I suggest you ...

Provide azure P2S VPN client for Linux

We need to have azure P2S VPN client for Linux machines, currently it is available only for windows. When managing a large set of VMs running in linux, we prefer using Linux control machine, and we currently don't have option to use P2S VPN setup in li nux. Im sure this feature will help lot of projects in linux taking advantage of Azure migratons

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Satheeshkumar Manoharan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of us who use Azure as a platform to learn networking (something the UI and portal have proved invaluable for, especially when compared against AWS's reliably complicated interface) the lack of this feature is a big deal. I've been using Azure to build my networking skills for over a year now, and up until I started to tackle setting up P2S VPN connections to Azure, I hadn't considered moving to AWS at all.

I collect old computers and format their drives in such a way as to prevent myself from inadvertently accessing someone else's personal data. I'm early in my career, and frankly I cannot afford windows licenses for all of these client devices. I install various flavors of Linux on these, primarily because they are free.

As of now, it seems like people in my position have two options: deal with the potential for man-in-the-middle attacks as we continue to send my private keys across the internet, or to switch to AWS. I personally don't want to do that for a couple of reasons.

Feedback and Knowledge Base