I suggest you ...

DO NOT DELETE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY WHEN A SUBSCRIPTION RUNS OUT

see [REG:115031012492134] support reference for full history of this issue

Hi,
It would be great if you could answer the following questions:
1) Please show me where on the azure web site that it states that cloud services are auto deleted immediately if a subscription is disabled for any reason.
2) Please let me know if you also delete cloud services automatically without warning “by design” if a credit card expires or fails dues to funds shortage or the like?
3) Why do you want to seriously annoy your customers by designing your system like this????? That is a ridiculous design! How many partners and the like have you deleted all their work from when a subscription expired????? Please register my utmost infuriation with your management.
4) Please confirm if your standard email response which I received (see below) is wrong? It clearly states all data will be deleted in 90 days.

Hello David Hince,
The following subscription has reached its monthly free Microsoft Azure limit and has been disabled.
Subscription Name: Intertec Action Pack Subscription
To get details about your account usage limits, go to: https://account.windowsazure.com
If you are not in the last month of your subscription term, your Microsoft Azure service will be restored on your subscription's next monthly anniversary.
If you would like to re-enable service for this subscription now, you can upgrade to a paid subscription by signing in to http://account.windowsazure.com using your david.hince@intertec.com.au Microsoft account. Once there, go to this subscription and follow the link to upgrade to a paid subscription. If you upgrade to a paid subscription, you will only be charged standard rates for usage that exceeds free monthly quantities included with your offer.
If you are in the last month of your subscription term and decide not to upgrade to a paid subscription, all data will be deleted in 90 days. Please be sure to retrieve any data you want to keep.
Thank you!
Microsoft Azure

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pamela Pennington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a nonprofit and get the $5k annual sponsorship. This year, when we attempted to renew are annual subscription, which we must do via a support ticket, the amount never got reset, so it kept growing. We submitted another ticket to get this fixed and they assured us that it was. But just this week I got an email stating that my account will be disabled soon because payment is past due. I found out from another support ticket that instead of transferring and merging our prior year sponsorship to be renewed, they created a 'new' account. The 'old' account was the one past due. But all our resources are pointing to the 'old' one. The support person claims that it's all ok and that the emails should stop soon. I'm nervous that I'm going to walk in one day and find that it has been disabled. On the sponsorship you also cannot get real-time reports in the cost management section, but must go to another web site that doesn't give much detail. I really am starting to wonder if we should move all our stuff back to on-prem and research AWS, because support from Microsoft from the beginning has not been good at all. This week's fiasco has made me even more nervous. Seeing what happened to you is even further making me nervous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You either move to AWS or the new buzz for 2019, On-Prem Cloud application model. Yes, that's right, after tons of companies have dipped their toes in the hot-mess of Azure, you can now host your own On-Prem Azure model. Talk amongst yourselves about the cyclical nature of computing advancements.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is fine, but once the subscription runs out, the subscription should not be put into read only. We may decide to clean up our data via API and currently this breaks the API ability to delete resoruces. Can we consider moving expired trial/pass from read only approach, to a delete only approachj?

اريد أن اعلم لما توقف البرنامج واريد ان اعود للبرنامج

• Johan Eliasson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand the underlying issue. You run out of credit, and it's being suspended/disabled until a new cycle kick's in, or you top up the credits. It will be deleted after 90 days.

If you run a production environment, make sure you go with non-free plan.

• Lam Lih Ping commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a paid Azure subscriptions and it has various customer production environments hosted in Azure. It is hard to monitor the usage and the credit runs out too fast without any notification. The next moment when you login to Azure Portal, Voila! Azure Subscriptions has been disabled, VMs has been de-allocated, public IPs removed, VPN Gateway all removed!

This is really the worst disaster I have been , it takes me long hours to recovers the environment and hard explanation to our customers on how this could happened. Seriously I would consider about Azure again while recommending the service to our customers. We should have received reminders/notification when credit running low or when it is going to be disabled. Our services should not be removed without having our consent! How do I use Azure service while having a risk like this?

what? really? this MUST be dealed with immediately, I cannot use your services with a risk like that

• Mr Divide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is massive problem. Thinking about leaving Azure now!! Can't have all data at risk of deletion..

Feedback and Knowledge Base