I suggest you ...

Recovery Services Azure to Azure between different regions

Hello ! At this moment we can fail over in "Azure to Azure" model only between region's locations. For example if source resource group is located in West Europe we cannot use USA as a target location. Six months ago or more there was a disaster fail of a whole region - unfortunately, I don't remember what was it. However, you will find this event in Azure event logs on the portal. I kindly ask Azure backend team - would you be so kind modify "Azure to Azure" mode and include different regions for target and resource groups please ? We need this feature for our project very much as soon, as possible because we need to implement this feature on our production site as our client insists only on using of different regions.
I'm opened for any discussions, so please do not hesitate and contact me if you need. If you need any details or help in testing please contact me - I'm ready to spend extra time for this case.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Andrey Vishnikin.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrey VishnikinAndrey Vishnikin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ponnappan ArumuganainarPonnappan Arumuganainar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for sharing this idea and feedback. Would love to dig deeper on this feedback. There are few possible ways this can be achieved today and additional platform support might be needed, depending on the use cases. Can we sync to understand the use cases?

Thanks,
        Ponnappan

Feedback and Knowledge Base