host node reboot was triggered by the Azure monitoring systems and migrates the VM but never tells you on the portal

When a host node reboot is triggered by the Azure monitoring systems detecting a potential failure condition with the physical node where the virtual machine was hosted. It would be good that the health status doesn't say HEALTHY while the VM is being migrated and in an unusable state when it's automatically moved to a different and physical node to avoid further impact.

I was scratching my head for over an hour wondering why I couldn't access the server at or nor shutdown or reboot it while this was happening for 40 mins.

Had to raise a Priority A ticket…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add exclude filter to Azure Activity Log

Add the ability to exclude items in the Azure Activity log when we filter on events and actions.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to setup daily budget alert on my subscription consumption

In addition to monthly budget, I would like to be able to set an alert on a daily consumption in order to react immediately and take corrective action to stay in my monthly budget.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make possible a fixed spending cap

if spending is above the spending cap there should be an immediate denial of service

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add NSG Rule activity log alert alerts to portal

Background: Currently, the only way to create a NSG rule activity log alert is through ARM templates. The documentation provided with the Unified Alerts public preview made it ambiguous that NSGs but NOT NSG rules were able to be created in the portal. Otherwise the new Unified Alerts is pretty awesome :)

Proposed Action: 1) Create an option in the Alerts blade for NSG Rule alerts to be created. 2) Update documentation to be more explicit in differentiating NSGs/NSG rules in activity log alerts.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have ADFS SP initiated sign-on also allow MFA proof-up

Currently with ADFS 2016 and IdP initiated login you can use onload.js to intercept the error message generated when a user is not registered for MFA to provide a proof-up link for them to register. However, if it is an SP initiated login, this does not work. There is no error message presented to the browser to intercept. ADFS simply continues on and passes an invalid token to the SP which then fails authentication with no reason or error displayed by ADFS.

The functionality for SP should mimic the functionality for IdP so this works for both initiators.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding resource Owner name column in Resource Properties as "created by"

Hi Team, I am working on validating security practices and it is tough to find out who has created a resource when it is older than 90 days. It will be great in many ways if you add a field in Resource Properties like created by. Thank You

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/?sdk=net old link

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/?sdk=net

The provided link above has a link for the web installer of azure powershell this installs azure powershell 5.7.0 which is misleading to customers as 6.4.0 is the most up to date version. link should be removed from the page to avoid customers downloading older version of the module

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base