(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ask.azure.com

pl create ask.azure.com
    where azure users can create stackoverflow like questions which can be answered by experts and other community members

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open-source Azure Storage Explorer

Providing a github repo for Azure Storage Explorer would make it cheaper for Microsoft to develop this product, enhance it's quality and features, and let the community develop a browser-based version of the electron app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Service Principal from CreateUIDefinitions like the Microsoft AKS definition has

I am trying to create a one click setup of an application running on top of Microsoft AKS. I want to create my UIDefinitions.json file, and I want it to have the option that Microsoft AKS wizard has which allows creation of a new service principal, and store the ID and securestring in a variable I can pass to my ARM template. However, I cannot find anything in the documentation that allows me to achieve that in the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/managed-applications/create-uidefinition-overview) or the quick start templates on github.

How does one actually go about achieving this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Addtional Security Verification" page to Conditional Access

We need to add "Additonal Security Verification", which shows up for MFA enabled user to configure MFA setting, to the list of Cloud Apps in Conditional Access so that they can block access to the page for specific users or non admin users.

I have some customers whose admins configure MFA settings such as mobile phones and the method for their users manually, and do not want the users to change the settings, such as mobile phone number.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add support for X.509 authentication

Add support for X.509 authentication. Allow me to configure which CAs to honor (allow me to honor just my own CAs). Allow me to associate X.509 certificates to Azure user accounts. This would enable authentication improvements for at least 2 use cases:
    - Higher level of assurance (X.509 on smart cards) for authentication to Azure Portal (e.g., Global Administrator needs stronger authentication options than currently available).
    - Mobile user authentication - certificates on mobile devices would be able to be used for authentication.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Data Lake Analytics: Schedule U-SQL Job

As discussed on Twitter (https://twitter.com/AzureSupport/status/1039492841431609344):

We currently have an Azure-only infrastructure, and we run both Azure Data Lake (ADL) and Azure Data Lake Analytics (ADLA). We use U-SQL jobs in ADLA to extract and store data from ADL for reporting and analytical purposes.

Because we have recurring jobs (both daily and monthly) we would like to schedule those to extract and store data without any human interaction.

Currently we see 2 options: automate a job-run through Data Factory, or Azure Automation (runbook that starts a U-SQL job). But a native scheduler in ADLA would be better. That way…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add 2016-DataCenter-Server-Core available for Virtual Machine Scale Set Deployments from Portal

The Microsoft managed list of available images for scale sets currently does not include Windows Server 2016 Core. Providing our own image works but is painful as we must maintain the image.

Since Windows Server Core images are already managed by Microsoft for IAAS VMs, you should also offer this images for scale sets.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a service hook trigger that executes when status build changes

We use a slack service hook to make sure the builds are doing fine, but now the service is quite verbose and it would be great if we only got notified when the status got changed, from succeeded to fail and vice versa.

When we have twenty builds that succeeded you might miss that twenty first that failed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give us the option to migration from Azure Licensing to HUB Licensing

If one creates a VM using the normal market place resources the licensing would be added to the bill where as with HUB we're able to use our EA's for licensing.

That said, there should be an option to migrate the VM from the original licensing to the HUB licensing without having to rebuild everything.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off TLS 1.0 for login.microsoftonline.com and any B2C AD tenants

TLS 1.0 is still enabled for login.microsoftonline.com and all B2C AD tenants. This is a security vulnerability and no one has the ability to turn this off (referencing ticket 118080218712156).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable Policy to set NSG Flow logs setting

Currently, Azure Policy cannot set configuration that is set via POST actions, including NSG Flow logs.

This (along with any other setting in ARM) should be auditable, and settable via Policy.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. KeyVault and .NET xml signatures

This is a mixed issue (Azure Key Vault and .NET).

.NET has a service called SignedXml that can be used to create xml signatures. The problem is that you need the X509Certificate (with private key) to create the signature using its ComputeSignature method (the digest is calculated, internally, only when you compute the signature).

It would be very nice if SignedXml could be more Azure-aware.
    We would like to calculate the digest from SignedXml (without using the priv.cert), sign the digest via Azure Key Vault's SignAsync method, and feed the signature back into the service so that it can create…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Grouping feature in Azure Resource

I wish to have Grouping feature by resource type to help me better manage my resources. Imagine if you have around 30-40 resources per environment then you have no intuitive view in a single view

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CLR profiler for Azure Function Apps

The App Services have a CLR profiler to help analyze performance problems in the application. However although the Azure Function App is an App Service, it does not feature this functionality.

I would like to also have the CLR profiler available for Azure Function Apps.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Mobile Experience for Azure DevOps

The current mobile experience for Azure DevOps is very limited with only partial access to product backlog items. It would be really useful to be able to have access to a wider range of functionality from mobile, either through the web site or dedicated mobile apps. For example, access to boards, like in the Atlassian Trello or Jira apps, and wikis, as in Atlassian Confluence.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow easy Security filtering through admin Interface or powershell for all services (IP Filtering, GeoLocation filtering, Account Filtering

We would like to have easy way from Service menu or Powershell, to filter access to service by IP, DomainName resolution, Mac Address etc...) instead of for example, manage it in the Web.cofig for Web App.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a service like Google Cloud Dataprep (that makes PowerQuery more scalable)

Google Cloud Dataprep is Trifacta integrated with Big Query, and it is very powerful. What does Microsoft have that compares?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support bigquery without gateway in the Power BI

Please support bigquery without gateway in the Power BI.
    Currently we try to make app that using power bi with serverless architecture. But if power-bi need a gateway it is impossible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rouge Admin Protection

I would like to see some functionality that mitigates the risk of Rouge Administrator accounts. If an employee who is an Azure administrator goes crazy or their Azure account gets hacked then they could deliberately delete the whole Azure tenancy in a very short amount of time. This includes Azure backups.

I would like to see some functionality that could resurrect the Azure environment if that occurred.

You can take many precautions to protect Azure admin accounts but system administrators can become disgruntled employees just like any other employee. At the moment I don't believe Azure offers any protection from…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow disk expansion with out powering off the VM

Azure should allows us to extend the drive with out powering off the VM which avoids a down time for a virtual machine

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base