I suggest you ...

Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad.

Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad. They will likely lose new developers to google.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lester Gladwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cyber Crime is becoming the worst form of crime. Every day there are thousands of attacks on personal data of people by hackers. They do it through spreading the virus or giving fake Pop-ups. We need to protect our smartphones from them. See our list of best Antivirus and Security apps.
        https://wguru.org/best-antivirus-apps-for-android/

• AT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.

Still under review Microsoft? Do you care about your developers?
        I feel my only option is to abandon Azure and waste the many years I've spent learning the Microsoft and Azure stack.

Suggestions:
        -Allow users to use the free credits over 12 or 6 or even 3 months.
        -Or return to your previous offer with free monthly credits for a year.
        -Or offer SSL on the shared plan. (sites without SSL are not an option)

Others have mentioned Microsoft Free websites and the Bizspark program:

Microsoft's free websites are for testing only, they don't allow custom domains or SSL and are therefore useless for anything other than testing. The Shared plan also has no SSL, sites without SSL are not an option.

You have to spend about £50-£60/pm for a basic site with custom domain and SSL. Good value for money? I don't think so...

The Bizspark program is no longer accepting applications, the only way to get onto the program is if you get picked up by one of the partners/incubators/investors. And if that's the case, you probably have something very good and would be offered funding for any platform you wanted anyway...

Come on Microsoft! I really hope you can review your current offers and make Azure a better choice.

Thanks

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google has almost no technical support so you get what you pay for. If you want to play and not get help, use Google. If you want commercial grade systems with technical support, use Azure.

Do your homework though, there are MANY horror stories of people losing everything on Google because they can't contact someone to help them understand what is happening.

Feedback and Knowledge Base