I suggest you ...

Allow e-mail unsubscribe

I have received three e-mails in one day from azure. One about downtime (I have no services right now), and two advertising features. None of these e-mails have unsubscribe buttons, and I cannot find a way to suppress them in the account page. All contact checkboxes are un-checked.

710 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you everyone for your feedback. The email in question is called "Product and service updates” that is sent every two weeks. While it does not currently have an unsubscribe link, the team is
    actively working to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To my opinion, this is a serious violation of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be reinforced tomorrow, 25 May 2018, and basically states that I should have an easy way to unsubscribe from unwanted e-mails.
        Privacy by default: meaning: simply stop e-mailing from now, fix the issue and make an option to actively enable (not disable) the concerned "Product and service updates" email subscription.

السلام عليكم
        ياخوي اخذ الحساب وفلها
        لكن بدون ذكر اسمي ورقمي
        اتمني منك ماتستخدم رقمي بليز وفرصه سعيده تعرفت عليك
        وهذا رقمي عندك واعتبرني صديق
        جوالي حساباتي توقفت مااقول الا الله يسامحك في هذا اليوم الفضيل قل تم عاد

• Théo MASSARD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Actively working to resolve the issue", Feb 14, 2018. Nearly 3 months later, still no unsubscribe link. Are you going to do something before May 24th?

Hello Microsoft,

I am an EU citizen and I shall be bringing up this misfeature of Azure under the GDPR legislation.

Have a nice day.

An unsubscribe link should be made a available to *all* Microsoft emails, including but not limited to Azure and Visual Studio subscription forced emails. These emails are incredible canyoning.

a..maader cood,kanker pola bancood sovkesur ak..ta seema ase....bander sawoo..tor lajloga ke nai your...a bastad......?????

• Kaveh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I found a work around, if you reply to the email, you get an auto generated email back which has a link to a web form, which allows you to request another link which gives you control over communications!

• kadar gyorgy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Je kadar gyorgy, HONGRIE personne.
        je no bon parle,francais,anglais et allemand.
        s il vous plait un email adresse,un requete email microsoft - centre.
        merci kadar gyorgy strasbourg.

• pepe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After FOUR years, the main topic is finally read by Microsoft. FOUR YEARS!!

• Fergus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. You suck. How does this not violate the CAN-SPAM act? And don't thank me for my patience, because I have none.

• Greg Ennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure is the ONLY emails I get that do NOT have unsubscribe. I am now marking them as spam. STOP

• Thomas Mueller Graf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email I got now has an unsubscribe link, but clicking on it says "The link to unsubscribe from receiving Microsoft Azure email notifications is expired. ..... is currently subscribed for receiving Microsoft Azure email notifications."

• William Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this thread after signing up for a new Azure account and seeing that I had *no choice* but to allow Microsoft to both email and call me about Azure marketing matters. This is ridiculous.

• John Livingston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the few e-mails I have not been able to unsubscribe to. Not sure why this is so difficult.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base