Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael HermanMichael Herman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony DongTony Dong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waiting for update information now, hopes end of this year, we can have it in Canada.

• Chris Pat SamChris Pat Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft -- How about an update as to when the Canadian data center (Toronto and/or Quebec City) will open? We too are holding off decisions based on availability in Canada. Monthly updates would be a good thing !

• ReneRene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to get a timeline for the rollout to Canada? We're making a decision on hosting for a system that must be PIPEDA and PIPPA compliant very soon.

• KathleenKathleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the lowering of the Canadian Dollar - purchasing Azure servers in US dollars has almost doubled in the last year. When is this being hosted in Canada?

• Gonzalo ParraGonzalo Parra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Microsoft has not even touched the subject since that press release back in June... would be nice to have a little more info about when is this coming...

• Tara ZieminekTara Zieminek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really tough to sell SaaS to a large Canadian client (government, oil, etc.) if you tell them that their data will reside outside the country. Canadian hosting is critically important if Microsoft wants Canadian developers to use Azure.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check THIS out!! http://reimagine.microsoft.ca/en-ca/ (re: Azure coming to Toronto)

"MICROSOFT CLOUD TO TOUCH DOWN IN CANADA
        Locally deployed Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online will help power Canadian business

Toronto, June 2, 2015 – Microsoft today announced plans to deliver commercial cloud services from Canada. Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online will be delivered from Toronto and Quebec City in 2016, further strengthening Microsoft’s footprint in Canada’s competitive cloud landscape."

...Timing is "early 2016"

• RagiRagi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Robin - we would be happy to help you as we are an Office365 reseller with Azure in our own data centre located in Canada. We pride ourselves in data sovereignty and have been providing Microsoft hosting solutions for 10 years. Feel free to email us at sales@cloud8.ca.

• Robin PersaudRobin Persaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am testing Office 365 for a customer and am sad to see that there are no Canadian data centers.

This is a deal-breaker for the client, as accounting and legal policies affecting the client preclude storing company data outside Canada. As a result, my client has shot down Office 365.

You have, again, left money on the table.

• Alan MAlan M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hosting is needed in Canada, regardless of the patriot act. Central, West, and East locations would be fantastic.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base