I suggest you ...

Allowing changing of port 445 so I can access Azure File Storage using Comcast

When I try to map to a network share in Azure File Storage I get an "Error 53" message. I'm using Comcast and it seems port 445 is being blocked by them. I'd like to roll this feature out to mobile users (many use Comcast or residential internet) and we can't realistically ask them to call their ISP and make a change. I could use a VPN I suppose but this would defeat the purpose of easily hosting the files in Azure.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Azure User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is Microsoft not working with ISP's to get past outdated security concerns that impact access to Azure services?

• Chris Little commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with ISP blocking these ports this would be wonderful to have a workaround without the need for azure file sync

Chris Little | Architect
        Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comcast Business and Xfinity Home both block all traffic on port 445. Plenty of other ISPs do as well, Microsoft even maintains a list of which ISPs block which ports. MS needs to add the ability for Azure and Windows to use alternate port numbers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Azure and Comcast don't care - the file share thing is a waste of time given MOST ISPs block port 445 - Microsoft obviously knows...

Feedback and Knowledge Base