I suggest you ...

Registering to Azure (free) services without Credit/Debit card check

Currently Azure provides a good amount of services for free which will benefits a lot of developers all around the world specially countries like Iran.

Being a developer in Iran which I believe is one of the biggest consumer of Microsoft products like Windows and Windows Phone and also one of the cheapest out sourcing centers for other countries like Australia and European countries it would be great to be able to register with Azure and use its services like Web Apps, Application Insights, Mobile Services,... for personal use or for out sourced projects.

My suggestion is to offer a solution that enables registering Azure services without credit/debit card check so that developers live in countries like Iran would be able to use Azure services especially the free ones.

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mohammadreza Taikandi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really importart also for IT freelancers who wanna learn Azure, in the end, we end up recommending our customers to use Azure, but if we can't try the platform first it's difficult with a credit/debit card barrier.

• Christian H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as Microsoft does not implement this change I can saidly not become a customer. I find it very said, that a product like azure - that seems great on the homepage - has such arbitrary restrictions set in place.

• Mahdi Saleh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am living in Germany for more than two years now and couldn't get a normal MasterCard or Visa as a student. I just have a prepaid one, but it does not work for the Azure registration and that's unfortunate!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this was meant to prevent abuse, then Microsoft its the abuser, it even do not accept a prepaid card, how many people in the earth have access to a internationally acceptable credit/debit card? a very certain country at all. if all major/minor institute can accept prepaid card, such as google, what problem do the Microsoft have, no problem but ignorant people around that company and while everything in growing up, its sinking, there will not too many decide when Microsoft will be just a history.

Feedback and Knowledge Base