I suggest you ...

Allow e-mail unsubscribe

I have received three e-mails in one day from azure. One about downtime (I have no services right now), and two advertising features. None of these e-mails have unsubscribe buttons, and I cannot find a way to suppress them in the account page. All contact checkboxes are un-checked.

387 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SuruSuru shared a merged idea: Stop spamming with email announcements that we cannot unsubscribe.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: don't send marketing emails with no unsubscribe links  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop sending emails I can't opt out of  ·   · 

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim CarnicelliJim Carnicelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried out Azure for a few minutes a year or so ago. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to stop receiving these mostly marketing emails about price changes and such. This is not okay.

• ColinCColinC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, after 2 weeks of investigation my Microsoft representative confirm the only way to stop receiving Azure emails was to unsubscribe from all MS communication. I did this and received another Azure email the same day.

MICROSOFT THIS IS ILLEGAL SPAM - STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY!

• Madge JohnsonMadge Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to spend an hour on chat with Microsoft.com about this. You can't just filter it because they send you email from every product in their line! Bing! Office! You name it, they'll spam you with it. The representative literally didn't believe me that it's impossible to unsubscribe. I thought my head would explode. Way to get people to love your brand, Bill Gates. Not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every email I get because I'm a member of a Microsoft Partner organisation or because I once signed up to the Windows Insider program or any other reason that I didn't request that I can't switch off anywhere and doesn't have an unsubscribe facility I'm forwarding to the Australian Communications and Media Authority. For anyone else living in Australia I encourage you to do the same: report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au.

It's a legal requirement for companies doing business in Australia to have an unsubscribe function: http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Marketers/Anti-Spam/Ensuring-you-dont-spam/mandatory-unsubscribe-ability-ensuring-you-dont-spam-i-acma. What Microsoft is doing is illegal.

• Carey GregoryCarey Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tried repeatedly to get myself removed from their mailing list for several years now but to no avail. They completely ignore all unsubscribe requests. They're just cheap spammers now, they know it, but they just don't care. What we're witnessing here is one small example of how Microsoft is working hard to drive their customers away and ensure they have no future.

• XX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They're doing it on purpose. They no longer care about their customers. Microsoft is a bully.

• TorstenTorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is so f...ing annoying. I even opened a ticket a MS for it, and some indian guy showed me several places where to unsubscribe from MS newsletters. I deactivated everything and I still keep getting this damned pricing newsletter!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't care about pricing services and updates. Please all us to remove ourselves.

• NopeNope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been receiving a lot of spam from azure, gmail has become suspicious of them. I wonder whether it is actually from Microsoft. Spam reason was: "It has a from address in microsoft.com but has failed microsoft.com's required tests for authentication." I've also received 2 phone calls from South Korea to my mobile phone in Australia. This is super unprofessional if it is actually from MS. If so, you guys really need to get your **** together. And if not, you should try to do something about people operating under your name. Maybe provide an address to forward such spam for investigation by MS?

• Bill VarnerBill Varner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Received another one of these SPAM POS's today. Seriously I have called and emailed at least a dozen people to turn this garbage off

• John BJohn B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of the Azure emails have an unsubscribe mechanism, and so they are in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act in the United States.

Also, an Azure sales rep called my cell phone to try to get me on board. I'm less likely to choose Azure now.

• Maksim LuzikMaksim Luzik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, at least you need to have some kind of subscription page where you can disable this. And add the link in the email you are sending with.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base