Storage Explorer doesn't support "double" MFA prompts
I am having a problem with logging in with MFA accounts.
My company have enabled MFA on my Azure AD account, a code is sent to my phone.
Now I'm working for a client which have their own Azure AD, the have enforced MFA for the externals (me) and given me access to their Azure Subscription.
This means, when using a browser, I have to:
1. Login to my employers AD, wait for the SMS code to be sent.
2. Enter my received code. Logged in.
3. Go to the Azure Portal, switch to my clients Subscription.
4. Because my client has enforced MFA, I have to re-enter my credentials, wait for a new SMS code.
5. Enter my received code, and I'm in.
Now, in the Storage Explorer, step 5 fails.
What happens is:
1. I add my account in Storage Explorer
2. Enter my credentials, wait for the SMS code
3. I enter my SMS code in the dialog, Storage Explorer says "Waiting for authentication..."
4. Another SMS code arrives to my phone (presumably my clients MFA enforcement)
5. Here's where it fails. Storage Explorer just sits there, "Waiting for authentication..."
6. Eventually it silently time outs and fail (without any error message)
I am expecting the possibility to enter the 2nd MFA code, which never happens.
Magnus Johansson commented
Update: Switching from SMS verification to Microsoft Authenticator App, and setting app notification as the preferred method, it works. (Getting two notifications that I can approve)