(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. office 365 group expiration

Within the Office 365 Group Expiration setup there should be a way to set it such that all groups *except* specific ones are subject to the expiration setting. As it stands now it's the other way around; all groups or only the selected ones. In an environment where users are permitted to created their own groups (something I was told even Microsoft allows) you really need the expiration feature enabled by default. But there are certainly use cases where as an admin you will want specific groups exempted from this setting.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create the ability to remove or change inherited permissions at the resource group level.

We have a managed service provider and some customers that need a degree of permissions at the subscription level. There are several resource groups that I do not want them to have the same level of access they have at the subscription level. For instance, I would like to remove them from the Azure Automation RG or provide them read level access to our OS image folder.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For each resource creation save the date and the user

Usually when you create a resource you do not know when was created and by whom, the information in logs is available only for a determined period of time and then lost, that is something that will be very helpful to include in the Overview section.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent Creation of Classic Machine Learning Web Services so Tags can be Enforced

Prevent Creation of Legacy Machine Learning Workspace Commitment Plans and classic web services so Tags can be Enforced.

Our organization sets a Tag policy on resource groups so that newly created resources within that resource group will inherit tags. The main tag is 'Department Code', and is used for Chargeback for resource usage. Any Machine Learning 'classic' web services, that were created using the Machine Learning Studio portal will be created outside of the standard tagged resource group and thus, will not inherit standard tags used for Chargeback.

We also need a migration method for existing classic web services to…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Application gateway should have the capability to store certificate in Azure Key Vault

Currently Application gateway does not store certificate in Azure Key Vault. We believe that Application gateway should have the capability to do that. This will give customer more control over their certificate than saving it in Microsofts encrypted storage.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make DNS CAA records visible and manageable through the Azure web portal

Currently these records can only be managed with Powershell, CLI or API.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow firewall rules on Azure SQL DB to be removed via ARM templates

Currently it seems that because the firewall rules for an Azure SQL DB are just proxy resources in an ARM template that you can not remove them via this mechanism. If you remove them from the ARM template, they are not removed from the Azure SQL DB resource. This means that it is not possible to properly source control the configuration as the source controlled configuration can differ from reality. I think it is vital to allow people to properly manage the Azure SQL DB as code that you work allow the rules to be removed via the ARM template.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add support for Remote Desktop to the Azure Application Gateway

Add Azure Application Gateway (With WAF) support for RD Gateway traffic.

Currently I can only route traffic for RD Web through the application gateway. It would be useful if I could route all RD traffic through the application gateway and not have to have multiple public IPs and Traffic Manager profiles and split RD Broker/Web and RD Gateway traffic.

At the moment I can't even route RD Gateway traffic through Application Gateway even with WAF disabled.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SQLCMD Unexplained behaviour returning output starting with square brackets

complete explanation at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/b0c08c5d-a6aa-4ec7-9b54-87807cf81548/sql-server-2012-sqlcmd-unexplained-behaviour-returning-output-containing-square-brackets-?forum=sqltools

Basically, SQLCMD does not behave the same way since SQL 2012 when a message starts with an opening bracket.
    The following command returns an empty string when previous version returned the entire text:
    sqlcmd -b -E -S -Q "RAISERROR('[A][B][C]',10,1)"
    this one removes the firs value between brackets:
    sqlcmd -b -E -S -Q "RAISERROR('[A] [B][C]',10,1)"

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When moving a resource

When moving a resource (or resource group) to a new subscription.
    ask for real movement after the validation, this would enable a dry test upfront for planning

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add slider bar

Add slider bar in Choose VM Size pane in portal.azure.com when you do View all so you don't get the whole sha-bang all the time

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Azure Cosmos DB should support static columns

Cosmos DB can be used with Cassandra API but it is not possible to create table with static columns. Cosmos DB should support static columns.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. assign Security Group to Authentication Method

Add the option to assign a security group to specific authentication methods.
    i.e, Security Group "Azure Security Question" can be assigned to the Security Question authentication method. So that only objects in the group are given the Security Question method.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. B2B invitation status

Azure Active Directory B2B account.

Now there isn't possiblity to generate report, if B2B user has activated account or not. It would be good to have feature to list not activated users from administrative perspective. Example when doing acocunt clean up.

There are fields in profile like Source which contain Invited user or Resend invitation button is visible. Those indicates if user hasn't activated invitation.

Or even have automatic removal on directory, if invitation hasn't been approved within X days, B2B account is removed automatically. As if account hasn't been activated, it cannot be used anywhere.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Subscription Owners to Filter VMs by Service Principals

Currently, I don't see any way to filter resources (either in the UI or via the CLI) in such a way that I can see what any given Service Principal has on the subscription. This is important for me, as I've got multiple Principals which are each tied to a different user, and I'd like to be able to have insight into what sort of resources & usage each user on my Subscriptions are consuming.

It would be very useful to have this in both the UI for quick checks, as well as in the CLI so reports can be…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add description field to NSG Rule

It would be nice to have a way to describe the reason for a given NSG rule.

This would greatly simplify, for instance, bookkeeping for PCI DSS 3.1 item 1.1.6 which demands a business notification for each NSG rule.

Name field allows 80 chars but type description there is just not the right thing. Specially when you need to refer to a given rule while using CLI tools. Huge plus if it appears as a column while listing rules.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to view Support plans in the Azure Portal

The support plans to be able to be viewed in Azure Portal. When monthly statements get sent out support plans are unable to have the statement attached in PDF form automatically. This needs to be added.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. enable Azure MFA server to accept RADIUS attribute 31 for trusted IP evaluation.

Currently the RADIUS client must send the authenticating user's IP address via attribute 66 for Azure MFA RADIUS server to correctly evaluate trusted IP addresses. It would be tremendously helpful if that was configurable so that an admin could select a different RADIUS attribute (such as 31) for trusted IP evaluation. We use a NetScaler gateway and it will currently only send RADIUS attribute 31 (Calling-Station-Id) to the RADIUs server. Quick fix I presume!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories