I suggest you ...

Allow e-mail unsubscribe

I have received three e-mails in one day from azure. One about downtime (I have no services right now), and two advertising features. None of these e-mails have unsubscribe buttons, and I cannot find a way to suppress them in the account page. All contact checkboxes are un-checked.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SuruSuru shared a merged idea: Stop spamming with email announcements that we cannot unsubscribe.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: don't send marketing emails with no unsubscribe links  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop sending emails I can't opt out of  ·   · 

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NopeNope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been receiving a lot of spam from azure, gmail has become suspicious of them. I wonder whether it is actually from Microsoft. Spam reason was: "It has a from address in microsoft.com but has failed microsoft.com's required tests for authentication." I've also received 2 phone calls from South Korea to my mobile phone in Australia. This is super unprofessional if it is actually from MS. If so, you guys really need to get your **** together. And if not, you should try to do something about people operating under your name. Maybe provide an address to forward such spam for investigation by MS?

• Bill VarnerBill Varner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Received another one of these SPAM POS's today. Seriously I have called and emailed at least a dozen people to turn this garbage off

• John BJohn B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of the Azure emails have an unsubscribe mechanism, and so they are in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act in the United States.

Also, an Azure sales rep called my cell phone to try to get me on board. I'm less likely to choose Azure now.

• Maksim LuzikMaksim Luzik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, at least you need to have some kind of subscription page where you can disable this. And add the link in the email you are sending with.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They deliverately made it the most unaccessible feature. Haven't seen soemthing more hidden than that.
        Thanks Rob.

I'm keep getting these annoying azure pricing email!!!
        I'm so sorry i tried their cloud service, I prefer any other cloud service - at least they provide unsubscribe button!!!!!!!!!

I keep getting getting Microsoft News all the time, I did not require it, please delete it from my Email. Regards Thomas Turner

• HarveyHarvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This so frustrating. I deleted my azure account but yet I'm getting emails almost weekly about price and policy changes.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god, please make these emails configurable.

I've blocked them in my mail client, but that has the downside of not being great for service outage notifications.

• Beytan KurtulusBeytan Kurtulus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lowering the credit of your email announcements and giving us the only choice to filter your emails as spam is not an ideal strategy imho.

• Matthew SteeplesMatthew Steeples commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "excuse" is that the emails are notifying us of price changes which they are obliged to do by law. However the majority of these emails do not contain any pricing information, and are usually advertising new features (which in my eyes doesn't count as a change).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base