(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad.

Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad. They will likely lose new developers to google.

317 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • DO NOT DELETE SERVICES IMMEDIATELY WHEN A SUBSCRIPTION RUNS OUT

see [REG:115031012492134] support reference for full history of this issue

Hi,
      It would be great if you could answer the following questions:
      1) Please show me where on the azure web site that it states that cloud services are auto deleted immediately if a subscription is disabled for any reason.
      2) Please let me know if you also delete cloud services automatically without warning “by design” if a credit card expires or fails dues to funds shortage or the like?
      3) Why do you want to seriously annoy your customers by designing your system like this????? That is a ridiculous…

125 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • make azure available in Cambodia.

you should make azure available in Cambodia. I think there are some students or people want to explore and use it.

63 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Windows Azure is commercially available in the following 84 countries, and this is not one of them. Learn more here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/faq/

We are adding more countries as we can, but in the meantime if you wish to use the service in an unsupported country, you’ll need to use one of several third party providers which front the Azure Subscriptions for organizations in unsupported countries. Just keep in mind that those providers are not MSFT so perform due-diligence to make sure any vendor you select is reputable.

Thanks for understanding.

• Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

31 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Open a DataCenter in Chile

Chile is a growing market. Google has a data center here and the communications infrastructure for the cities is good. If you build it they will come ! the Internet providers here still charge a premium for international traffic, ignoring the fact that they are thieves, I believe a having Azure/Office 365 presence in Chile would generate interest in the service. We are testing n Brazil, but the lack of some services and the use of international traffic is a big problem for our plans.. We are a Gold Partner interested in migrating an existing online service to Azure but…

19 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Easy invoice management (especially for many subscriptions)

It would be nice to have one list of all invoices. It is important especially in case where there are many subscriptions within one account.
              And this list should have invoice title on it, now there are only dates.
              Now it is very hard to find invoice using invoice title (using bank statement)

16 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This is one of the many improvements our development team is hoping to include in future iterations of our product. I can’t guarantee that we have the resources to get this done any time soon, but it definitely should be in the pipeline.

-Adam (Azure Billing Team)

• Make Price calculator Touch / Ipad compatible

Wanted to get a pricing estimate from my iPad and could not

11 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Offer missing services in Brazil (Recovery, RDSH template, etc.)

As a South American company working with 'old style' internet providers that have differing bandwidths or fees for 'nternational' traffic. The more services we can get near our location the better.

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Improvements to Azure pricing calculator

Pricing spreadsheets are now deprecated, the new calculator is in "preview" but isn't really usable, especially for large models. I'm using the channel version https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/channel/

Some suggestions:
                    - allow use of "work" email addresses
                    - if there are hard limits on items then make it simple to add multiples (e.g. if disk is only available up to max of 5000Gb then allow choosing a number of identical disks)
                    - allow sharing of estimates with others OR allow import of exported estimates. Large deals will always have multiple people working collaboratively, the calculator simply does not allow this and suggesting exporting…

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      6 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add find a dc on east Europe/west Asia

People that live on west Asia or east Europe don't have enough close DC's to connect to.
                      Please add one on that places.

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        under review  ·  0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • "Azure Services by Region" Chart needs to be printer-friendly

"Azure Services by Region" is a useful chart (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/#services) and I'd like to print it out and pin it on my wall for reference.

Unfortunately, it is NOT printer-friendly on IE/Edge or Chrome browser. Please fix ASAP!

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add print button to documentation

At this point, Print Preview of the page has parts of the header text overlaying the document. In order to print, one need to select the page text (without the headings) and print selected text only.

A print button would certainly be nice.

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Improve Azure Scheduler to handle many schedules to a single job.

Here is a real situation that is not well covered by the current Azure Scheduler.

I am writing an application that deals with weekly selective lotteries (lotteries where you select n number from m). Typically the draw of this type lottery happen once or twice a week. My application monitors absolutely all the existing lotteries in a given country. It will cover the countries of US and Canada initially. The type of lottery I am talking about is managed at the state level (province level in Canada). The US has 50 states and Canada has 10 province. Each state or…

9 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              under review  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Thank you for your feedback. A Scheduler job is defined as an Action with a scheduled recurrence. If you want an action to fire at multiple different schedules then you would need multiple jobs. That being said, it is possible to create a complex schedule on a job that may satisfy your needs. For example, if you have a lottery drawing that occurs twice a week on Monday and Friday at 10:00pm you can create a single complex schedule that would fire at those times.
                              Also note that you can create up to 500 Standard jobs before exceeding a single Standard unit cost of $13.99.

Thanks,
                              Kevin

• Add PowerShell support for managing autoscale

I'd like to be able to manage autoscaling my web app from an Azure Automation runbook. A PowerShell interface to manage autoscale settings would be extremely useful for this.

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Improve information in email communications

I received 3 notifications referencing 3 different subscriptions IDs for the TLS / PCI compliance adjustment.

None of them match the Azure subscription information for our organization or associated with my ID.

I've communicated this to MS a few times in the past, and it is better (before, they lacked any identifying information on some of the notifications). But ideally, it would be nice to have the Azure subscription Name & ID listed. And if you're emailing all owners listed on a subscription, have them all cc'd on the same mail as that'll give us hints as well in situations…

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  under review  ·  Kimberly Bolton responded

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you attach a copy of the email you are talking about? We can then match it to an existing template and see what needs to be adjusted.

• Please add PAYG prices column right next to the Commitment Unit Price

When I need to calculate and quote an offer to my customer I've to switch between the EA portal and the PAYG calculator and then to understand what exactly does the customer want and how does the service listed (BTW - you really need to do something with the naming convention) in my prices sheet.

Please add a column of PAYG prices right next to the Commitment Unit Price so it will be easier for us.

Thank

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • AWS vs Azure Security Features Comparison

Following link lists down a comparison of AWS vs Azure Services.

https://goo.gl/Nu78dG

It would be great if you can list down a features comparison as per each offering i.e.

Azure vs AWS (WAF, LB, DDoS, CloudHSM etc.) security features.

Note: Once again, I am specifically requesting for a comparison of features not services ?

Thanks

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • I can't even sign up for a trial account because I live in the Cayman Islands.

Microsoft sucks. I am a Canadian. I live in the Cayman Islands. My Microsoft Account has it's region bound to Canada. My credit cards are in the Cayman Islands. I can't change my billing address. The trial page will only accept Canadian credit cards. I called a bunch of different Microsoft departments and have been given the run around non stop. Everyone just keeps passing the buck and no one knows what is going on. Good job on blocking out an entire country.

Hello Amazon, here I come!!

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Windows Azure is commercially available in the following 84 countries, and this is not one of them. Learn more here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/faq/

We are adding more countries as we can, but in the meantime if you wish to use the service in an unsupported country, you’ll need to use one of several third party providers which front the Azure Subscriptions for organizations in unsupported countries. Just keep in mind that those providers are not MSFT so perform due-diligence to make sure any vendor you select is reputable.

Thanks for understanding.

• api reference between service and location status

Right now I have to call hosted service, get the location then run over the RSS calls and filter through to see if the service/location had any issues. These two should be related and the value of a locations service issues but valid from inside the service call.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base