(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. linkable support requests

Currently Support Requests (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request) can not be directly linked to, which makes tracking them in my own internal system and sharing them with my coworkers an difficult and time wasting hassle of copying and pasting just the identifier which they then have to search for themselves in the portal. Communication and information transfer would be much faster with simply a hyperlink pointing to the generated support ticket resource. Nearly every other resource has links which work like this.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename VNET

I would like to have the possibility to rename the vnet

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Comments to be maintained in Create View Syntax

currently header comments are not maintained in Create View statements in DW. Please update the functionality so that this will remain and allow one to script out the objects with the comments and provide comments for development and re-use.

Create View vw_Name
    -- Comment
    -- Comment
    AS
    Select *
    From Object

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the serv

As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion, make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the service provider to make authorization decision based on group membership

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure Information Protection Watermark

I would like to add a watermark to a document of the person who printed it.

Currently it only allows a watermark of the document owner.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create More Learning Plans

I really like the Learning Plans you have posted, and I'd like to see additional Learning Plans for the following topics:

• Virtual Networks / Networking

• Azure Active Directory - Operations

• Storage

Having these plans would really help those studying for the 70-533 and, of course, with understanding infrastructure topics for operations.

I would be willing to contribute to these, but I do not see the Learning Plans anywhere on the GitHub repo.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign users to group temporarily through PIM

Hi,

Currently, on the PIM, we can assign Azure roles and Azure resources temporarily to groups/users.
    It would be essential for Microsoft to add the feature to assign groups membership to users temporarily.

Meaning that, we would like to have users temporarily assigned to some groups through the PIM and once it expires, they are removed from those groups. That would allow us to enforce the security following best practices.
    It will be essential since a lot of permissions are set according to groups, to access tier service through SAML, to access AKS Kubernetes clusters at different permission levels etc...

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support Hybrid azure joined Devices in Non-Persistent vdi environment

We rely on Conditional access policy to secure o365 resources to Hybrid joined devices. On Non-Persistent VDI resources this process fails on initial logon and requires a user to lock the device before receiving the Primary refresh token. I would consider this a bug. With the need of more remote work options this has become more important to our organization.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New Datacenter in Italy

is it possible to have a datacenter in Italy, maybe Milan?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Subscribe button is broken on the Updates page

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/
    Click on the Subscribe button and it links to the XML RSS Feed - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/feed/
    Not the expected behavior.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to setup daily budget alert on my subscription consumption

In addition to monthly budget, I would like to be able to set an alert on a daily consumption in order to react immediately and take corrective action to stay in my monthly budget.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Maintenance notification for “Memory-preserving updates”

“Memory-preserving updates” should be notified to users. Because this maintenance influences the Linux CentOS users. This notification make many azure users so happy.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Azure resource custom role assignments

When configuring role assignments on an Azure resource, you're not able to change those assignments which are inherited. I have a situation where I need to lock down a resource so very few have the ability to modify/delete. The list of users who should be able to make changes, does not include those that currently have the 'Owner' role at the subscription level. I'd like to be able to disable inheritance at the resource level and be able to reassign the roles.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AKS Azure IP Ranges GitHub Actions

I'm trying to setup Authorized IP ranges on my Azure AKS but can't find GitHub Actions GitHub-hosted IP's ranges to use in az aks update -n NAME -g GROUP --api-server-authorized-ip-ranges

Also, for all GitOps out there, it would be great to be able to do
    az aks update -n NAME -g GROUP --api-server-authorized-ip-ranges MY_IP_ADDRESS,githubactions

Initial posted on https://twitter.com/TigPT/status/1264146818901979136

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. replace CSP transfer form with a digital online form

replace CSP transfer form with a digital online form the current word doc is awful

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

To be able to dismiss all users flagged for risk.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Managed identities for Azure resources" (MSI): support automation accounts

It would be helpful to add support for MSI to automation accounts.

The vision is that one could run runbooks against resources authenticating with a "System Assigned Managed Identity" rather than than a service principal or the certificate-based "AzureRunAsConnection", which need manual rotation and falls under the same security governance as service principals.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get more information in Microsoft Authenticator notifications

Using MFA with Microsoft Authenticator, we can only see the username. It woulde be useful get also the application and the devices that is requesting the approval. It is difficult to determine if it is right when multiples applications are in use (Outlook, OneDrive, Skype...)

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reduce violations to the SCIM specifiaction

Azure AD violates the SCIM specifiaction in some points.
    1. PATCH operations are send with an upper case character, eg 'Add'. Scim specifies all lowercase operations, e.g. 'add'.
    2. Azure AD uses filters in paths for add operations. This is not specified in the SCIM spec.
    3. The urls for users and groups have to be prefixed with 'scim', e.g. https://scimsupportedapp.com/scim/v2/scim/Users. In this example the second scim is just redundant. This is not part of the spec and forces additional implementations especially for Azure AD.
    4. Azure AD seems to always send complex types as values for Scim PATCH.…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use a managed identity to pull an image from Azure Container Registry when creating a container group.

use a managed identity to pull an image from Azure Container Registry when creating a container group

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base