(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug in selection subscription when creating azure storage in visual studio 2015

When Creating a new azure storage inside visual studio, it's impossible to select the correct subscriptino if you have multiple. I have my own bozspark and 2 subscriptions from customers. They are all listed as bizspark with no further detail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option analysis training

Option analysis training from http://www.delhitrainingcourses.com/learn-options-trading.htm will provide you indepth knowledge of future and option trading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure platform for MS Partners

We are a MS Partner and, even if we have the right to use MS products, including Office 365 and Azure products, this does not apply to Azure services that are only linked to the PRIVATE LIVE ID that is used to manage the MS Partnership. This is crazy and does not give partners the chance to test and sell Azure platform and services. This is a benefit of being a partner but it is only given to the individual Live ID. all other services, including Office 365, Azure AD Basic, etc... are available to the organization, but not Microsoft…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Getting certificate error when navigating to https://azure.microsoft.com/

getting certificate error everytime i navigate to azure.microsoft.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fix all the broken links from azure to the documentation

Currently a lot of the documentation links from manage.windowsazure.com and google search results for documentation on Azure go to pages that very helpfully notify the user that "This topic is no longer available". it would be great if these pages could at least contain Links to where the information is now found.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have an Elastic DB Pool, and attempted to resize my eDTU performance level from 100 to 200. This has taken hours and still reports as "Up

I have an Elastic DB Pool, and attempted to resize my eDTU performance level from 100 to 200. This has taken hours and still reports as "Updating...".

I know that this is still preview, so maybe that is it. It also appears that there is an issue in East US 2 with Network Infrastructure and Storage so maybe that is the problem. Or maybe I ran into a new bug that the engineering team needs to be made aware of....

Not sure, but thought I'd report it,

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Management Studio

To Whom It May Concern,

Why is the Azure Management Platform always so ridiculously slow. I simply wanted to add my current IP to be able to do some work and it's taking 30 minutes just to pull up your web site. If you cannot fix this, I'll have no choice but to switch to Amazon. I simply do not understand why this is the problem. I realize you have a lot of customers but budget for it in your network. I'm trying to work from outside my desk and I cannot wait hours to get through pages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better, more independent, explanation of which services are PCI-DSS Compliant

The Azure AOC lists Platform Services as being PCI-DSS Compliant, however there is no explanation of which services are included in that term, e.g Web Apps, Storage, Azure SQL etc.

I realise the Trust Centre (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/support/trust-center/services/) provides a list of which Azure services are PCI-DSS Compliant, however our QSA did not accept this. The reason being that the content is under Microsoft's control and as such there is no proof that the content has been verified by the QSA - Neohapsis in this case.

I would suggest the AOC explicitly defines the term Platform Services.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Import bacpac locally should be 1 click experience

If one wants to create a copy of a deployed database on his local Sql Server 2014 he needs to be prepared for quite a process described here -

http://sql-articles.com/articles/azure/issues-restoring-sql-azure-bacpac-due-to-querystorestalequerythreshold/

But this MUST be a 1 click experience!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. update the getting started video with the correct free-trial period

Bug: on the Getting Started video, it shows that the free trial period is for 3 months when in reality, the current portal is showing 1 month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a UI for graphical method for creating cloud environment and architecture

I would like to see a graphical interface which allows me to 'drag and drop' icons representing servers or cloud services, use Visio like line connectors to connect, add devices like firewalls in a Visio like drawing which then creates the corresponding PowerShell build script which when executed generates the virtual network, the servers etc. Think of it like a Visio drawing program where I can do a reference architecture by dropping Azure icons on a page, connecting them up with appropriate connectors, and by virtue of that it creates a topology and architecture and spins it up. I do…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Increase IUR credits

Current IUR rights credits are essentially useless since you can't maintain a demo system and you can't combine it with a real credit card. Currently, when the IUR Credit runs out, you have to shut down and start over the next month.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I wonder if this has anything to do with Last Fm SpotifyoutubearugatesurfacebookmicrosoftmcMusicHallofFAmerican Oxygen by Rhianna

I wonder if this has anything to do with Last Fm SpotifyoutubepandabearugatesurfacebookmicrosoftmcMusicHallofFAmerican Oxygen by Rhianna

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allowing a filtered view of users/groups that are granted access to Azure Applications

Currently, when you go to the Azure page for assigning users/groups to an Application (Active Directory / Applications), you can only filter by users or groups. You don't have an easy way to view assigned users or assigned groups. If you do a full search, and there are > 100 results, you need to change the search criteria. So, no easy method in the web interface to determine which groups or users have access to an application, which makes it hard to update the password or settings if necessary or verify which people have access, etc.

If you look at…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Detailed description about each service

we need detailed information regarding each of the services without any need to google it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New feature

Also if you suspend a account you can't submit a ticket regarding that account been suspended. Kind of a oversight a button with you owe $***.xx please click here to pay and reactivate your subscription would be a handy feature to add. Considering I've spent 3 hours on the phone and got no where.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allows me to send push notifications to as many tags as i want.

From what I understand from the documentation I can only push notifications to 20 tags at a time. This means that for my application where I want to send to all registered users at a location I have chunk the requests into groups of 20 which is just silly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the web console load faster.

The web console loads way too slow and it's even worse if I load a tool such as the notification hub directly. I go through the pain of watching the whole application load then watch just the tool I want load. Something goofy happens with the loading screen so that the whole things just looks painful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base