I suggest you ...

Allow e-mail unsubscribe

I have received three e-mails in one day from azure. One about downtime (I have no services right now), and two advertising features. None of these e-mails have unsubscribe buttons, and I cannot find a way to suppress them in the account page. All contact checkboxes are un-checked.

759 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shows regulation so important. Otherwise it is difficult to get resolution for even the simplest of things if it doesn't help company's bottomline.

• pepe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, more than 4 years to be able to unsubscribe. MS only act forced by the EU or similar. Shame.

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear community,

I have been extremely annoyed of getting spam email from Azure for a long time and I can see I am not the only one who is troubled by this issue.
        This behaviour is against the law in European Union (General Data Protection Regulation), as it doesn't allow to withdraw our consent of willing to receive those emails.
        In past months I have been in contact with Microsoft Azure support team and I have collected evidence for supporting this case at court. The team has promised me to solve this issue by the end September 2018.
        If the problem is not solved until the deadline, I will start a formal process of reporting Microsoft to EU's Data Protection Authority.
        I would like to use the time before the deadline for collecting information about other people affected by this issue, because clearly there is large number of us. If you would like to be either informed about the case, or part of the reporting process/lawsuit, send me an email to microsoft.spam.community@gmail.com

Best regards,
        Filip

Is this already fixed? There's still no "unsubscribe" link in the newslatter. Due to European Law you have to provide a way to stop this mailings, so please fix this.

trycosmosdboutlook.onmicrosoft.com
        trycosmosdboutlook.onmicrosoft.com
        4d73bed9-4fa9-4bf8-805a-c42d66a667a0
        vmware.com
        Retweett511.onmicrosoft.com
        f756c1f3-bbe3-43c4-8747-82067b75a44d

• isadora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offer Great Content and a Valuable Email Product
        Be Sure to Process Opt-Outs or Email Unsubscribe Requests in a Timely Manner
        Allow Users to Unsubscribe from Individual Lists or to Universally Unsubscribe
        Offer Multiple Channels to Unsubscribe
        The Unsubscribe Confirmation Email

NO Skjoner jeg er svert intresert i nor artiklene komer so jeg for sete I gang med jobben min for no har jeg ventet so lenge kan dere igji meg en peke pin nor tids det komer

• PO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comment. I am forced every 2 weeks to receive a useless newsletter for which I cannot unsubscribe. What a joke! A bad one.

To my opinion, this is a serious violation of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be reinforced tomorrow, 25 May 2018, and basically states that I should have an easy way to unsubscribe from unwanted e-mails.
        Privacy by default: meaning: simply stop e-mailing from now, fix the issue and make an option to actively enable (not disable) the concerned "Product and service updates" email subscription.

السلام عليكم
        ياخوي اخذ الحساب وفلها
        لكن بدون ذكر اسمي ورقمي
        اتمني منك ماتستخدم رقمي بليز وفرصه سعيده تعرفت عليك
        وهذا رقمي عندك واعتبرني صديق
        جوالي حساباتي توقفت مااقول الا الله يسامحك في هذا اليوم الفضيل قل تم عاد

• Théo MASSARD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Actively working to resolve the issue", Feb 14, 2018. Nearly 3 months later, still no unsubscribe link. Are you going to do something before May 24th?

Hello Microsoft,

I am an EU citizen and I shall be bringing up this misfeature of Azure under the GDPR legislation.

Have a nice day.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base