(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure MFA needs anti-phishing features such as include location details and notification to users about new devices

Users can sometimes approve MFA notifications on their device because they do not know whether it is their device authenticating or a hacker who has phished their credentials. Therefore, to help users know why they are being asked to accept authentication include additional details such as the application name, IP address and location in the MFA prompt. Apple includes the location and a map of the location in their own two-factor implementation.

Additionally, users should be notified with an email any time a new device is used to authenticate to their account.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear the web app from the dashboard when it's been deleted.

I had one stick around for several minutes after it had been deleted. I had several things with similar names and tried to cleanup. When I clicked on the deleted one azure knew it was deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SignalR Azure- Connection limit

Right now SiganlR Azure PasS environemnt is supporting only 1000 connections.We need minimum of 10,000 connections. When will you increase the number of connections supported?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gamelift for azure

I think it would be nice to add a service to easily manage game server like aws gamelift.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add alerting capabilities to SQL Elastic Job Agent

As a SQL DBA, I would like SQL Elastic Job Agent to send email or webhook alert when a job fails, retries, starts, or finished.

Integration with Azure Monitor would be preferred.

Thank you!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow locking the datalake down for global administrators

make it so that someone that is a global administrator doesn't have access by default to the data lakes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server OAUTH TOTP Token SHA Version Support

The Microsoft Docs for Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server needs to be updated to indicate that only SHA-1 OAUTH TOTP tokens are supported, or support for SHA-256 tokens needs to be included in a future update for the software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow hard disk removal from replicated VM on ASR

In ASR, once a VM is protected, you can not remove a hard disk from the on premise VM without doing a reportect. Could be great if the no longer used hard disk could just be removed from protection/replication

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Permission for activity logs for enterprise application

Standard users who are owners for an enterprise application in azure cannot view activity logs or audit logs. They have to be a global admin or other account type in order to view them. It would be benificial for users to just see the logs for the application alone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add configuration options for MTU and/ore MSS on VPN connections

At the moment there are no configuration options for MTU or MSS values on MS Azure vpn gateways.
    It would be great to see such options in the future

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Speech to text Japanese

I'm working with an enterprise customer in Tokyo, Japan. It shows interesting in speech to text service and want to know when Japanese will be supported. Is language support roadmap available?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a Webapp connect to a VNet using CLI

Right now it appears that the only way to allow VNet integration with a webapp is by using the Networking section on portal.azure.com. This feature should also be available in the azure cli, since many other webapp config settings are allowed to be changed or modified from the azure cli.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide the ability to whitelist clients/IPs and bypass the pre-authentication for API access

We have determined that we can open up certain API endpoints to bypass the pre-authentication of the app proxy, by creating additional app proxies for each API endpoint, but this opens up the access to ALL connections. We need to be able to open up access to certain applications for API call reasons but provide a little more security around it by only whitelisting certain IPs.

The end goal would be to have a single application proxy in Azure for a particular on-prem application which does pre-authentication and MFA for all normal users. Then, provide a whitelist of IP addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How to Incremental deploy SqlDatabase via ARM template

If I have deployed the database In Azure through ARM template. but after deploy need to change the structure of the database due to business needs.But since the password is with the customer, how can I deploy the database incrementally through the ARM Template if I only know the subscription ID and customer domain?
    My purpose is to be able to change the database structure after deployment, but the original data will not be lost

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. what result will be when I change the data when file server is syncing by Azure File Sync?

Hi, I have a question for Azure File Sync.
    If I changing the data in the file server that which is syncing by Azure File Sync, what the result will be.
    A: Can it synchronous the change data in the same folder?
    B: Is it will make another folder? If it will how about the new folder's name?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to point to external DNS server within Azure do O365 traffic will still work over express route when main internet link goes down

In the event an organisations primary internet link goes down they loseconnectivity to an external Internet Name resolution server which impacts O365 traffic over Express Route as external DNS names cannot be resolved. This defeats one of the purposes of a dedicated Express Route link over a separate piece of fibre from the Internet link.
    If an external DNS server can be used within Azure O365 traffic would still work over Express Route when Internet link is offline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Logic App and SFTP connection

Hello everyone,
    I followed the link in order to create new step to get SFTP connection to copy files: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/connectors/connectors-sftp-ssh

And it is not possible after entering all required values and clicking in Create button, the message is always the same: Private key is invalid ...

So, I verified my credentials using WinSCP and it works.
    Please, let me know if this feature is still in progress.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Webpage azure subscription amendment

I suggest that you include the information on the web-page that 3rd party cookies are needed – OR a better solution is not to use 3rd party cookies at all. Was not able to make any adjustments without accepting 3rd party cookies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow aligning fault domains and update domains in an availability set

In certain cases I want to manage the availability of data replicas across a cluster of machines, and can endure more downtime for greater predictability of the nature of downtime.
    An example is Kafka, where I can handle a large portion of machines going down so long as I can make predictions of how they'll be correlated so I can plan how I lay out topic partitions to keep a majority of partitions up.

With the way availability sets are currently set up, I can limit my downtime in case of a fault, or in case of an upgrade, but…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base