I suggest you ...

Improve information in email communications

I received 3 notifications referencing 3 different subscriptions IDs for the TLS / PCI compliance adjustment.

None of them match the Azure subscription information for our organization or associated with my ID.

I've communicated this to MS a few times in the past, and it is better (before, they lacked any identifying information on some of the notifications). But ideally, it would be nice to have the Azure subscription Name & ID listed. And if you're emailing all owners listed on a subscription, have them all cc'd on the same mail as that'll give us hints as well in situations where clients have poorly named subscriptions.

Thanks.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Fedor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Kimberly Bolton responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you attach a copy of the email you are talking about? We can then match it to an existing template and see what needs to be adjusted.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Fedor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not seeing an attach option, but here's the body of it. If you want to provide your email address, I can attach it in a reply.
        Thanks.

Subject:
        Azure App Service to comply with TLS requirements

Body:

AWARENESS

Azure App Service to maintain compliance with TLS requirements
        Dear Azure customer,
        You’re receiving this email because you have an App Service app and we want to let you know about upcoming security improvements we’re making for PCI compliance. The PCI Security Standards Council announced that PCI-compliant websites must transition from TLS version 1.0 to TLS 1.1 or higher by June 30, 2018.
        What is App Service?
        App Service is a service to rapidly build, deploy, and scale enterprise-grade web, mobile, and API apps running on any platform. Meet rigorous performance, scalability, security and compliance requirements while using a fully-managed platform.
        What this means for you:
        • By April 30, 2018:
        o Through the Azure portal and Azure Resource Manager templates, you’ll be able to select the minimum-required TLS version (1.1 or 1.2) for your app.
        o We’ll configure App Service apps to require only newer TLS versions (1.1 and 1.2)—two months before the required date.
        • After June 30, 2018, all newly created App Service apps will be automatically configured to require TLS 1.2. You’ll still retain the option to configure earlier TLS versions for your apps, if necessary, for compatibility with older browser clients.
        Questions or concerns? Please contact us on the App Service forum or on Stack Overflow.

Thank you,
        Your Azure team

Account Information
        Subscription Id: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Privacy Statement
        Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

Feedback and Knowledge Base