I suggest you ...

Allow Startup Owners to configure Bizspark credits among their team members.

Microsoft's Bizspark idea is an wonderful concept to support new start-ups. I had the opportunity of talking to a support guy who had given me the details of the offer. But I have a slight difference on the subject. Now Microsoft wants that more users be members of the program where by each organization can have 5 members each given a $150 credit. But first point here is most of the members may not need that kind of a credit. Second the start-up as a whole which wants to have a production server to host their website. Then in that case none of the five members of the organization will have the capacity to host the server in their account. A startup may require atleast 2 to 3 servers with some kind of a backup strategy employed to start with. So when this is not possible then how can you retain the startup company on your environment because it becomes as good as any other paid hosting service. So ultimately the statups might find the Bizspark program not meeting their requirement you may not be able to retain them.

My suggestion here is you can give credits to members of the start-up team. But make its limit configurable by the team admin who can control how the credits are distributed among the members. This will solve the problem and make the program a really fruitful one.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    E. Jayarajan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base