(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Linux/MacOS/Android VPN client connexion to Azure VPN P2S OpenVPN protocol with Azure Active Directory authentication

At the moment the only way to connect to Azure VPN P2S OpenVPN protocol with Azure Active Directory authentication is with Azure VPN Client on Windows 10.
    Please create a Linux / Mac/ Android client OR any other action that as result gives user the availability to connect from OS other than Windows 10

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AAS as a Data Source.

Hi Team,

Currently Azure is not supporting AAS as a datasource. Suppose i created the Datamodel in AAS and i want to use same in another AAS model, it is not working. Can we have any idea when it will support AAS as a datasource

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify QnA Maker provisioning process to support selection of an existing App Service Plan instead of a new App Service Plan being created

Provisioning a QnA Maker Service provisions a Public App Service App <yourAppsName>.azurewebsites.net, but you are not given any control over the App Service Plan for which the App Service resides. My first choice would actually be an App Service Plan in our ASE environment, but if that isn’t doable at least let us select one of our existing public App Service plans to host this in.

A 1-1 ratio of App Service Plan to App Service is extremely inefficient.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make start/stop solution able to target only 1 VM instead, listing each VM to not be targeted.

Hello,

Please create another scoping feature in the Microsoft.Automation - Start/Stop solution, so that a user could target only 1 desired VM, instead of listing all VMs to be ignored in the "VM Exclude List".

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. GiveSetting to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

we hosted application in Azure VM and configured WAF Application Gateway. But we are getting following error

Request body no files data length is larger than the configured limit (131072).. Deny with code (413)

For this we done so much googling and found the solution that we need to increase following parameters in the application gateway. If not possible then need configuration to by pass this limit checking so our application will not stuck because sometime application need to send request with this length.

Request to increase the mod_security limit for following attributes : SecRequestBodyLimit 536870912 SecRequestBodyNoFilesLimit 536870912

Many others…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [ASE] Improve the ASE Scaling operation time

Scaling out our App Service plans in an App Service Environment can take over 30 minutes normally (sometimes >50mins). it's very impact the ASE application availability, we would like to know is there other way to reduce the time? Like:

1) Is there any pre-allocated settings in ASE?
    2) Is there any action/plan to optimized the scaling time?

thanks in advance.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. linkable support requests

Currently Support Requests (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-portal/supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request) can not be directly linked to, which makes tracking them in my own internal system and sharing them with my coworkers an difficult and time wasting hassle of copying and pasting just the identifier which they then have to search for themselves in the portal. Communication and information transfer would be much faster with simply a hyperlink pointing to the generated support ticket resource. Nearly every other resource has links which work like this.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rename VNET

I would like to have the possibility to rename the vnet

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. - provide DNS Query details logs in Azure DNS zone resource portal

In the Azure DNS Zone portal, we could only see some metrics for the query volume sum with a number but not more detail about the queries.

It should be better to add a log to show more detail for the DNS queries in Azure DNS Zone.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow user self consent when user assignment is required for applications

If user assignment required is false, users can consent on their own behalf depending on the user consent settings.
    If user assignment required is true, users can suddenly not consent on their own behalf and require and admin to do so on their behalf, for the whole tenant.
    I suggest that users should be able to consent on their own behalf, even when user assignment is required to access the application.

There is no reason to require admin consent based on the user assignment setting.
    Furthermore it is counter intuitive; If the user has been manually assigned a role in…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the serv

As part of Azure.AD authentication assertion, make sure you return the group membership details, the user belongs to. This will help the service provider to make authorization decision based on group membership

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Comments to be maintained in Create View Syntax

currently header comments are not maintained in Create View statements in DW. Please update the functionality so that this will remain and allow one to script out the objects with the comments and provide comments for development and re-use.

Create View vw_Name
    -- Comment
    -- Comment
    AS
    Select *
    From Object

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Inheritence For Custom Roles

When creating a custom role, I should be able to inherit from one of the existing built-in roles. The built-in roles change through time as new features come on board, so simply copying a built-in role at one point in time doesn't really help. We created our own custom code module that reads all the permissions out of role and then write them into a new custom role where we can then append or remove additional permissions. Our custom roles are then totally recreated in batch in night to keep them in sync with the latest changes to the built-in…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure Information Protection Watermark

I would like to add a watermark to a document of the person who printed it.

Currently it only allows a watermark of the document owner.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Naming policy format

In Group Naming Policy, be able to specify format of prefix or suffix. We would like the policy to enforce a 3 letter prefix [user selectable] followed by a hyphen and then free-form text for the user. If the 3 letter prefix could be from a list we publish, all the better.

Our use-case is that we identify a group or asset by their 3 letter assigned code, then allow free-form text. For example - "GRC-Project123" would be valid. But I can't trust the users to name Groups (Teams, Planner Plans, etc) following the naming convention we've established.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create More Learning Plans

I really like the Learning Plans you have posted, and I'd like to see additional Learning Plans for the following topics:

• Virtual Networks / Networking

• Azure Active Directory - Operations

• Storage

Having these plans would really help those studying for the 70-533 and, of course, with understanding infrastructure topics for operations.

I would be willing to contribute to these, but I do not see the Learning Plans anywhere on the GitHub repo.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow change of country residency

I changed my country of residency and now my Azure account is pretty much locked up. It does not let me add a new payment method with my new country as the country option is grayed out.

I contacted support and they basically told me the current platform does not allow it!!!

Can you please allow this? For me, it is not an option to use another email address....I have only one email address that I monitor.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Hybrid azure joined Devices in Non-Persistent vdi environment

We rely on Conditional access policy to secure o365 resources to Hybrid joined devices. On Non-Persistent VDI resources this process fails on initial logon and requires a user to lock the device before receiving the Primary refresh token. I would consider this a bug. With the need of more remote work options this has become more important to our organization.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group

Allow to mail enable an Azure AD Security group. For example: we have an AAD security group used for GBL. This group has E5 assigned. I want to send an email and all the users within this group to receive it. We discuss here about a big company with houndreds of users which already has a set up in place. We don't want to make any modification on the current configuration but rather to have the possibility to mail enable an AAD security group which will solve all of our problems. Thank you!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Datacenter in Italy

is it possible to have a datacenter in Italy, maybe Milan?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base