(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 请问这里的论坛可以支持中文吗?

请问论坛可以支持中文吗?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email notice before design change

We really need an email notice before design change in Azure. Last time when TLS 1.0/1.1 without SNI parameters became non-available, there were no email notice and that caused lots of troubles on customers. There was an notice on Azure updates page, but I think it was not enough to let people know the design change. Please consider the email notice before design change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PostgreSQL: Ability to customize log_line_prefix for Azure PostgreSQL

Customer's current configuration in their environment and it’s been helpful to help tracing, troubleshooting and reporting.

log_line_prefix = '%m:%r:%a:%u@%d:[%p]: ' # special values:

# %a = application name

# %u = user name

# %d = database name

# %r = remote host and port

# %h = remote host

# %p = process ID

# %t = timestamp without milliseconds

# %m = timestamp with milliseconds

# %n = timestamp with milliseconds (as a Unix epoch)

# %i = command tag

# %e = SQL state

# %c = session ID

# %l = session line number

# %s…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Azure MFA Server on Prem - Show phone extension no matter what method is selected

If any other method besides phone call is selected in the user portal as the primary method, users are not presented with an extension number entry field. This means that if a user wants to have multiple options for account recovery and wishes to change a phone number, they would be required to select phone call as their primary method, change the phone number and then remember to go back and change their method to the desired primary method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Docker run --add-cap=NET_ADMIN --device /dev/net/tun

I have a logic app using "Create container group" to run a Docker image containing a openvpn client. The client connects to a remote server on a custom non-azure-datacenter.

For the openvpn to work I need to be able to specify the following docker command to be used in "Create container group":

docker run --add-cap=NET_ADMIN --device /dev/net/tun

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Preliminary validation of functional supported region

If I deploy some preview features in unsupported region, I will be able to deploy with fail. I hope Portal or Powershell notice me in advance whether the region is supported or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Connect my Azure desktop like VMware VDI through VPN

Regards, If I have a VPN from my corporate network to my Azure environment, would I be able to start a virtual desktop directly from the Azure environment? NOT VIA RDP, but like any virtualization software that does today. e.g. VMware VDI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow tenant admins to manage Enterprise State Roaming data

Allow tenant admins to manage/delete/clear Enterprise State Roaming data. Furthermore allow users to manage their own data, e.g. managing Wi-Fi profiles/networks etc.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Correct a tiny typo: "Laern more with Windows 10 IoT Core" https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/digital-twins/

I was a little surprised that your spell check didn't catch this: Laern. Maybe it means something in another language. :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. meer *****

ik zat dus laast op u google site en zag dat als ik ***** op zocht kreeg ikte veel ***** en dus wil ik meer dus daroom wil ik ***** op de computer als voorgestelde sites

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. meer *****

ik zat dus laast op u google site en zag dat als ik ***** op zocht kreeg ikte veel ***** en dus wil ik meer dus daroom wil ik ***** op de computer als voorgestelde sites

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable encryption for Ubuntu 18.04 VM

Please implements Ubuntu 18.04 LTS disk encryption.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SSMS - Add temporary names or labels to query windows.

The names of the query windows are always the same. For ex: SQLQuery01.sql, SQLQuery02.sql .. SQLQueryXX.sql. When too many windows are open, names are mangled. Can we give the windows a temporary name? Instant tags without the need to save.

Also. More tabs can be accessed if the tabs can be reduced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure Identity Protection risky-sign in configuration

Azure AD Administrators should be able to configure / enable or disable Risky sign-in rules. In some environment some rule might be irrelevant or it could require some tuning or categorization change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create default folders on temporary storage (D) - example sql temp location

Lots of customers wondering why tempory storage (D) is even present.
    I created a script that will create folders upon start up prior to start of SQL services if not already present..
    It would be nice if some standard named folders where already present after longer period after shutdown/reboot of server.

That way we could actually use the drive for something good.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Microsoft Azure203x(Azure Virtual Networks)Certificate NOT RECEIVED for over 4 Months.

It is with disappointment that I write to inform that after receiving a voucher from "Fast Lane LIVE <info@fastlane.live>",15th May 2018 on passing Microsoft Azure 203x(Microsoft Virtual Networks) and the voucher validated on 16th May 2018 at "https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/voucher&quot; and "https://cloudsociety.learning.microsoft.com/oauth2/authorize/confirm", I haven't received my certificate till date. I have contacted both ITLS and Fastlane in a series of emails and they informed that they have escalated the issue on several occasions with dates like 3rd June 2018 and 23rd Oct.2018 significant where I concluded that they are totally helpless. I am not happy. On…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. No option to Change Os Disk Size for Redhat

As a redhat user we are facing issue with default size of redhat. Please provide a way to provision disk change size option at time of creating redhat new server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Redhat Hardened Machine Image

Hi Azure,

It's tough for every Linux user to the hardened machine for compliance purpose. Why it is not possible for Redhat and Microsoft to get an image which is already hardened by Redhat according to any compliance. It would be great for the financial company to get those image and deploy instantly rather invest your time on hardening each and everything on redhat machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a 32bit Azure VM agent to support legacy OS

is there a 32bit vm agent for legacy OS (2003,2008). i have spent 2 sleepless nights deploying a simple 2008 standard 32 bit Vm in Azure. the situation is so bad that a basic start/stop operation (yes even via powershell) takes 45 minutes !!! .. not acceptable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mentioned the Gzip compressed data limitation in the document.

We need info such as what max compressed size data can be processed by Stream Analytics using GZip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base